i should have turned to you all for support- a bit long, sorry

SuriTkd

Cathlete
hi everyone,

its been a while since i have been on the site. i have been overwhelmed with life. first, my good friend was diagnosed with cervical cancer. she is unable to have a hysterectomy due to a variety of health reasons. (overweight, diabetic, etc.) she has been getting radiation and is getting chemo. during this time, i found out my adopted dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. i met this man and his wife at the park in 1999 and "adopted" them. we plan to have him walk me down the isle at my wedding on dec 2. ( my real father passed away). he is scheduled for surgery tomorrow at nyu. about 3 weeks ago, my cat alice got sick. she stopped eating and i thought i was going to have to put her down. i know she is going to be 20 in october, but this was just the straw that broke the camels back. i was a mess, and havent cried this much in a very long time. i felt like i was losing everything and everyone important to me. i wanted to postpone the wedding, but richies wife told me that this is what is keeping him strong and gave him a goal to look forward to.

the good news is that alice got fluids and her blood work was normal. her meds were working, so after almost a week of starving herself, i gave up. i decided to forgo her kidney food and i got her what i know she likes. my princess chowed on fancy feast. she was either going to starve herself or eat the wrong foods and die happy. she has since had more blood work and is ok, except for a slight ulcer. now we have added a 1/4 tablet of pepcid to the mix. slowly we are trying to get her back to her food.

i am sorry to chew your ears off, but it seems so easy to listen to others. yet, i felt like i was bothering you all to share my problems. my insides are ripping right now with the surgery tomorrow. he has already had two major bypass surgeries. the fact that he is not my real father doesnt make my love for him any less. i love him just as much.

please pray for him and for my good friend. i will let you know how the surgery goes when i get home in the afternoon. it is going to be a very long day.

thank you all for listening.

suri

Hugs to you for all you are going through. Prayers to your friend and your adopted father with their health problems. Wishing your kitty happiness at this part of her life. You obviously have been doing something right for her to have lived 20 years already. Hopefully everything will work out for you. It sounds like you have a very kind heart and it shows in the way others have turned to you. Stay strong (for yourself and them)

Jean

BIG (((HUGS))) to you. I am sorry for what your friend and "father" are going through. I am happy that your kitty is hopefully back on the road to recovery. I will say prayers for you and your "father" and your friend. Please don't feel like you are bothering us with your problems, No one here see it that way. We are always willing to send out cyber hugs and prayers ;-) ;-) . Take care of yourself too!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are going through so much, stay strong and know there are people thinking and praying for you and your loved ones.

You aren't bothering anyone. You are sharing your life with us and that is wonderful. Wishing you all the best and sending prayers for your father, Alice and for a happy wedding celebration.

RE: i should have turned to you all for support- a bit ...

Loads of hugs and prayers here too.

Just got over a couple of bad weeks myself. Now my back is out and I can't excercise again x(

BUT, I come here when I have the time and always find some "fun" to take me away from whatever is bugging me.

Hope all gets better for you soon - and happy days are ahead with your upcoming marriage :7

Prayers and hugs to you. Unload anytime. I'll pray for all of you. :)

I'm glad you posted - there are a lot of us here that have had a tough year. It's always good to "talk" to someone that understands what your going through.

Suri,

((((Hugs)))) to you, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.