I just did MIC hi/lo barefoot....on my new Reboundair!!

dani21496

Cathlete
I just got a new Reboundair (mini trampoline) today and tested out MIC's hi/lo section. I thought it would be easier but part of it was actually harder because of how many bpms. I'm dripping sweat! It was so much fun!!! :p

Thanks for sharing. This is exactly how I thought I could use a rebounder. Do you think you will use the rebounder often in Cathe's workouts? Yesterday I did Bootcamp and I thought it would be fun to use a rebounder for many of the cardio sections. What do you think?

I have thought of getting myself a mini-rebounder but I think my ceiling is too low and I would wind up hitting my head! :p

Do you actually bounce high? How do you do it? Are your ceilings high or low?

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon

At the risk of being a killjoy and / or starting a flame war, IMHO using a rebounder for a workout routine that was produced on a firm floor surface is a manifestly unsafe thing to do, especially barefoot.

Although I've never trained on a rebounder before, it should be noted that in all of the rebounding classes I've ever seen all participants and instructors are wearing proper footwear, and the bpms are pitched so that movements can be executed safely and with good form given the more unstable surface and limited surface area of the rebounder.

Cathe's workouts are produced very carefully, and it is incredibly risky to so radically change a fundamental element of her routines as the impact-bearing surface on which you are exercising. There is an inherent risk to any high-intensity workout; however, the risks involved in performing a workout routine on a rebounder that was not specifically produced for that piece of equipment are far greater than the possible rewards.

A-Jock

Hi everyone! My ceilings aren't high and I had plenty of room. You don't really jump that high.

The actual rebounding workout video that came with my rebounder "Keep On Rebounding" says you *can* rebound barefoot. The actual instructor is barefoot as well. I was totally comfortable doing Cathe's MIC hi/lo on the rebounder and my heartrate was way up there.

There are so many hi/lo movements you can do on a rebounder.

I had so much fun. I will definitely be doing this more often. The funnest moves for me was when she did the plyo jacks, then jumping up and down. These are so fun on the rebounder.

I would practice first with the beginner tape it comes with so you get used to the rebounder and then adapt other workouts to it.

Have Fun!!!

>I have thought of getting myself a mini-rebounder but I think
>my ceiling is too low and I would wind up hitting my head! :p
>
>
>Do you actually bounce high? How do you do it? Are your
>ceilings high or low?
>

With a rebounder, you actually push DOWN into in more than bouncing up. I'd say that 6 inches of head room would be enough.

I like to adapt high impact choreo to the rebounder (with shoes on, though). Sometimes moves have to be adapted a bit to "fit" the rebounder (both the size of the rebounder, and the safe 'unrushed' speed of movement). Many of the moves in MIC are nicely adapted to th rebounder. In fact, I just read a post at videofitness.com about some new rebounder workouts, and one that is based on traditional hi-lo moves contains many of the same moves.

I absolutely love my rebounder! I am also experimenting with non-rebounding tapes on the rebounder and have found I can do so much more cardio than I could before.

Previously, I had to sell some of my Cathe tapes, due to the high-impact. Now I'm going to re-purchase some of these and adapt them to the rebounder.

Without the rebounder, I can barely do any cardio at all, so I'm very happy that I tried it!

Maybe I'll buy Cathe a rebounder for Xmas... :9

I LOVE doing the hilo of MIC on my rebounder. There are some moves that I modify but it seems to be pretty much at the same speed as the Urban Rebounder Challenge workout. I do agree that adapting a nonrebounder workout to the rebounder can be dangerous, but I think that as long as we use common sense and have experience with the equipment it can be done safely...but it is a chance that we take.

I used to have a rebounder years and years (never mind how many years ago). when I first got it - I foolishly jumped right on barefoot - fell off, twisted ankle, broke ankle.

Now, many more years later - I have ordered the reboundair - having said that and made my disclaimer of not being an exercise professional but an avid video home exerciser familar with the equipment....Barbie is right - common sense - ofcourse many tapes that were not produced for a rebounder workout will not work - lateral moves come to mind - Just use common sense - if the move looks iffy -jog in place or bounce in place but please, please please wear proper shoes.

I plan on testing out many non-rebounder tapes but cautiously.

>I used to have a rebounder years and years (never mind how
>many years ago). when I first got it - I foolishly jumped
>right on barefoot - fell off, twisted ankle, broke ankle.
>
>Now, many more years later - I have ordered the reboundair -
>having said that and made my disclaimer of not being an
>exercise professional but an avid video home exerciser familar
>with the equipment....Barbie is right - common sense -
>ofcourse many tapes that were not produced for a rebounder
>workout will not work - lateral moves come to mind - Just use
>common sense - if the move looks iffy -jog in place or bounce
>in place but please, please please wear proper shoes.
>
>I plan on testing out many non-rebounder tapes but
>cautiously.

I would imagine that it would be harder to use the old versions of the rebounders barefoot. The more pricey Reboundairs have much more give and bounce to them. I will try it with shoes next time and see which is more comfortable. The people on the Reboundair video said you can do whichever way is more comfortable for you.

Thanks for the advice!! :7

> The people on the Reboundair video said you can do whichever
>way is more comfortable for you.

Is this "Keep on Rebounding"? They also show people bouncing with only socks on, which I think would be very risky from a "slipppage" point of view.

Yes, Kathryn. You're right, its from "Keep On Rebounding". I think I'm just going to go ahead and wear shoes just to be on the safe side. :D

>I think I'm just going to go ahead and wear shoes just to be
>on the safe side. :D

And to keep us "safety nags" off your back?:p

>
>And to keep us "safety nags" off your back?:p

LOL!!! That's so funny!! It's kind of like talking to your mom. Deep down, you know she knows best, but you don't want to admit it. :p

Thanks for the info. I've been drooling at the thought of getting one of those great rebounders, but back-to-school shopping has to come first. :( I know what I want for Christmas!

Keep us updated as you do other Cathe w/o on the rebounder. Of course safety comes first, but you knew that. ;-)

Hi nyrice! You're welcome!

I just tried FitPrime's G-Force (with shoes!! :7 ) and I'm crazy about it!!!

Next time I think I'll try Cathe's Bootcamp.

Question for those that do MIC hi/lo on the reboundair...

How do you do it...I just watched the clip - do you do some of the moves on the floor and then move to the rebounder? I'm curious because this may become one of my wish list videos.

Thanks.

STOP Dani!

You're making me want to buy another mini-tramp! I am very upset with myself as I let my hubby talk me into selling my mini trap (a very nice one) at our garage sale a few years back for FIVE DOLLARS since I never used it. What was I thinking??? Also, sold a really nice punching bag my son had. Boy, who would have guessed they'd come out with great vids for this type of equipment? Thanks for sharing although it is making me want to buy more equipment!!! ;-)
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I love the rebounder

I did the "jump rope" section from Kickbox on my rebounder today. It was perfect. I, too, got rid of many of my Cathe's since I could no longer do high and even some low impact moves. I'm now buying them all over again and seeing how they adapt to the rebounder. My rebounder makes me feel young again.

Nee:D

Hi Bebop,

When Cathe would do grapevines and big lateral moves, I just modified and jumped side to side to fit on the rebounder until they got to the part I could do on the rebounder. You could also do part of it on the floor if you wanted. This is what I'll do with Bootcamp.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.