I see why you do it Cathe!

amyg

Cathlete
I was working with my bootcampers today on going heavier with their weights. (I'm tired of the women taking 5lbs as their "heavy" weights!) We did a pyramid workout and I explained to them why they could go heavier when they knew it was only 8 reps as opposed to most days when we go for time instead of reps.

I felt so great after telling them what weights I would use if I were doing the workout with them... and most of them went heavier!!! How cool to somehow inspire people like that. (I also got to get my private competitive side satisfied when I kept quiet and didn't compete with the guys... who were using 12-25s just like I do, LOL!)

Thanks for setting a great example for me as an individual and as an instructor. :7

Hugs,

That is great! And thanks to you for the help you have offered me this past week! You're the best!
Clarissa

Not a problem Clarissa!! I've got tons of workouts on my computer if you need any more "inspiration" LOL!

It is **so** rewarding to see my bootcampers creeping up with their weights!!! :) One woman who has been there for years today brought out 10lbs instead of 8lbs for her medium weights!!! :7 LOL, if they only knew how happy they are making me... ;)

I honestly owe the success of my muscle classes to Cathe's workouts. One of the health clubs I teach at caters to senior citizens and these gals are hard workers who don't want to be babied. The comment cards I have received are amazingly complementary, but it is Cathe who inspires me to constantly challenge my participants. Whenver I ask other instructors if they have heard of Cathe they have no idea who she is and I like it that way. She's my own little secret to success (and I've stopped asking for that reason!):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.