How You Prepare for Filming

Joni O

Cathlete
There's a thread at VF with a lot of speculation about how you guys prepare for filming - workouts, eating, etc. I thought I'd come to the source and just ask you :D

You all look so much more "ripped" than in other videos, and we're all wondering how you got that way (besides having the right genetics, of course). What do you do differently - if anything - to prepare for filming?

And this question isn't just for Cathe - about about the rest of you great-looking background exercisers???

Thanks!

Of course I don't have inside knowledge as to how Cathe and crew trained for these workouts (can't wait to get them!), but I am seriously considering entering a figure competition next spring and I can tell you, the way they look diet played a HUGE role. I know there are some of you out there that disagree, but when preping for a contest or for video shoot, diet is one of the variables, along with the proper amount of cardio and resistance training and, of course genetics. I would assume they "might have been" on a lower carb, higher protein diet. But I don't know for sure. There is no "magic formula" for everyone. What might have worked for Cathe, may not apply to you, me, etc. It's just my 2 cents. :)

I for one am just itching to hear Cathe and or crew's statements on this one.

Please tell us what we are all so eager to hear about, what dietary changes were made? Did any other type of training in addition to the workouts on the new videos go into this (and believe you me just from the pictures and descriptions I've seen of the new vids that would be plenty!!)

Edith

Wonder if they went for pizza with EVERYTHING after the filiming. They deserved it after all the hard work. Laura

Laura, your post made me crack up! If it's genetics, then help us all. It's hard to prepare for a video when you're a stout German with a penchant for butter and mayo. LOL!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-02 AT 03:16PM (Est)[/font][p]Jillybean,

ROFLMBO !!!!! :7

Anna :)

PS: I am just trying to fathom out the 'Lilsista' posting on ASK CATHE !

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-02 AT 03:46PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-02 AT 03:44 PM (Est)[/font]

Hi Joni O! We are actually going to post a little something on each of the cast members letting them share a little bit about themsleves and what kind of things they do to keep fit. We are hoping to have this ready soon.

But I will say that while we all worked hard to get in shape and watched what we ate to some degree, we will be the first to admit that we were no different then anyone else and love to enjoy delicious treats. If you could have seen us the day that Jai (who owns a restaraunt with her husband Dom....both video cast members in Boot Camp) came to one of our rehearsals with a small slice of pumpkin cheesecake freshly made from their restaurant for each of us. We all kind of looked at one another like who's going to eat that but of course it didn't stop any one of us. It was delicious!!! :)

Oooo, Cathe, I feel better now for munching Chocolate ice-cream earlier :).
I can't wait either to read how everyone stays in shape - really looking forward to that :)

Anna

That is so great... gee I think I'll make Pumpkin Cheesecake my new pre-workout snack! Apparently it provides unparalleled workout stamina when eaten just before working out eh? Hee hee. :) I LOVE pumpkin cheesecake and will be making one next week at Thanksgiving. I'm a sucker for the stuff... Anyway, I know you all work super hard (and it shows), but it's really good to hear that you didn't have to completely restrict yourself from any and all goodies. And it's great to have you back on the boards Cathe!

Cathe,
You look amazing! Your abs are awesome! Your cast looks fantastic too. Could you share your regimen as well? Particularly cardio and weights?

Ha ha Lizzie, your post cracked me up! Cathe's post shed some light on the difference between her and I (oh let's face it, there are several); For Cathe, it's a cheat day when she eats a piece of cheesecake. For me, it would be a 'clean eating day' because I stopped at one slice. I keep saying to myself 'someday, I'll do better'. Why can't 'someday' be today? Sorry, just talking to myself while typing.

You said it Jillybean!! Sigh. I work really hard at the exercise bit, but the only times in life I've ever even approached looking as cut as Cathe and crew is when my diet was 99.9 percent on target each and every day, no cheating, no wine with dinner, for weeks on end. For me diet is the key.

I am so gald you have human tendancies! I'd be really disappointed if you didn't at least taste some of that cheesecake!

Eating clean 80% of the time seems realistic and works in our family!

Judy
Live by the golden rule: treat others as yourself :)

Jillybean- it will happen when yu are ready.. and you will be ready, I just know it! Don't beat yourself up!! Your a nice gal and a fitness buddy to many of us :-shy
Judy
Live by the golden rule: treat others as yourself :)

Cathe, thanks for planning to have the case share a bit about themselves. That will be just great!

I'm with you Jillybean (maybe because we are both beans). I do well if I stop at one piece of something. I'm pathetic with food. Exercise has NEVER been a problem - I work out harder than everyone I know (except you guys), yet I've never achieved the ability to eat clean. Life's too short :)

Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.