I am so happy to be fit when...

RE: Me Too!

They make some cowboy boots that aren't too high...I have a pair that I bought about 1980! I have boots that are older than some of the people that post in these forums!!!!;-) I want to drag them out this winter and wear them again.

One of my favorite songs is "Got to Get You into My Life" by the Beatles....Paul rules! That's a great walking song.

I know all those great songs - I always listen to the oldies station. IMO the best decade for music was the 60s. Anyway, I was happy to be fit when I stopped at Home Depot after work last week and was able to pick up one of those big ole 5 gallon tubs of paint and put it in my cart like it was nothing (wearing a skirt and heels no less) while the guy behind the paint counter was just shaking his head at me.

Lorrie

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-01 AT 08:32PM (Est)[/font][p]I am able to run away from the neighborhood bully......
kidding!!!
No, that would be when I am able to empty almost an entire truck load of groceries at once in those plastic baggies.....assuming my fingers don't fall off from the bloodflow being cut off!! And hopefully not squish the bread!!
Also, I can still outrun my 14 yr old in a 4 mile run...and I outlift alot of people I know at the gym.
Your taste in music is awesome!! Anyone know "Summer of '69" by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons? LUV that song! We have a superb oldies channel here.....WQSR 105.7 in Baltimore.
Trevor :) :-jumpy

RE: Me Too!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-01 AT 08:31PM (Est)[/font][p]Hey Honeybunch!!!

DAED SI LUAP DAED SI LUAP

SURLAW EHT SI LUAP

Ever hear the original version of "Got to Get You Into My Life" on Beatles Anthology 2?......featuring an organ of all things? Check it out if you haven't.
The Beatles!!! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME BABY!!
Trevor :)

this one happened today..

and, by the way, I knew you'd guys would know my favorite Crystal Blue Persuasion: summer of 69:eek:oooh. What a year!!! anyway.... I won't go there. }> today, I bought my usual case of wine--and the 20 year old casepacker says: ma'aM "can I help you out with that?" I told him: "no, you need not. If I can't lift it, I shouldn't be buying it." ha-ha. went home and did Step Fit, for good measure.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-07-01 AT 04:18AM (Est)[/font][p]...how about anything put out by Phil Spector???!!!! The "Phil Spector wall of sound!"

"Met him on a Monday and my heart stood still, the do-ron-ron-ron the do-ron. Somebody told me that his name was Phil, the do-ron-ron-ron, the do-ron-ron."

I live within 40 miles of the Rock Hall and have never been there! What's wrong with me?????!!!!!! Have you been there, Deb H?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-07-01 AT 11:47AM (Est)[/font][p]Honeybunch,

You HAVE to go the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame - it's incredible.
I was there probably 5 years ago and want to go back because they've added so much new stuff and inducted so many more great artists. I think my favorite things were Janis Joplin's Porsche and the handwritten lyrics to "Purple Haze" which were on yellow notebook paper and all crumpled up because Jimi didn't like the lyrics and threw them away. Fortunately, someone persuaded him to keep them. There's something for everyone there. All those wonderful, soulful, sweet 60s bands are there. It takes a full day to see everything. You and Deb should make the road trip!

Lorrie

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Museum

Hi Honeybunch,
You have to go to the Hall of Fame - it is fantastic. It reminds me of the VH-1 Behind the Music show (don't know if you watch that). Just really interesting stuff about all kinds of artists.
Hope you get there soon!
Erica

RE: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Museum

Ya'll are talking about my music too...Trevor, Beatles RULE! I must say I sometimes find it disconcerting to hear my music called "oldies"! (But oldies it is)
Great thread...I'm happy when I can go on vacation with my hubby & walk (fast) 6 or so miles in the sand, or walk up & down (mostly up!) in the mountains for hours.
I'm happy when I can help my hubby bring first a washing machine then a dryer out of our truck, through the living room, down a LONG staircase to the basement & into the laundry room. Or lift an old (read HEAVY)window A/C unit up into a pretty high window. These things impress him!
I'm happy when I can play with my adorable nieces for hours while the other adults sit around smoking & warning the girls, "you're going to wear Aunt Ruth out"! (with a hopeful lilt to their voice) & we just laugh.
I'm really happy at work, where I spend hours on end running, lift 40 lb bags of food with no effort, lift 50 lb. dogs up onto an exam table by myself, lift 150 lb. dogs up onto a surgery table with only 1 other helper. Hold down a 125 lb. Lab while the doctor does an ortho exam (which they do NOT like)& not lose control of the patient. My boss used to practically faint when I did those things (always sure I was going to injure my back), now he says, if you need a really tall person get Kelly, if you need a really strong person, get Ruth or Kelly. Kelly works on a farm for her other job, & wrestles with horses & 2000 lb. steer, so being grouped with her for strength was AWESOME for me!
Rambling on...must go back to work now & use those Cathe muscles!
Ruth :)

RE: Ruth you are AWEsome

Aw, shucks, you got me blushing! :-shy
Coming from you, that's a real compliment!
R.

Yes!

Yes, I've been there but it was when it first opened and from what I've heard it's gotten much better. Hmmmm, that may be a good idea next time Murph comes to town?? Erica, you could join us! It's not that far from your house, is it? I loved the Beatle's growing up. I think "A Hard Day's Night" was one of my favs. Of course, my Mom thought they were ridiculous! That loooong hair! Mild, compared to some of today's Rock Stars! http://www.plaudersmilies.de/party/dance.gif

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I just love the look of sheer disbelief on the bagger's face when he asks if I would like a cart for all the heavy groceries I just bought and I can say with a pleasant smile "no thanks". Sometimes they even say something like "you sure you can get all this?" or "you really gonna carry all that?". I figure it's a sign of strength to be polite so I just say "I'm fine, thank you" and smile sweetly as I grab up all the bags without flinching.

I also love to be fit when I'm with a group of friends and someone says they're sore because they were rearranging and pulled something, then my husband chimes in and says "Why didn't you call her (pointing at me) to help you?!", especially when there are other men in the room, ha! Then, of course, I can lend my friend a good stretching tape to help them work out the pain and remind them to make sure they warm-up thoroughly at their next Tai kwon Do class.

Oh, there's so much more to be said about how wonderful it is to be fit & healthy! What a great thread, thanks for starting it Murph!

How about when your 50 pound 4 year old falls asleep during the laser show at Stone Mountain, GA (we were on vacation) and you have to carry him all the way back to the car because your husband is carrying your 6 year old!

I don't think I could have done this if I wasn't working out with weights regularly. Thank you, Cathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.