I hope you

Cathe,

You've got Mr. Carey two ways: you'll outwork him and you'll most definitely outclass him. Show him how a real lady kicks "buttocks!"

OMG, THAT was who called video exercisers "morons?" I am SO embarrassed because he's from my adopted hometown newspaper, the Philadelphia Inquirer.

He's really dumb, because Cathe is right across the bridge and he can't get out of this one! It would be different if he were in Iowa or Seattle and talking !@#$!

GO CATHE!!!!

In the words of Willard Stiles....

"TEAR 'EM UP!!"

Another Jersey tomato!

>He actually can get away in print with calling you a "Jersey
>tomato"???
>

Just wanted to let you know, as another "Jersey tomato," that's actually not an insult as New Jersey is known for having the absolute best tomatoes around!

Michele

Okay--first of all just a comment on this Art guy--he reminds me of the hockey/lacrosse players that used to have to attend our aerobics class when I was in college. They come in shooting their mouths off about how "wimpy" and "lame" aerobics is--AND they don't bother to stop even when the instructor enters the room. She would get madder and madder and then we would all receive the workout from he**! She wouldn't stop until every single one of them was gasping and groaning on the floor--I always enjoyed watching them eat their words :)

Cathe--I admire your professionalism and your talent and please, please, please make him pay with a smile on your face!!!:p
I'd pay money to see it!!

Good luck,
Kim

I know that this is a far-fetched dream but is it possible to preorder a copy of the Art Carey Workout with Cathe?

Give him lots and lots of low ends !!

Beth K.

Hi Michele!

NJ tomatoes are the best, that's true -- I know, my DH is from NJ and I LOVE summer tomatoes there.

My point mostly is that I can't stand it when some condescending guy calls an accomplished woman like Cathe a "Jersey tomato" like she's a fine trophy item -- I think it's depersonalizing and sexist.

Having said that, I must say that as fitness instructors and mentors go, if you consider them tomatoes then our Miss Cathe is indeed the Jersey of all tomatoes!

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

RE: I think he IS a low end...

You guys are so great. I read "the letter" and then these comments. I am splitting my gut with laughter. I don't know any guys personally who could do the workouts I do. Most of them are "weekend warriors." I would love to hear a response from Mr Carey after he works out with Cathe. He should just come to one of her daily classes and watch all the people like us do their "V-pikes on the stability ball." Then he would see all us tough critters got tough doing this stuff. YEAAAAH!

That was the funniest article I think I have ever read.

You go get em' Cathe! We are all rootin' you on girlfriend. You kick his butt right into terminator hell! Take out all your tricks, the v-pike, cycles of 15 single leg jumps on the steps, jeanie hops and everything else!

I can not wait to hear how it goes. Do NOT goe easy on this loser! Show him what real chicks are made of. Certainly not sugar and spice and everything nice :7

Does anyone out there know what this Art Carey looks like? Is he just out of shape and jealous of anyone who is in shape? Does anyone have a snapshot of him? It sounds to me that this man has nothing better to do than to put ignorant articles in his column. Make him sweat Cathe!

Girls, relax, please. This guy is having great fun at the expense of this group.
He kows what he is doing, and I am sure will see the benefits of Cathe's workouts. I, too, wrote him, and received a great response.
I would politely wish to remind you there are worse things in this little world of ours than being called "babes", "lookers" or "tomatoes".
He's actually a pretty sensitive guy,from what I can tell (you should check out his recent article on the late Fred Rogers if you are in the mood for a good cry; it's a lovely article).
He's funny, too, in my opinion.

I know Cathe will graciously show him her productions provide style and substance.

Yeah, just having fun.

He is a great writer. I really enjoyed his humor. I really liked the writing of the woman who wrote the response letter we all got to read.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.