I just did 100 push-ups!

honeybunch1

Cathlete
At about 1:40PM EST, I did 100 consecutive push-ups! Age 56 years and 2 months. Now I have to do more!!!!!

The moral is, age is no excuse!
Just Do It! :)

Wow Honeybunch! That is fantastic!! You are an inspiration to all of us here at Cathe.com!

And indeed, Age Is No Excuse!}(

i bow to you honeybunch. excellent work!!!!
kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

I think you and Cathe should have a contest!:eek:

That's incredible and very motivating. I wish I could do twenty!

Congratulations!:D

Maybe if we have another Road Trip we could do one! I'd rather do it quietly with not a lot of people around. I think I'd give her a run for her money! Now a contest of tuck jumps, forget it!

Holy crap! That is amazing! Tell me how you worked up to that?? Did you work on it every day? Tell us how you did it...and how long it took.

That is GREAT!!!!

I've been doing push-ups for years, and a couple of years ago did 75, and never attempted more (I was scared to, quite frankly, afraid I could never top that), and this year decided I'd try for 100. The clincher was when I really paid strict attention to form - holding my core really strong, not letting anything "sag," not allowing my back to do what I call a "wave" motion on the way up, watching my hand placement - and it just clicked. Also, don't let your legs sag - that was a biggy for me to get over. Strong, strong core, and work with your upper body muscles. Imagine you have a board up your back.

Practice, practice, practice - lift your upper body, don't drag your back up (like you're dragging yourself out of a pool), I guess that's my best advice. Go back to wall pushups if that's what it takes to get your form right, then progress to chair pushups, knee pushups, then negatives - on the toes for the "down" motion, then on the knees for the "up" motion, next are the "military" variety that we all love!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.