I feel like im the only one cathe does not answer..

D

Denice

I know she is busy but I notice that other posts are answered. Does anyone know how this works? Is it only certain questions she answers? Thanks. Denice

I know that Cathe does not answer every post - once a while back I posted, did not get a response, so I e-mailed her - and that worked! Sometimes the reponses from others are just as helpful, though like you seem to feel, having a comment from Cathe is very special. My guess is that this weekend she is just too busy with DVD orders...

Hope you get the answers to your questions - I mostly lurk and pop in with q & a's every now and then (mostly q's!!).

Have a great day.

Joanna

Sometimes, the posts get overlooked. After all, look how many people post! Don't give up. Redo your post but make the subject really noticable like CATHE, DESPERATE TO REACH YOU! I have seen some threads get really long before she notices them. Some she never notices. If at first you don't suceed, try, try again!

:)Bobbi

not true

Hi Denice,

Cathe does not answer every question in the "Ask Cathe" forum. From what I've observed, certain types of questions are skipped:

* Broad & unspecific questions.

* Questions that refer to competitors videos (e.g. "I'm using X's tapes - how do I mix in your tapes Cathe?"). (We can't expect Cathe to be familiar with her competitors videos.)

* Questions that she has just answered or someone else has provided a good response.

* And sometimes she just doesn't get to the forum because she's too darn busy! Cathe's extremely generous with her time & expertise. We need to recognize that she can't get to all of our questions.

I don't know which of your questions wasn't addressed. If it's the rotation question, please take a look at the rotation ideas Cathe posted in response to "How to get in shape for my wedding??" If the starting rotation is too easy for you, then chose one of the later rotations. It's quite flexible meaning that you can substitute workouts to fit your interests & needs.

Hope this helps Denise.

RE: not true

I have read all of the rotation suggestions. I wanted help with my rotation reason being is that I dont have or choose to, all the tapes that are in those particular rotations. I am doing the slow and heavy with cardio kicks and wanted mostly to know what to encororate for more cardio being that I opt not to do the more advanced stepp tapes. So that was why I attempted to ask for her help, I have posted to get some suggestions and got alot of mixed answeres so i was really confused as to what is scientifically the best way to go I do understand she is busy as I did say in my post, I see that posts that were posted after mine did get answered and wondered if there was a certaian way they were answered and or is the staff answereing them..... well all in all no harm done was just curiouse as to if anyone else felt this way... Thanks for responding. Denice.

RE: not true

Hi Denice,

Just a few ideas that may help you. One of the ways I have found most useful to get ideas for different rotations and incorporating different types of excercise is to read the Weekly Checkin Posts under the Open Discussion Forum. Everyone posts their weekly workouts and there are people doing all sorts of different workouts and excercises. It's a great source of ideas! :) Also you can do searches by cateory to look up old Weekly Checkins or just choose other topics like kickboxing or running or spinning etc and you will find tons of posts on all sorts of activities. You can even post a question directed to any one on the forum who is doing a rotation you like and almost always people will respond with help to your questions. Other ideas for research would be to go to the VideoFitness website (there is a link to it from Cathe's links) there is a great forum there. You can also find great ideas for adding jogging to your workouts at the Runners World site under the beginner section.

I know you want to hear from Cathe but Im sure she is just totally swamped trying to get the DVDs out to all of us who are eagerly waiting for them :) I hope these ideas are helpful. The people on this forum are the most educated and dedicated and helpful people involved in fitness around and Im sure will be more than happy to help you. I have noticed that almost every time someone here answers a question that Cathe hasn't been able to get to Cathe thanks them for saying exactly what she would have ! :)

Good luck to you,

Alison

allison

thanks for your reply, i will check out the other sites.. thanks alot Denice

Cathe's Answers

Cathe also avoids answering questions regarding her diet, weight, etc.

She makes it clear she is not a nutritionist and I have never known her to answer questions about her diet.

She may have but I have missed it.

Can somebody explain to me what a "Clean" diet is?

RE: Cathe's Answers

Hi, Amy, this one comes up again and again. Check out the posts in the Open Discussion Forum under Clean Eating and Clean Eating challenge. There was alot of discussion about it during the end of July and early August.

Bobbi

RE: Cathe's Answers

I was just reading your post and the question you asked of cathe. I really do think that the How to get in shape for my wedding post would help you. I also do not have all the tapes and choose to get must of my cardio throught jogging. However with some minor tweaks to the rotation it is going to work for me. I just love the options that she gives in that rotation. I think if you look closer you can see how you could change up the rotation to fit the tapes and things you wish to do.

Hi Denice! Please don't feel neglected or take anything personally. I certainly do not do this deliberately. I know that there are situations where sometimes a person posts two weeks before someone else, yet the other person gets answered first. I know it does not seem fair at all but I'll tell you the thought process behind it. A couple of years ago I had more of a grounded schedule here and I was able to spend "x" amount of hours just doing questions. At that time I tried to take them in the order that they were received. Unfortunately, these days I do not have a long span of time that I can devote only to the forums(which saddens me because I very much love to be in touch with all of you). So now what I have to do is based on the amount of time that I have on a given day, I have to grab the questions that I think I can answer in the time frame that I have.

Another poster, Debra, has also pretty much given accurate reasons as to why I do not always respond to certain types of posts (very observant Debra ;-)). Rotation questions are tough for me too because I really take the time to think them through and provide the most accurate rotation that I can for each persons specific requests. Because of that, I can only handle a few of those when I see that I have more time to be on the forum on a given day. I know that this set up is not always fair to everyone and I truly apologize for this. But for now, this is the only way that it can work for me. I hope that this does not discourage you from posting :)! Thanks!

Hi again Denice! I just now realized that my post came up under SNM Videos. This is because earlier I jumped on an available computer here in the office, forgetting to log on separately. This now shows as if SNM videos responded to you. Just wanted to clarify that it was me who answered :).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.