I guess I'm being a little corny

You go A-Jock. LOVED your posts.

I understand how everyone feels...thrilled with Cathe's success but worried about losing our little community. I've felt it too. But I soon realized that A. I actually am happy for anyone who finds Cathe, & B. Many people will eventually stop. Which is a shame.

I do think Cathe will be busier from now on, but we're big girls & we keep each other going during her absences. And darn it, I'm SO proud of her!!

Ruth:)

Right on A-Jock!
While I see where you Cathe-veterans are coming from, I cannot be thankful enough for seeing her on FitTV. I've been weight training off and on for 21 years and what the weight trainers say works does not work for me!!! I have to do what is considered overtraining or I bulk up like a dude. I've only started doing Cathe a few weeks ago and I swear folks, I should have taken measurements because by the 3rd workout (I only have All-Step & ME) other people noticing the changes in my physique. No joke. No modifications. I pause the tape and go back until I complete each exercise. She's the best and to think I would have never learned about her had it not been for FitTV. That's why I'm being such a pain in the can about the channel. I want other people to have the same opportunity that I had.

Violette

Swissmom, aren't they great?? I am totally addicted. I even ordered their new book from the UK. It's not available here yet.

Violette, I also saw Cathe on FitTV. I am also thankful that I saw her on FitTV. I have a ton TIVO'd, and although they are not the complete workouts, they are still very effective in toning and burning calories. Some of the shows on FitTV, like PUB, are only missing abs, so I can go to another show and do abs, etc. If one show is missing shoulders, etc. I do them when they are at commercial. I haven't been in this good of shape in a long time. I own ME, and love doing it. I ordered the Hardcore Series a while ago and am looking forward to using them many, many times.

I understand what you're saying too. I started using her step tapes about 7 years ago and my collection has just grown by leaps and bounds. I can't imagine any of my friends who workout using her videos because, let's face it, they are HARD and take motivation & dedication to stick to. All of us that have 'grown' with Cathe should take pride in the fact that we've been avid fans for so long and know that we won't be giving up like so many people tend to do. :)

I find this thread so depressing. I've been working out with Cathe for a few years, but didn't know about the forums until a few days ago - I was looking forward to getting into it but now I am completely hesitant to join in!

We are all new to something, aren't we? For example, I was one of the first people to try TaeBo due to a personal relationship with Billy's family. Rather than feeling it was an exclusive club for the people who were there from the beginning, I was thrilled when it became so popular. It was helping so many people and I think the universal welcome of the TaeBo team is what helped make it so successful. More people getting involved meant the ability to produce more videos for a longer time.

I guess it's human nature to want to keep things "secret". It's why we get bummed when our favorite unknown band becomes popular or when that cute indie-film actor becomes a well-known action star. But try to remember, we were all new once.

Wow! It seems like this thread is about to take a turn for the worse. I certainly did not mean that this is some "exclusive club." I wasn't even referring to people on this forum. I don't consider myself to be in any club. I simply meant that since Cathe is getting more coverage than before, IMO, she isn't a well kept secret any longer and I miss that a little. This wasn't meant to be an attack on new forum members. I should have realized that sensitive people would take this the wrong way. I debated even starting this thread for that very reason.

LaGuapa, PLEASE don't hesitate!

You are so TOTALLY welcome here, and I say that as someone who's been a daily visitor here at this website since 1996 (and if you think that makes me old, well, you'd be right! ;-)) New members keep us oldtimers interesting, I think (with ALL due respects to my much-loved oldtimer pals here, and you sure know who you are and how much I adore all of ya!)

I think the prevailing sentiment is exactly what you've described -- until recently, being a Cathe fan brought with it the thrill of discovering something wonderful that not too many other people had yet found. I don't think you could find one person on these Forums who begrudges Cathe this recognition and success. In fact, part of what makes this community unique is that, because Cathe's personally such a big participant, we all feel like one of our dear friends has suddenly hit "the big time." It's like she's the girlfriend who always sang the best, and we all knew it, and we always hoped she'd get that recording contract, and we were all thrilled for her when Def Jam Records signed her to a zillion-dollar deal. But we were all conflicted, too, because we knew that that fabulous record deal would take her away from us a little bit by giving her away to many more people. It's like that with us and Cathe. No one is more tickled for her than us, her Educated Crowd. But we'd be lying if we didn't admit to a little sadness that she's not just ours now.

So PLEASE join us in celebrating Cathe and PLEASE humor those of us who are a little bit cranky about Cathe's new celebrity. We don't mean to be unwelcoming, we're just pouting a little bit, briefly. :)

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-001.gif
[font color=green]2005 Worked Out With Cathe Days 16/34/365

RE: LaGuapa, PLEASE don't hesitate!

I think the toughness of Cathe's workouts will always keep our "club" somewhat little. If that is the case I still hope many more people come to know Cathe whether they do her workouts or not. That way each of us can get a little respect when we say she is the one we work out with.

With respect for R. Dangerfield...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.