I still need to be convinced on the STS series!!!!

amazondotmom

Cathlete
Cathe please convince me on the new STS series! I’m a huge fan, I started with your Mega Step Blast step tape (when it came out in 1994-I think) and have purchased every VHS/DVD since. I consider myself an advanced exerciser, I can keep up with you 95% of the time with cardio and weights (4DS upper body work is the only one area that I’m not up to par on), I’m not a big rotation person, I typically workout 45-70 minutes a day/6 days a week. I work out at the gym for my cardio (spinning, TurboKick and Step) and the other days I usually do weight work at home (your workouts). I love the idea of a new series but I guess I will be a bit overwhelmed with 37 DVDs in addition to my library of 90+ videos. It seems like this series is for the person who is intermediate level of fitness who wants to work up to the level you lift in your tapes. Am I interpreting this right? I am a huge fan of your workouts, you have made such an incredible difference in my fitness life and I’m grateful to you for that. I guess I need a bigger push on this series.

Hello, Not Cathe here but here is my perspective on the STS series.
This is only three days a week of lifting in which Cathe and crew will guide you through exercises designed to shock your muscles which will in turn develop huge strength gains and more muscle definition. Because it is only three days a week you have a ton of leeway to make the rotation your own and get whatever you want out of it.
To me this is the perfect rotation because I don't have to waste time in a gym waiting for weights wondering if I did enough reps or could I have lifted more weight? I am currently doing P90X and that is a six day per week commitment and leaves you little room to make changes. I think that Cathe's series will leave people much happier because they have the ability to choose their cardio and it is really not such a huge commitment considering most people here work out 4-6 days a week.
As far as this being a intermediate series, I think this is the total opposite. This is for anyone, people who want to be able to lift heavier, people who want more definition but aren't sure how and those that want to know what their bodies are capable of.
Just think of the possibilities that you could do with this series. As SNM said before these workouts can stand on their own when you finish the rotation and each time you do the rotation you can keep getting stronger.

Hope I convinced you:)
nkuangel

Hello nkuangel!

Thank you for that response. Like amazondotmom, I too was a little wary as to whether I should make this purchase. And I also love Cathe's workouts... been doing them for sometime now. But I wasn't quite clear on how it worked and whether it would be good for me. So you helped me a lot. Thanks again. Got my credit card ready!

Marcia

Hello Marcia,

I don't know why I feel so strongly about this series, I guess I don't think it's getting the props it quite deserves. This is such a huge project and I don't know of another female instructor who has created such a series as this. All in all I think this is going to do for my body what I have never been able to do in all of my years of exercising and teaching aerobics. I can't wait, I am glad that I was able to help with your decision!
nkuangel

>Hello Marcia,
>
>I don't know why I feel so strongly about this series, I guess
>I don't think it's getting the props it quite deserves. This
>is such a huge project and I don't know of another female
>instructor who has created such a series as this. All in all I
>think this is going to do for my body what I have never been
>able to do in all of my years of exercising and teaching
>aerobics. I can't wait, I am glad that I was able to help with
>your decision!
>nkuangel
>
>

I'm so in agreement. I think STS will make Cathe absolutely LEGENDARY - on a whole new level. If It's anything like it sounds it's going to dramatically change lives.

I want them to take their time to make it perfect but I really can't wait.

RE: sorry

This is such a huge and impressive endeavor it makes me wonder if we will be seeing STS infomercials anytime soon???}(

Carolyn

>>Hello Marcia,
>>
>>I don't know why I feel so strongly about this series, I
>guess
>>I don't think it's getting the props it quite deserves. This
>>is such a huge project and I don't know of another female
>>instructor who has created such a series as this. All in all
>I
>>think this is going to do for my body what I have never been
>>able to do in all of my years of exercising and teaching
>>aerobics. I can't wait, I am glad that I was able to help
>with
>>your decision!
>>nkuangel
>>
>>
>
>I'm so in agreement. I think STS will make Cathe absolutely
>LEGENDARY - on a whole new level. If It's anything like it
>sounds it's going to dramatically change lives.
>
>I want them to take their time to make it perfect but I really
>can't wait.

I agree as well. This is a HUGE undertaking on Cathe's part and I think it will dramatically change my body and possibly raise Cathe to a whole new level as an instructor. I don't have a squat rack (and couldn't get one even if I wanted to, I live in a one room apartment, no room for gym equipment) or a pull up bar or plate mates but I intend to get creative if need be to make this system work for me, just like Cathe always encourages us to do and just like I have always done in the past.

If anyone else asked me to spend $200 on 37 DVDS sight unseen, before they've even been filmed, I would laugh them out the door...but I trust Cathe. I know I will get top of the line DVD production, expert guidance and cueing, plus...there's Cathe and crew with their contagious enthusiasm and likeable personalities. Her workouts have changed my body and my life over the last couple of years, I have no reason to think STS will deliver anything other than superior results, as long as I follow her instruction and give it my all.

Janet

Janet....I totally agree with everything you said! I also don't have the space for all that equipment but I'll do what I can with what I have and give it my best. And just as you stated, $200+ on 37 DVD's would normally make me very nervous. But thanks to all the helpful input, I've made my decision. To me, Cathe is the only instructor that's kept me motivated, interested, and challenged. So I'm sticking with her!

Marcia

>>>Hello Marcia,
>>>
>>>I don't know why I feel so strongly about this series, I
>>guess
>>>I don't think it's getting the props it quite deserves.
>This
>>>is such a huge project and I don't know of another female
>>>instructor who has created such a series as this. All in
>all
>>I
>>>think this is going to do for my body what I have never
>been
>>>able to do in all of my years of exercising and teaching
>>>aerobics. I can't wait, I am glad that I was able to help
>>with
>>>your decision!
>>>nkuangel
>>>
>>>
>>
>>I'm so in agreement. I think STS will make Cathe absolutely
>>LEGENDARY - on a whole new level. If It's anything like it
>>sounds it's going to dramatically change lives.
>>
>>I want them to take their time to make it perfect but I
>really
>>can't wait.
>
>I agree as well. This is a HUGE undertaking on Cathe's part
>and I think it will dramatically change my body and possibly
>raise Cathe to a whole new level as an instructor. I don't
>have a squat rack (and couldn't get one even if I wanted to, I
>live in a one room apartment, no room for gym equipment) or a
>pull up bar or plate mates but I intend to get creative if
>need be to make this system work for me, just like Cathe
>always encourages us to do and just like I have always done in
>the past.
>
>If anyone else asked me to spend $200 on 37 DVDS sight unseen,
>before they've even been filmed, I would laugh them out the
>door...but I trust Cathe. I know I will get top of the line
>DVD production, expert guidance and cueing, plus...there's
>Cathe and crew with their contagious enthusiasm and likeable
>personalities. Her workouts have changed my body and my life
>over the last couple of years, I have no reason to think STS
>will deliver anything other than superior results, as long as
>I follow her instruction and give it my all.
>
>Janet
>
>

Yes, I completely agree with what Nkuangel and Janet are saying! The STS series sounds like it will be so fantastic and amazing -- and we'll have Cathe there to inspire and motivate us!!

This really is an incredible project, and I'm also surprised that there is so much resistance to it. Cathe will continue to bring us her fun cardio workouts, but we'll just have to wait a few more months to get them. I think that a lot of people are worried that STS will also be too "hardcore," but there is nothing that makes me worry about that at all. If anything, I feel like I'm ready for the new challenge! I have no desire to turn into a bodybuilder, but am eager to see what results I can get from continuing my 3x/week weight workouts -- on a whole different level!

I've seen such amazing results in the last couple of months from working out with Cathe's weight DVD's and I am so excited about what this new series will bring!!!

Carolyn,
I find your quote absolutely offesive referring to animals and black people, who if you were going to be politically correct are called African Americans. I as African American do not want my race put in the same sentence as an animal. I hope that you remove this from your signature or I will write SNM myself.

Hi Amazondotmom! I can see where it can get very overwhelming and confusing with our long and detailed update, but we wanted to be as thorough in our explanation as possible to give you a very solid idea of what to expect.

Sifting through all of those words...the message that you are looking for is this.

STS provides something for everyone. It caters to all fitness levels. Each person starts at their appropriate level and continues to make progress with each week of their total 12 weeks....

BUT.....where I could have been clearer, is that you do not have to follow the program exactly if you choose not to. Sure, it is only fair to say that to get the best possible periodized results for our STS program, it is best to follow the program as prescribed .

However, not everyone is interested in a periodized program, and if you are one of those people, you can instead choose to just use any workout, for any week, in any order you would like. You will still be challenged and get a heck of a workout each day, just not a periodized workout which of course prepares you to perform at improved levels in your next phase (aw, c'mon, you gotta try it as is just once ;-) ).

So, in the end, I think you will still enjoy the STS program using any one of the 37 workouts at a given time. Using it this way frees you up to choose whatever body parts you want to work at any given time.

I hope this has helped you :7

Just to let you know, this quote is by Alice Walker, a very famous African American writer who believes in feminism, racial equality, and animal rights. If you read the quote right you'll see that that's all it's saying.

Amy

Trish:

you are reading Alice Walker's words in a very parochial fashion. Ms. Walker speaks more globally and you are not perceiving this. When she speaks of black people she is using a term which allows her to speak of all black people the world over. Only black Americans living within the US use the name African-American. In my country, the UK, this term would not apply at all and no-one would lend it any political credence. We use the term Black Briton, when we feel the need to refer to race at all. In general we refer to all as Britons, regardless of race.

Clare

Nancy S.

That is exactly what I needed to know too.I have a lot of DVDs alrady and I didn't want to buy STS and feel I could never use my other DVDs ever again, as they were an investment as well. Also I am not sure how long I could stay committed to the series as it is laid out, it is good to know the DVDs can stand on their own individually.:)

Okay, Okay, I'm gonna cave! But it is going to be next month! I'm sure it will be nothing less than wonderful. I think I need to weed through some of my Fitness videos that I no longer use or like (not Cathe's). Once again I have to say thank you Cathe, I am so impressed with you and your workouts they have made me a better person and I am thankful for all that you do. I also want to thank you for emailing me a personal response so quickly.

I want it now, but can't afford it. Maybe it can be a combined xmas gift to me next year from a few people. :)

I still have to find a way from obsessing about the 1RM...I can waste great amounts of time obsessing, unfortunately!

I'm still thinking about it myself. I wasn't a huge fan of the 4 day split, mainly cause I'm sick of step workouts, but the STS system really has me thinking hard.

Maybe by Feb I'll have made my mind up and preordered.

>Carolyn,
>I find your quote absolutely offesive referring to animals and
>black people, who if you were going to be politically correct
>are called African Americans. I as African American do not
>want my race put in the same sentence as an animal. I hope
>that you remove this from your signature or I will write SNM
>myself.

I asked my boss once what did he wish to be referred to as? His response was "I am a black man".
It depends on who you ask and when because times change. Some people prefer man/women of color. Some people African-American other people black.
Sidney Poiter refers to himself as....A man,and that is what he sees when he looks into a mirror he sees a man. not a black man, just a man.

Trish, I am sorry but I thought that you were offensive.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.