I caved and bought P9ox

eriniski

Cathlete
Am I going to be disappointed or ecstatic from results??? I wanted STS but can't afford right now. Did anyone get results. I didnt purchase the pull up bar either is there anywhere I can get a cheap pull up bar?

P90X

Am I going to be disappointed or ecstatic from results??? I wanted STS but can't afford right now. Did anyone get results. I didnt purchase the pull up bar either is there anywhere I can get a cheap pull up bar?

It's a good program - I can see why it's very popular. Certainly not a wimpy workout package! I got mine on ebay.

I LOVED the X and got great results from it! Leaned up and amazing muscle. And I didn't follow the nutrition plan. I ate the "plethora of crap" diet that I normally eat;)

I've done both and I prefer STS. But that's just me. I actually sold my P90X. I got bored after about a month. I know I'm in the minority on this, however.

I own P90X, and loved it.:) It is the reason I didn't hesitate spending the money on STS.
Having both, I think STS is better for weight training variety.
P90X is a well rounded program and Tony is one of my favorite instructors. He always makes me laugh.:D
I think P90X will get you ready for STS.
I would save up for STS and buy it when you can. It's by far Cathe's best!!!

Look for a pull up bar on Amazon. I think K-Mart has the perfect pull up bar (in store) pretty reasonable too.

Now I'm excited! Thanks for the feedback on the pullup bar. Shelley, I will continue to eat the way I do too!! I needed something to look forward to doing in the working out department. Next maybe I will end up an sts'er too!

I loved it and Tony Horton always makes me laugh! I will pop in a dvd every once in awhile and it is always fun!
You can get a pull up bar just about everywhere now. Check Amazon and look at the reviews. Have fun - it is a great series.

CardioX

I haven't even looked at the CardioX DVD on P90X. Can anyone tell me how it compares in difficulty to the PlyoX, KenpoX or any other cardio workout? I know, I could go home and watch it, but I haven't and I'm on week 11 (whoohoo, I'm coming STS) so I probably won't any time soon.

I love P90X by the way. I love the style of workouts, the rotation, Tony's a great guy to instruct and I know STS is going to be far better. I will definitely do P90X again. I didn't lose any weight, but I'm better at pull ups (I bought the $25 one for the doorway) and if I ate as clean as possible, I'm sure I'd look much fitter. BTW, hubby says derrier looks rounder! So, something's working!

Cardio X is a compilation of Yoga X, Kenpo X, and Plyo X (and maybe one other workout but I forget). It was meant to be used as either an extra workout for the Doubles Rotation or as a way to build up to Plyo X so it's not as tough as Plyo X (which isn't as tough as Cathe's IMAXes but you do get out of it what you put into it). The rock star jumps were the toughest move on Plyo X.

Marcy

I got my pullup bar at Walmart. It's from Golds Gym and it was under $12. It's very basic but serves the purpose. You can also remove the bar when you are done with it so it's on in the way (though the brackets still stay in the doorway).

CardioX

Thanks for the info on CardioX. I'll try it on my 1rm week in preparation for STS. I agree about plyo not being near as tough as, I would say, ANY of Cathe's cardio workouts! Yeah, the rock star jumps are hard and so is doing the knee jump tucks and the mary catherines back to back.

Has anyone included Cathe's cardio or any extra with P90X? I know the double rotation is just using Cardio X and P90X is aimed at building muscle, so probably cuts back on the cardio. but if you are trying to lose weight, maybe adding in Cathe and some other harder cardio a few days week wouldn't hurt?

Has anyone included Cathe's cardio or any extra with P90X? I know the double rotation is just using Cardio X and P90X is aimed at building muscle, so probably cuts back on the cardio. but if you are trying to lose weight, maybe adding in Cathe and some other harder cardio a few days week wouldn't hurt?

Hi-
When I did the full 90 day rotation of P90x, I did additional cardio since I'm a cardio junkie and can't give it up. I would do KenpoX, and PlyoX, but never did cardio X.. wasn't long or challenging enough.

I also ran, and did Cathe cardio, but I cut down from my usual 40 minutes of cardio down to about 30. I never did do the stretch or yoga workouts, too long and I chose to put my time into the cardio.

That being said, I just pulled P90X out after about a year this week and did some of the weight training workouts... I've been going to the gym for the last year pretty hardcore and lifting hard there, so I was thinking they might be too easy.. Man, I was humbled quickly.. they are hard.. and, you do get your heart rate up during the weight work since it moves pretty fast and they are challenging moves. ( ie Chest/Back.. pushup/pull up DVD especially!)

I did get great strength gaining results, esp. in my tris/bis, and back.

If you aren't a cardio junkie, then I would suggest trying the workouts and see how you feel first.. those first few weeks were tough, and I remember being pretty tired ( probably to the point of overtraining) by addiing the additonal cardio. If I ever do a full 90 days again, I will probably even cut my cardio down even more.

Hope that helps! Lynn M.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.