Horizontal Conditioning?

i believe the VFRocks coupon code only applies to the membership and not the dvds b/c she didn't want to step on mary at totalfitnessdvds toes.....so it's not for the 8 dvds that mary also sells....hope that makes sense:)

Horizontal training

I'm a huge Cathe fan, but I was trying to branch out... Horizontal Training looks like the same caliber as Cathe!! If I had to choose one Horizontal training DVD which one should I buy :)

Thanks for any input!!!

I'm a huge Cathe fan, but I was trying to branch out... Horizontal Training looks like the same caliber as Cathe!! If I had to choose one Horizontal training DVD which one should I buy :)

Thanks for any input!!!

These are challenging and unique. I think which dvd you start with depends upon your upper body and core strength.

If you do not modify for push ups, planks, and stability ball pikes then I'd start with any of the Volumes. Otherwise you might consider starting with "Getting Stronger" and "Get Rolling."

HTH
:D

She looks like she's in good shape, but the clips I previewed looked like they'd get boring fast.
Honestly, no music on one , and others sounded like there may have been a CD player off in the distance.
Many of the moves she is doing are on Cathe DVDs , but Cathe uses good form.
I don't have any of these but from the clips they don't look so great.

She looks like she's in good shape, but the clips I previewed looked like they'd get boring fast.
Honestly, no music on one , and others sounded like there may have been a CD player off in the distance.
Many of the moves she is doing are on Cathe DVDs , but Cathe uses good form.
I don't have any of these but from the clips they don't look so great.

Well of course no one can compare to Cathe! LOL She sets the curve after all!:D;)

Seriously, though, these workouts aren't boring at all. I've done all the volumes 1-4 (don't have the beginner ones) and the moves are very unique and challenging. I don't have anything else like it in my collection. Sandra is a great instructor and her form is wonderful. The music is actually pretty good, imo, but I'm not one to be super picky about that. I didn't get the "Get Rolling" one because of the lack of music, though...I thought that was odd. I'm finding HC to be quite addictive and nice to have in my workout collection!:cool:

I've been doing HC for about a month now. The first three weeks I rotated through the "Getting" wos doing them 3 x week. I've done VOl 1 twice. Today I did Cardio Supersets with Cathe and was able to do ALL the plank work and pushups on my toes AND all the reps. Now this might not seem like much to some of you but it is to me. ;) My goal this summer is to increase my upper body/core strength and I think HC is definitely helping with this. :D

I have Hardcore Conditioning Bootcamp, and it is one tough workout! It alternates a variety of plank/push-up moves with cardio plyo moves. I have ordered two of the volumes because I love this type of workout. The production quality is okay, not great, but the moves are truly unique. I don't think any workout will ever knock Cathe's Hiit (esp. 40/20), HSTA, or Imax3 (or Bodymax 2 etc) out of my fave spots, but HC are a great addition to my workout repertoire. I will say there is some dread factor because the arms and shoulders get really fatigued, but almost all my favorite workouts have at least one move that I can't wait to be done with!

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a video from Horizontal Conditioning that really targets the lower abs?

I own Vol 4 and it took a couple days to experience the DOMS but it really felt like wearing a tight corset around my rib cage. I am in amazement:)

Was considering Vol. 3 but am open to suggestions...

(on 2nd round of STS (love it) along with alternating other great Cathe video's.)

Thanks in advance!!!

I just ordered HC2. I decided not to get HC1 because I don't have a body bar (even after all these years) and did not want to get one. Also, Volume 2 just looked like a better fit for me.

Super excited to do this one!

Anyone still doing the Horizontal Conditioning? If so please tell me about your results?

Thanks,
Sherry

I did HC for a year 2 times per week and had the best arm and ab definition i've ever had. I got burnt out so I put them aside for the past 6 months and now i'm trying to incorporate them back in again as nothing else gives me the results that HC does.

Kariev, Thanks for your reply. I have ordered the getting started DVD. Looking for something different to start the new year. Wish Cathe would come out with something similar.

Happy New Year!
Sherry

Kariev, Thanks for your reply. I have ordered the getting started DVD. Looking for something different to start the new year. Wish Cathe would come out with something similar.

Happy New Year!
Sherry

I hope you like them Sherry. They are tough so just take breaks when you need too. I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Hi Sherry! I'm still doing and loving these also. Like Kariev said, I have found NO other equivalent when it comes to results for my core (strength and aesthetics). I do like my upper body when I do these a lot, too but I also like kettlebells and strength training for upper body. I like to mix it up. For the core, though...nothing else compares.

I take breaks every now and then to rest my shoulders (really intensive on the front delts) and for the month of December my left elbow was bothering me with push ups so I took a break. However, if I take more than a month I lose my core strength noticeably, so I'm back to incorporating these at least once a week. When I don't have time for a volume or Hardcore club workout I'll often try to combine a 101 club dvd with a 30 minute cardio workout (which is what I am planning to do as I embark on STS in January :D).

I do think it's important to balance out the shoulder joint with these so I try to do other stuff to focus on the rear delts and upper back. I started doing the shoulder exercise that Natty posted awhile back by Elliot Hulse, plus other rear delt work. HTH!

I did HC for a year 2 times per week and had the best arm and ab definition i've ever had. I got burnt out so I put them aside for the past 6 months and now i'm trying to incorporate them back in again as nothing else gives me the results that HC does.

Same here. I did them twice a week, doing cathe cardio and one total body cathe workout the other days of the week. It's given a very nice shape to my core and arms, which I like because my arms bulk easily from other weight work Ready to hit them again in the new year. :)

I want to start doing HC as well but have the same problem as the previous poster-I have no idea how to get it in a rotation and get the adequate rest needed. I'm thinking about starting STS or XTrain in a couple weeks. Any suggestions? Thanks!

AngelaRB & kblvr, I'm with you! I'm not sure how I'm going to mix HC into my rotation yet. I'm thinking about adding HC onto my Cardio days and still doing a Total Body one day a week. I also Love doing Travis Eliot Yoga. I am going to try and keep yoga in my rotation twice a week.

I am anxious to get the "Getting started" DVD so I can see what I am getting myself into. :D

I hope Yoga & HC can be used together.

Sherry.

I have 5 horizontal conditioning workouts...and I have not done them for about 3 months...and this is why...

I am an advanced exerciser, not advanced as some, more advanced than others...I regularly complete Cathe's advanced cardio and weight workouts...I have and do about 95% of her workouts... I can do at least 50 push-ups at a time...with short rests in between...run 4 miles at a shot...you get the picture....however, I found these workouts the most challenging and discouraging workouts....I should also say I am not overweight, even though I would like to lose 10 more pounds....

I have simply had to set these aside because for me, the expectation and difficulty was just wayyy too high...I have steadily worked out now for three years after taking a few years off, having done Cathe since 2004...

I have one of the starting workouts and that one is ok...but even after working it for awhile the regular ones are really just ridiculous in my opinion, in terms of difficulty...I am no slouch when it comes to fitness, and yeah, I could be better, who could not? But give me a break...I just got fed up with the insanity of them. I simply had to do this in order to protect myself from giving up working out altogether! I am not a giver-upper, and am consistent with my workouts of at least 5 times a week... I simply just had it....so just consider yourself warned!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.