Incline Bench Alternatives for CS&T

JulieH

Hi,
I just started the Pure Strength Series and I have the Reebok step (no risers to add/remove). Does anyone know of a cheap/easy alternative for creating an incline for the chest portion rather than buying another step :)
Thanks!

Reebok step

I don't have the Reebok step, but in the Circuit video Gin Miller uses the Reebok step on an incline. Just put one riser on the 6" or 8" height and put the other one on the next higher-8" or 10".

Reebok Step

I have a Reebok step and I do exactly what Kathy suggested: I just put the "thingy" on one end in the 6" position and the one on the other end in the 10" position. It works fine -- no need to buy a new step!

Enjoy your PS tapes -- they're my favorite!

Audrey

Reebok Step?

Hi, Julie:
I have an old DP step which I love except for the fact that the only two height options I have are 8" or about 2 1/2". I was wondering if you know whether or not one can still buy a Reebok step and if they are cheaper than Step Co. steps. Thanks and good luck with those inclines.
--Ann

Hi, Ann

I'm not Julie-- but I've had my Reebok Step less than a year, so I would suppose they're still available. As far as cost, I don't think it's significantly cheaper than the Step Company's. I paid about $95 for mine. I think that's about comparable to a "full price" Step Company one, though I've heard of people getting better deals on Step Company steps. (I'm not the best person to ask about price, so someone else might be able to give you better info on that issue. I live in the city without a car, and Reebok steps seemed to be the only kind available within "hauling" distance of my home, so I didn't really comparison shop.) FYI: if you ever use a 4" step, a Reebok one may not work for you--it starts at 6" and then adjusts to 8" and 10" (good for weight work but not much else).

Audrey

Reebok Steps

Hi Ann!
I got my Reebok step about 1 1/2 years at the Sports Authority. It was 69.99 and included the original Gin Miller step tape. They were selling the Step Co. steps for 89.99. I'm not sure what they sell for now, but I do step tapes 2-3x a week and my Reebok has really held up well. Hope this helps! Have a great day.
Julie

Thanks for the response!

I love the Cathe step tapes and this is my first time with strength training. PS is great - I'm just waiting until this soreness goes away ! (smile)

StepCo steps

You can also get these (the same ones Cathe uses) at Sams Club for about $50 or less depending on the store.....

I love mine and use it for everything- strength,stepping, and stretching!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.