husbands?

witneys7

Hello to you all!
I was just watching the preview videos of 4DS and when watching the bootcamp preview I thought of my husband and wondered if there are any husbands, or single men:) here or for all you ladies, do your husband ever join in on your Cathe workouts? I think my dh will totally dig the bootcamp one. I need to get on the ball and order 4ds. What am I waiting for?:)

My SO wouldn't do a Cathe workout if I paid him a million bucks....

He admits that I work out harder than he does (he is purely a "weights guy" at the gym) and that Cathe would kick his butt, but he just would never, ever, ever do a Cathe workout. I wish to god we could be one of those cute couples that does dvd w/o's together :(

My DF does the weight work with me, but has sworn off all of the "jumping" stuff as he calls it.

He did suck it up and do 3 drills from Drill Max with me the other day, but he was NOT happy, and he was huffing and puffing, it was hilarous!

My husband works out with me every single day with Cathe! Now he is doing BBC with me; it is more his speed...they tend to focus more on upper body whereas HE thinks Cathe is more lower body.
Clarissa

My husband won't even think about trying the cardio, but he often does Cathe's weight workouts with me. I started him out with Slow and Heavy because I thought it would help his form, and it really has! We've also done pyramid upper body and a couple of the gym styles together. He hasn't done too much of the 4DS yet, just shoulders, which he liked. I think he will really like the upper body premix.

In general he lifts what Cathe lifts, sometimes heavier, but on some of S&H he has to go lighter than Cathe, which he doesn't like to do, "because she's a girl!"

oh, all your replies gave me a good chuckle :D Guys are so funny with their machoism(is that a word?). Thanks for a good laugh!

My hubby did BC with me. He liked that :) There is no way he would attempt step of any kind. He is so NOT coordinated like that :p

Debbie

I don't want to take a pill. Go to Africa, go follow some bushman around. He's being chased by a lion. That's stress. You're not going to find a pygmy on Paxil, I'll tell you that right now.
-Ellen Degeneres

My husband would definitely not do any of my videos. I don't think he'd even do Barry's Bootcamp with men leading. He occasionally jogs and occasionally picks up weights and pumps a bit, but nothing formal. And yet he's still go big biceps for doing next to nothing. Testosterone, I guess.

We do have a few male members on this forum so there are some more open-minded men out there!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

Oh no way. lol My dh never worksout yet he is tall and thin. He was a runner in high school so I did talk him into running the Army 10 miler w/ me last month. He ran all of maybe 5-6 times before the race and still ran it in 1 hour 13 mins. MEN!

My husband will do Cathe's Boot Camp, kickboxing, and weight workouts. I showed him the blog with the Shock Training System and he got really excited. I'm not really crazy about it myself as I've been toning down the weights but I think I'll buy it just because he's so interested.

Marina

My SO tried a beginning Cathe step workout but I think he got a bit frustrated. he claimed to have done step in hockey training camp but I don't believe him ;-) I was proud of him because I know he is isn't feeling well physically and doesn't suffer from the macho afflictions that many sadly do.

Well, DH has done some Cathe workouts with me (Slow and Heavy, Bootcamp, parts of DrillMax and the Pyramids). He is a strength and conditioning expert and honestly feels that Cathe does not lift heavy enough for him. His goal is hypertrophy and of course that requires lifting heavy with a certain rest time between each set. Cathe is usually more endurance oriented and he is not interested in that. Also he thinks her cardio stuff is too 'dancy'. Oh well! :)

Carolyn

Yes, my husband occasionally joins in! It is very fun when he does because he cannot believe his eyes! :) He WILL NOT do legs with me though...he is scared. :)

My DH and I did P90X together...the long workouts were difficult for him and neither of us got enough rest while on the program, so needless to say, there was a HUGE dread factor with those. I think next time I'll do a halfsies rotation.

But, he said he would like to try Cathe's 4DS Bootcamp workout, which is much more doable for me than Tony's PlyoX (I can do it, but I SERIOUSLY dread it!).

Cathy

I bought my dh BC and S&H for his birthday for something different to do after a P90X rotation. Well, life got in the way of him finishing the X. He's planning on starting another round this winter. But, I doubt he will do any of Cathe's dvds. He feels like doing reps to the beat is too girlish. I think he's just used to lifting to his own tempo like they do in the X. Maybe, he'll change his mind and try them after finishing a round of the X.

DH and I workout together first thing in the morning, in the same room.Whenever I do weights, he will look at what Cathe is doing and do the same excersise, but he does not admit that he is doing one of her videos!:p Cute!
He loves Cathe and all the crew and he thinks i don't notice, but he pays close attention to everything she does or says.

My DH is a sheep. He'll do whatever workout I'm doing, but if I don't workout, he won't either. Since Cathe is my favorite, she must be his too! He seems to enjoy himself anyway.

Tracy

Yes, my husband has. He is doing P90X and I am doing it with him, but he has done Cathe's workouts such as:

Upper/Lower Pyramid
Power Hour
Bootcambp
KPC
Supersets

and a few more. He says Cathe is tough!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.