Hoppin babies and their hot mommas! 4/4-4/10

Susan, the first thing I am doing when I get back from running my 1/2 marathon is ordering up a pair of bowflex adjustable dumbbells. Speaking of which,....have you found that vender Christine? The cheapest I found is $369 for a new pair on Ebay.

Jen, thanks for the compliment. I took a bunch of pics quickly. I haven't really edited them yet.

I'm off to put some more cold weather clothes away. I had to take some Imodium again. :eek: Got the runners from my run today. :eek:

Hi Ladies
I laid down when I put K down for a nap and I was out like a light! I am just not feeling good...not bad..but Im just not myself. I am having some coffee now hoping to perk up some! I feel like the aftermath of a major stomach but..that feeling.
Pricalla-thanks for your thoughts on Chalene. I will keep it up and do cardio of some sort after each workout. When I get in school I think I will like the shorter workouts. Oh and girl..you look 25...had no idea you were 35!
Kendra-thanks to you also for your opinon on clx. I saw major results just from meso 1 but thought I would give clx a try. I am going to stick with it though and see what I get!
Melanie-love the pic of M&M!
Jen-I will report daily about my clx workouts for ya. I am like you..I like to be standing in a pool of sweat after a workout!
Christine-I think you are right..I did not go heavy enough...I never really got to failure byt the 12th rep...I will up it!
Allison-hey! I made the chicken cheese enchiladas for dinner last night...it was a hit.
eats so far
protein pancake, clementies
spinach /bean dip, seed crackers
broccoli soup, piece of ww french bread, fudigle

Melanie-thanks for the link. That is cheap. My stepsons are 21 & 13. My children are 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, & 2 1/2 weeks. They were not planned in a pattern like that. I often wonder how long it will continue.

THanks Melane-I don't have any Amy's,,yet!
Kendra-holy moly...are you totally exhausted all the time?? I think large families are awesome! My neighbor as a kid had 6 siblings and there was something going on over there all the time. I love a noisey house!

Kendra- you are a real warrior, wow. yo uhave been through a lot. How on earth do you juggle all the kids and everythign! wow!
Susan- increase the weight. Once I went REAL heavy I coudl barely do 10 reps and in the later cycles, could barely do 6. I LOVE hwo my body looks from teh heavy weight and i do enjoy a shorter workout when I have an audience of gremlins.
So, got in 9.5 miles runnign, insanity and most of insanity cardio abs, john ended up freaking out.
I am waiting for a UPS delivery, before I send out the op! Should be in the mail by friday!
I am going to crawl in bed with the kids for family nap.
So far today:
1 caffeine water
string cheese
2 pears
1 apple
grapes
1 promax bar
1 cup mac and cheese
10 jelly beans
1 banana
dinner is probably chicken with spinach, barley and nuts. I am out of pistachios, so i was thinking of roasting some pecans. Mmmm.
So tired. Snuggle time!

Susan- I hope you are feeling more like yourself. I am making the chicken enchalidas for the second time tonight to have later in the week. They are so yum and so easy to prepare ahead and pop in oven when I get home. I'm also making a bbq chicken pizza sometime this week. Should be yum! Will post recipe if its good. Got the PM also and I will look it over. Thanks!

Christine- I plan on making the carbonara recipe this week too. Maybe tonight to have for tomorrow. I don't like to get off work, workout, then cook. I like my food ready for me after work. Yay for OP! You rock! I hope you know how much we appreciate it!

DH's cousin is over visiting from MI (but staying at the beach ;)) so we are having pizza and I think I will treat myself to a beer again.

Eats for today are:
S: Half protein shake
B: egg beaters, ww eng muffin, coffee
S: half ww bagel w lightly sprayed butter, other half protein shake, banana
L: 1/2 turkey, rb, and ham sub on ww bread w veggies and prov cheese from publix (other half is for tomorrows lunch)
S: Handful of cranberry nut mix and apple
D: PIZZA! But I'll try to be good. :p

Have a great night! Don't know if I will be back with visitors at the house!

Hi!
snack was odawalla bar, clementine
I MUST get to grocery for more fruit
Dinner will be pork chop, sweet pot and brocolli

Chrisine-pecans are my fav! Have a nice snuggle time!
Jen-I love bbq pizza! Lately I have been using half a ww pita for my pizza crust. I get the whole ones and cut in 2 big circles..works good.
squirmy baby..bb

I hear you, Jen. I do not know how you can come home and do so much at the end of the day. I start to come unravelled at the end of the day. I make the carbonara on the weekend, when DH can help more with the kids. IT is so good. I can post a more traditional carbonara, but that one is superb.
Susan- I suck. I forgot to tell you I am so sorry about tummy troubles. Those are the worst. Get well! I was just online and found a barley brocolli soup. I am goign to try it and if good, will post it!
priscilla- got yoru pm, do not worry, i already had you in the project! Just trying to streamline everything so that nothign gets forgotten. Since I suck at spelling, i have to shine somewhere!
Nice nap but john woke up screaming and farting after an hour. IT really is repulsive. I live in the trenches with these men. My boys fart loud enough, that I have to ask if it was a child or DH. And (TMI) Jimmy poops bigger than me. I am amazed. Freud would have a field day with me.
So, DH is grouchy. Got to cheer him up. WITH PROTECTION. Tee hee.
Tomorrow is the last good day here. Thursdya both kids get shots, which means I have to be on high alert for bleeds, as well. Friday, BIL and SIL come. I wish I could bottle up SIL and send her on email, you would all cringe. She is particularily dim in the intelligence department, as well and rasises her kids on the philosophy that knowledge is not needed. I happen to think you can never give your kids enough knowledge or love in life. Yikes. And she wears a lot of perfume. ANd she has remarkably large teeth, little bit like a bunny rabbit?

B: Kashi w/skim milk
S: 2-lactation muffins, 1/2 Mt Dew
L; 1/2 WW oat flaxbread cajun turkey sandwich w/spinish,horseradish mustard & low fat cheese, diet pop
S: fiberbar, grapes, diet pop
D: 1/5 cups Veggie Bean Chili, choco milk (love this) will attatch recipe
S: cottage cheese

**This is second time I made this recipe and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I change it around a little. I sauted the ground turkey with onion & garlic then threw all veggies & beans in crockpot on low all day

Bean and Vegetable Chili

3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 pound ground beef, pork, turkey, or chicken
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 small eggplants, cubed
1 medium zucchini, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, quartered
1 fresh or dried hot chile, seeded and minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 cup canned tomato, seeded and chopped (I use Mexican tomatoes w/chili)
4 cups canned kidney beans, liquid reserved (I use 2cans blk beans, 1 corn, 1 kidney beans)
Vegetable stock as needed (not needed b/c I reserve all bean liquid)
Fresh cilantro for garnish (FAVORITE spice)

Heat the oil in a large pot over medium; add the meat, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned. Remove meat from pan and drain off all but three tablespoons of fat.

Heat the pan over medium-high. Add the onion and garlic; cook for about a minute. Add the vegetables; cook for 10 minutes or until they start to caramelize and dry out.

Add the seasonings and stir, then add the tomatoes and beans with enough of their liquid to submerge everything (use the stock if there isn't enough). Bring the mixture to a boil and cook about 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro. Serves six.

CALORIES PER SERVING: 385
CARBS: 56 G
PROTEIN: 28 G
FAT: 5 G
ZINC: 36% DV

Last edited:
Just stopping in to say a super quick hello. It's probably good I haven't been around--I'm getting super crabby, having not worked out since Saturday, and my next chance will be tomorrow. Reese has been sleepin well at night, which is usually when I catch up on reading, so I was only able to do a quick skim of the posts
Melan ie-your run is getting so close--I'm sure it will go great!
Christine-I'll b thinking of you and John tomorrow with your appt. Such a descriptive picture of the in law! Good luck! Mine are now gone, which is a good thing.
susan-hope you are feeling back to normal
Kendra-woah! You have your hands beyond full!
Jen-I need to try those enchiladas sometime. I'm always up for simple recipes
Hi Priscilla and Allison

gotta run. Time to get 2 kids off to day care for the first time. I swear gettingready for work in the morning is more stressful than work itself!

Good morning ladies! Visit with cousin in law was nice and pizza was YUM! But I felt like a beached whale with all the sodium! YUCK! Oh well....Christine, which Insanity is on tap for today? I am hoping I will have the energy for it tonight. I seem to have higher energy in the evening since the time change, that is how I get everything done. I don't like rushing around in the morning.

Lisa- I'm sorry your AM's are stressful now. Hopefully you will find a groove soon and it will go smoother.

Melanie- Your chili is similiar to one I made awhile back that I just threw together. It's starting to get too warm here in Florida for it now. Stinks cause I love chili.

Christine- I'll be thinking of you Thurs when the boys get their shots. Good job turning DH's frown upside down. ;)

Morning Susan, Allison, Kendra and Priscila!! BBL! I have a busy morning at work!

Twins are going thru another grow spurt. No joking, I was up for HOURLY feeds throughout the night. DH did such a marvelous job. This is why I sleep on the couch (so I get more sleep). He changes them and brings them to me ready to eat (will even help latch them on)......while I barely wake up for the event. He then will take the well-fed baby back to bed with him. It's so dysfunctional but it optimizes our sleep duration.

My weight is back to 134lbs, which is fine with me. I think I might be a bit dehydrated & retaining fluid past couple days. My fingers are puffy & I haven't been drinking as much water as I should be. So easily we jump off the train, eh? Time to get back on the water train! Must stay focused!

Those darn "lactation" muffins & cookies get me into trouble. There's chocolate in them & I find myself "craving" them. They do bring up the milk production but I find myself "fighting" to eat well all day. I'll finish these batch & then try just the supplemental tablets to keep clean eatings in line.

Christine~ I will be praying that shots go well this week. Are these four month shots? I'm trying to remember, I thought our kiddos were born around the same time? No....ours were DUE the same day?...and Jen & I have babies born same time. I think that's it. Anyhew, I know this is stressful...but you are brave (and so is Jimmy)...you'll do great!

Jen~ I eat chili year around. It's been close to 60 degrees here in the warmth of the day. That soup is outstanding & so darn healthy. Its from Runner's World....from Athelete's Palate Cookbook (which I just ordered). Can't wait to see what other yummy recipes are in that book!

Lisa~ I hear you about getting ready. It takes FOREVER for me to get five kids ready for church (which I am normally late for)....but it does get easier with practice. I'm praying for you today that things will go smoothly.

Whew! I got chatty this AM. :eek: I have a 5 mile run on tap with my running pal. She wants to make me something to eat after our run. :eek::eek: i'm kinda nervous b/c I don't eat like other people, do you know what I mean? She says she wants to make waffles and right away I'm thinking in my head, "I hope it's made with wholegrains". :confused::confused::confused: How did I become such a dork? :eek: I will be a good friend, and eat whatever she makes....then come home and barf it up. ROTFL Just kidding, folks. ROTFL

Hi Susan, Precila, Allison & Kendra!

Melanie- I am totally laughing about the eating thing. I was just talking to DH at work asking what on earth we will feed the in laws. I mean my four year old asks for barley and brocolli. His brother eats meat and potatoes and corona. I have to figure out some meals that will make us all happy! Tell your friend that waffles make you sick, becuase they remind you of fenugreek (that awful maple thing). Hope you have a great run! I am registering for a half in may, it is a trail run and is close to the house, so it shoudl be a great time! I cannot wait to see pictures of you at the finish!
Lisa- Someone once told me two kids is easier than one, I am sure that person must have been drunk. I am in a routine now, but it is so hard! Getting beds made, meals packed, kids dresses, diapers changed, bottles, dishes, goodness. I would think work would be a delight after all that! Hope that you get some good workouts in this weekend so that you feel better.
Jen- So I did Max Cardio and cardio abs yesterday. I think that today I will do circuit challenge, it has lots of pushups. And then some cardio abs!
Priscilla and Kendra- Hi!!!!
Susan - Heading to costco today, Jimmmy asked to get clementines, so will be thinking of you! BTW, We really miss you. I need my kegel reminders!
John has been up hourly at night lately, he must be growing. He may be growing bigger, but I am growing horns I am so tired. mel, we were due at the same time but the girls were indeed born at the same time as Jen's James... These are 4 month shots tomorrow and 4 year old ones for jimmy. I will be able to wrestle alligators after taking two kids for shots on teh same day. I just hope JOhn does not bleed.
Today is a 7 mile run, insanity, weights, abs. Costco, and hopefully a nap with my kiddos.
Waves!

Melanie- Don't worry, that is how I have been keeping my weight down since I found out how many pounds I can lose with barfing twice a day. :p For real though, I totally understand about eating with other people. My friends from work CONSTANTLY want to get together and go out to eat and I DREAD it although I love spending the time with them. Your DH sounds like he is a big help and that is great that you guys have found a system that works. :D Guess we won't be so hard on him for you sleeping on the couch. ;)

Christine-Ok so circuit challenge/cardio abs it is. My lower body is fried so I could use the upper body work today. I'm excited to do another Insanity. Hopefully J lets me cause DH will be at work.

Hi Susan! Hope you got a good sweaty workout in!

sorry I am awol...I have been doing some business ;)
Was off day for Chalene so I did a sweaty treadmill wo.
I will be back in a bit

Susan! You are quite the nymphomaniac!! Oh how I miss my sexlife, sometimes. Most of the time I'm content just working out & being with my wonderful kiddos though. :p Someday, I will once again enjoy sex. This is just a "season".

Workout complete. I did 4 miles with my buddy. I felt weak, was scheduled just 3 miles...so I guess I can't be that hard on myself, I did about 75 crunches afterwards and did some stretches (I am incredibly tight). I decided to wait on BBL until after my race b/c I don't want my legs to be sore for my 1/2 marathon. :p I'm such a wimp!!!

My bread turned out! Yeah! Found a wholewheat oat flaxseed brewer's yeast recipe that works perfectly in my maker. I am so proud of myself b/c I tweaked a receipe myself! Yeah!

Lisa~ thinking about you & praying for smooth sales at Macy's!!!

Kendra~ how are the troops today? I stalked your facebook yesterday....beautiful family!! Tell us about your workouts. Are you nursing? Are you SAHM?

Precila~ how's rotation going? Finding some gains?

Jen~ is all your strength back? I love your barfing comment. Oh, and I didn't eat there. It's so nice having babies....I told them it was their nursing time (it really was). I could tell I kinda hurt her feelings though. In a way, I'm proud of my twisted eating.

Christine~ how's your Cotsco trip? Is Cotsco like Sam's Club? I love clementines (and think of Susan too)....we don't have either super close....but when I go to St Cloud (for dr appts & such) we stop at Sam's Club and stock up on coffeemate, peanut butter, frozen veggies, laundry soap...and all that stuff.

Alrighty, off to eat my asparagus!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.