HOw do you fit your other instructors into your Cathe rotation?

jharris35

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just curious as to how you incorporate your other favorite dvds with your Cathe dvds. I am trying to follow a rotation but would also like to use my FIT by Tracey and Amy Bento. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Jenn

RE: HOw do you fit your other instructors into your Cat...

Unfortunately, my other instructors are just backup for the days when I am not up to Cathe or feel like I need a change. I know...no help to you at all. :7

Tracey
"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

Jenn -- I love cross-training, so I'll either make substitutions or use a generic rotation (if you're familiar with Cathe's workouts, you can make any rotation she posts generic) and use any workout from that category, which Tracey or Amy could easily fill. For example, a day that's listed as an Imax, you could do High Intensity Step Mix by Tracey. You could use Amy Bento's Bootcamp as a sub for HSC or HSTA or Cathe's Bootcamp, etc. Being familiar with what's in the workouts is key, but it's very doable :)

Carol

Similar to Carol... I actually have all my workouts including premixes logged in Excel. I can sort by duration, TYPE of w/o, series, instructor etc... So if I want a different instructor but it needs to be a circuit for my rotation then I sort by TYPE and there are all my choices. Takes a long to set up if you have a large inventory but so worth it for great cross training & instructor variables.

Currently, I'm on Cathe cool off. I was getting the beginnings of plantar faciitis and needed to lay off the impact. I bought the Project You series by Kathy Smith for a breather and have really seen some good results. I still get my Cathe fix with one tough Cathe workout per week. I have 3 weeks left of the PY rotation and then I hope my feet are well enough to go back to Cathe workouts 3-4 X per week. I really like the PY series, so I'm sure I will save some room for it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.