husbands?

Uhhhhhh . . . . NO ONE is allowed to witness me during my moments of Cathe glory! }( I don't really care if DH or others see me running on the treadmill, but I consider my huffing, puffing, grunting, and making of not-so-pretty faces at Cathe a very private moment! :D Every now and then DH will try to sneak upstairs to "get something out of the spare bedroom" but he knows that this will only incur my wrath! }( }( }(

It's kinda funny, too, because he'll immediately jump up from crunches or drop the dumbbells if I disrupt HIM while he's working out (not that it happens that often, though). I used to try to get him to come running with me, but was kinda glad when he made a face and said no. ;-)

While my husband has the greatest respect for Cathe and what she's done for my fitness level, you would never catch him dead working out to a video--the concept is just too womanish to him.

He's a lift-weights-in-the-garage-listening-to-the-Seahawks-game kind of guy. That and running outside, tae kwon do and hapkido.

Maggie:)

I'm comfortable doing aerobic exercise videos if the moderator/leader is someone like Cathe. Kathy Smith and Petra are nice, Gin is too intense, Denise Austin is too much the "cheerleader", I've never liked "Hanoi Jane", Richard Simmons is just too wacked for me.

Not knocking it but I've never understood lifting weights to videos.

I could never do exercise videos with someone watching, I can't even do exercise classes at a gym. I'm very self conscious about my clumsiness.

As a DH myself, I am in the opposite situation to you ladies. I LOVE working out to Cathe, yet my wife doesn't do Cathe at all. She is more into yoga workouts.

I usually work out alone. I wouldn't mind my DW seeing me doing Kick Max or a weights workout, but my step choreography is the worst in the world. SO I stick with workouts like S&H, Gym Style, KPC, etc.

I don't know why a lot of guys have this macho "I wouldn't do a workout DVD" attitude....I think Cathe would kick their butts!

MuscleGuy

My DH did 4DS BC with me this weekend....he enjoyed it and will do all 4 workouts with me this week. He probably won't the cardio portions, except for BC, though. He thoroughly enjoys treadmill workouts to the music on Cathe's DVDs.

Cathy

My husband does almost all of Cathe's workouts. He started with Mega Step a million years ago (I think he really, really liked the lace bike shorts and thongs!). His first step tape was the orginal step reebok workout.

He does all the step tapes including, RS and BM2. I haven't introduced him to the two new ones yet. We always work on the choreography. After doing previous workouts the new stuff comes easier, but we still break it down. When he was learning BM2 we did the first section over and over until he got it and then just kept adding sections.

His favorites are the new and old BC workouts. We do all of the weight training workouts.

This weekwe are doing:

M - BMX cardio blast and Abs
T - Cardio portion KPC and Butts and Guts
W - BBC upper body (all body parts)with Abs
T - Step Combos - 60 minutes combo(excluding warm-up and cool down)from various workouts
F- KMax/Drill Max Combo - 2 drill max drills/one KMax punching combo/repeat 3 times and abs
S - Muscle Max

We have been working out together, at home, for almost 20 years! He has stayed super fit and nicely "cut". He will be 52 in a couple of months and I am very proud of him.

Anyone who thinks Cathe is a sissy workout really has never tried a complete workout with her. Leo is still afraid every time I tell him that Cathe is producing a new workout.

Sorry so long winded.
Debbie Russo

My DH goes to the gym daily, and lifts and does cardio. For him, gym time is social hour (or two hours), and he can be found next to his friends on the stair stepper, elliptical or bike chatting away (but he does get a great workout - like Cathe he can chat and breath hard!). He does not understand why I would rather hang out in the garage and do videos - you can't talk to anyone that way (unless one counts swearing at the TV "talking to someone). He's the social butterfly of the family.

But, he does admit that I have learned a lot from Cathe and he has had me put together weight rotations for him. I also show him proper form and make him show me that he understands by doing a set.

Trish - my DH is the same. We ran a half marathon last year and this year. He ran maybe 5 or 6 times, never more than 5 miles, and he beat me by 5 minutes both times. The first time I had pay back because he could not walk the next day. This time, even that was denied me. :+

My DH knocks Cathe and says that it's easy (yeah right, he's never done it)! But, my brother has done it, and he thinks that Cathe is a crazy you-know-what. He literally gets so mad that he yells at the TV because it hurts so bad! I sometimes have to stop working out because I am laughing so hard. Cathe gets him on it all: pushups, abs, cardio (he did the new 4DS bootcamp and had to sit down, he thought the suicides were the end and he pushed REALLY hard), and weight work. Needless to say, we have a good time and get a great workout!

>My DH goes to the gym daily, and lifts and does cardio. For
>him, gym time is social hour (or two hours), and he can be
>found next to his friends on the stair stepper, elliptical or
>bike chatting away (but he does get a great workout - like
>Cathe he can chat and breath hard!). He does not understand
>why I would rather hang out in the garage and do videos - you
>can't talk to anyone that way (unless one counts swearing at
>the TV "talking to someone). He's the social butterfly of the
>family.
>
>But, he does admit that I have learned a lot from Cathe and he
>has had me put together weight rotations for him. I also show
>him proper form and make him show me that he understands by
>doing a set.
>
>Trish - my DH is the same. We ran a half marathon last year
>and this year. He ran maybe 5 or 6 times, never more than 5
>miles, and he beat me by 5 minutes both times. The first time
>I had pay back because he could not walk the next day. This
>time, even that was denied me. :+

Hello!! I couldn't help noticing your Avatar!!! Is that a border collie??? I WANT ONE!!!!

Did you know that Border Collies are #1 on the list of the Smartest Dogs?

Well, I have that on my wish list as soon as I go back to work and get rid of my carpet!!! Needless to say, my husband doesn't want me to go back to work!!!
:7

My husband is a trooper! We have a home gym set up in our garage, but it's only big enough for one of us to work out at a time. So in the morning I go out first and do a video, and then he will go out afterwards and do the same one. We've been following Cathe's rotations since July and have both seen some decent improvements (although neither of us are thrilled so far with the 4DS rotation. Too many rest days, and we don't feel like we're being worked nearly hard enough, especially after the S&H rotation last month!). Anyways, he'll do any Cathe video (even the kickboxing ones that he really doesn't enjoy), but good luck trying to get him to do any other step instructor. He particularly despises my other favorite, Christi Taylor. :p

Wow, Debbie,

I am so envy you that you get to enjoy Cathe’s with your DH for these long. I will be dreaming of my DH joining me. I have been working out Cathe's almost 10 years and he has never yet once tried with me.

He knows Cathe very well and knows what she has done for me. He even recommended her to others and yet he never touches it. He does watch her whenever I am working out. At least he is showing it interest and I should be happy for that.
:7 :7

My DH wouldn't ever do a Cathe workout, although he has the up most respect for her and knows she's tough. The other day I was doing an Amy Bento workout and he comes over to the TV asking me "who's that Cathe imposter?" It was kind of cute because sometimes you just don't think they notice.

My husband pronounces her name "caith", like it's a silent "e" and a long "a". (He does it on purpose, just teasing about the way it's spelled.)

My hubby only knows who Cathe is because he sees me dance around with the Cathe workouts I order!:7 :7

'Another one?' Yep babe, another one!:7 :7

>My DH kept calling Cathe "CATHAY" because he thought there
>was an accent over the e or something.

My entire family does too! Sometimes I think they're doing it just to annoy me since I've corrected them a million times, but I'm pretty sure they've just convinced themselves there's some sort of accent over the 'e'!

Ahhhh, the ignorance... ;)

Allison
1.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

DH wasn't enthused at first because, like me, he doesn't like "dancey" workouts. I bought a Kathy Smith video,watched once and gave away. we were doing strictly cardio with a smattering of weights. we were doing hundreds of crunches accomplishing nothing! I recorded a couple shows off FitTV, Bootcamp, Coremax and KPC. I can tell "tough" when I see it. So I bought Coremax for him for christmas last year. Now 1 year later we have about 10 DVD's, all cathe and none dancey, & our fitness level has increased greatly. Cardio is better than nothing but it is nowhere near as balanced as mixing cardio, weight training and agility we get from Cathe. If guys ( and some of us girls) don't like "dancey" there is still plenty to pick from.

We exercise separately mainly due to space although neither of us want to be observed until we get moves "down".

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.