How much is enough

That sounds about right. I usually eat between 90 and 110. From what I've read .8 to 1 gram per pound of body weight is the usual norm.

Marcy

Calorie King (one of the best sites IMO)says 15-20% of your total calorie intake should be protein.

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

I think this is something you need to experiment with. I see much better results, definition-wise, when I have MUCH more protein than recommended above. I'm more of a 40c/30p/30f girl myself - or, even higher for protein, if I can pull it off (hard not to bonk with a swapped protein / carb ratio - 40p/30c/30f).

To achieve this, I focus on the protein source as the "main event" of the meal, and add sauted veggies to round it out. I don't have ANY highly processed carbs (no white bread, white rice, white pasta, etc.), and make sure the few whole grains I do have are of very high quality. Seems to work really well for me. When I start to feel a bit bonky, I'll just add in a carb or two.

m.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back