Hoppin babies and their hot mommas! 4/4-4/10

HI Ladies!
Our internet is finally up and running. Its 9 and I think K is waking up..yep! I will get her back to sleep and either catch up tonight or in the morning. I am staring Chalean tomorrow!

Welcome back, Susan! Can't wait to see what you think of CharLEAN! I'll be ready to start in about a month.

Christine, glad your tests came back negative. Yeah to operation almost complete. I'm excited! Work went well, I got tired about 5pm (my shift is 8-6pm)...but I was naughty and took a caffeine tablet and now I"m still awake. :eek:

I just made Jory a dozen deviled eggs (his favorite). He's such a good kid, I can't believe he's going to be SIXTEEN on Friday already. Amazing!

I"m off to purchase a couple of things for my bread machine (a bread knife & measuring cups).

See ya'll tomorrow!

Morning!
Dont feel too perky today. Had stomach pains all night and awoke to diareah...probably just all the crap I ate over the weekend. I will try my best to workout during K's afternoon nap.
Melanie-are you liking BBL? I actaully saw the infomercial this morning and thinking about getting it.
Is there any other program that looks good that everyone wants? I can get in the operation business myself!
I still havnet read all the posts through. I will have to start fresh I think...so if I asked things that have already been answered ..sorry! Actually I think I will go read some now...bbs

Jen- You're making me want Insanity even more.I ordered it yesterday.can't wait for it to get here.
Christine- I'm sure you're relived to have the blood work back. You must really be working out hard. BTW, your family is beautiful.

Luprisi- Hi!:D What is your name?

Welcome back Susan, we missed you so much! Don't worry about starting fresh, I do it all the time. In the rare incidences where I can catch up I do...but I think that's happened only once. I've only done one day of BBL so far...so can't comment on it (I enjoyed the first one).

Jen, I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment yesterday about my pg with the twins. I had so many people praying all over the country for these girls....and I TOTALLY felt it. I will never unestimate the power of prayer b/c I lived it. There's noway we woulda made it thru that pg without people like you lifting us up Above. THANK YOU so very much. :D They honestly are the best thing that has ever happened to me....I know that sounds harsh having three other children, but I worked so hard for these girls....the boys came easier. LOL I just *love**love**love**love* being a mommy!!!!

I have 6 miles of tempo on tap today + BBL. Tomorrow I get together with my running buddy for 5 mile run. I was wide awake this AM at430, just excited about my run. LOL I am such a dork! :p :p :eek:

Krillie~ you snuck in on me. I hope you like Insanity. Christine is a workout machine!

I'm also on facebook: Melanie Gapen Monnie, I think we're all over there. :)

Kendra- Yay for ordering Insanity! I'm excited for you to get it and see what you think! Then we can all do one together! If you like challenging, that it sure is!

Melanie- Aww shucks, about the comment. It's nothing I didn't mean. :eek: Don't you just love that excited feeling of working out?

Susan- I hope you don't get the stomach crap I had. Hope you feel better and get a workout in. Glad to have you back!

Woke up early and did Meso Disc 8 Legs. From Insanity Plyo last night and Legs this AM my poor legs are fried! YAY! I haven't worked them in two weeks so they needed it. Nice thing happened this AM, put on my work pants and they feel huge! Probably still from being sick but hey, every little bit helps!

Off to a quick meeting! BBL for more personals and talk about Insanity! :p

Hi all! Susan, mised you!
Yes, the blood test was a relief. I am perplexed, I mena I am fit, but no freak of nature anorexic jari Love! I think that with the stress of John, working out, getting no sleep, my body is just not interested in reproduction! Okay! I bit my nails all day yesterday waiting. Phew....
Susan- I have been working on an operation all weekend, and assumed you would like it too. Send me your address on FB, not here, I never check this thing. Jen, I need yours again. I have finished, just need to check that they all work. Lisa, need yours too.
I have not done as many of the workouts as I have wanted to yet, but LOVE them. I am enjoying branching out. I love Cathe, but have not enjoyed the latest videos, and like changing it up every now and then so that I can keep my IMAX dvds my favorites! My plan for taoday is an 8.5 mile run, insanity cardio max, and some cardio abs... John was up all darn night, so maybe he will nap today so I can work out. I feel chubby. In my waiting for the pregnancy results, a bag of mini twix attacked me out of nowhere. I was a hostage. So, Lisa, those pounds you lost, I have them!
My brother and sister in law come this weekend. My sister in law kind of makes me want to do shots of vodka. We are SO different. She means well, but I am anxious. She hates exercise, sweat, the outdoors, cooking, and she is a kind of questionable parent... Oh well. I love my BIL and the kids love them, so I will suck it up.
Kendra- I need to introduce myself... I think you got the idea from FB (thank you for the compliment on my family, BTW). I am 34 and have a four year old and a four month old. My son john (baby) was born with a serious condition called severe hemophilia, you may here me complain about it at times (liek thursday when we have to get him and the four year old shots). My husband and I moved to the san francisco area right before I delivered, ffrom southern california. I grew up all over the place, california, colorado, mexico ciry, north carolina, georgia, chicago. Went to school and got my degree at Wake Forest in NC. I suck at typing, never proofread. I love cooking and am known to speak my mind! Welcome to the group. Got to get the kids fed.
Lisa- YAY on making through day one! Proud of you!

Melanie- No, you do not want amenhorrea! I want it to go away, it leads to osteoporosis! I think you are perfect the way that you are!

Christine, I have lactation-induced amenorrhea and hope to have it at least until November. :D I don't think I will ever have exercise-induced though...as thin as I was in high school, it never happened. I was such a tomboy ...lettering in soccer, basketball, volleyball, gymnastics and softball. The only sport I really stuck to throughout school was gymnastics and I was rail thin. I never knew what crosscountry was, but I know I woulda loved it. I was in track too, periodically, but didn't letter in it.

I love the way Christine introduced herself.

Kendra, I think we've been pg before together? your name sounds familiar and it's not a common one. To re-cap: I am a mom to 5: 3 boys (16,6,4) and my twin girls (4 mos). I've been married 18 years & have been a pharmacist for 8 years. I am a cardio-junkie but aspire to do CharLEAN in a few short weeks. I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon!!!

My last pregnancy was really tough (the twins). I bleed my entire first trimester, and had severe low platelets. I was on bedrest for nearly three months in the hospital and had almost 30 bags of blood transfused during my csection. They are my miracle babies! :)

Hi
I just got done with Burn Circuit 1. It was ok..I don't feel too worked out thought..it just wasnt long enough and not enough exercises for the groups worked. I will finish CLX though...I may end up loving it!
My tummy is better..I just need to take care of it and eat good nourishing food! K is sleeping ok..she still nurses at least once a night around 1..and on most night at 5 too. She is really changing and growing..so darn funny!
Jen-sorry you have been sick! And good for you for finishing Meso1
Melanie-wow you were the athelte girl! No wonder you rock the workouts now.
Christine-you are so sweet for doing an operation for me too! I will message you on FB
Kendra-look forward to gettingto know you
Lisa-hope your day goes weel
Pricalla-have you gotten good results from Chalene???
K is stirring. I am hoping to catch up big time this afternoon.

Glad to hear that you're not pregnant Christine, but then again, I never thought you were. Love your introduction to Kendra. Cheeky.... Don't care much for my SIL either. She is bad person though. When I get around her, negativity just pours off of her and I don't like that. I agree about Cathe too. I love going back to her because she seems fresh to me. Never bought the STS Shock Cardio because of different reviews I've read. Am hoping for a Butts and Gutts 2 though after her survey on FB.

Lisa- Yay for the scale moving down! So happy that you made it through your first day. It will get easier, I promise! We are here!

Melanie- You were quite the athlete momma! It kinda speaks for who you are now though too. Always busy and dabbling in everything. :D

Susan- Can you keep giving your feedback on Charlean? I worried that it wasn't intense enough for me when I previewed it. If I don't fall over, shake or burn after a workout then I figure I wasted my time.

Jen- I'm not Susan but I thought I'd add my $.02. Hope you don't mind. To me Chalene Extreme is not that intense. I did it for most of my pregnancy. When I was about 7 months along I decided it was too easy so I sold it. There was a couple of workouts I liked intervals. But like I said I did it for months never saw any muscle tone or anything. I switched to the Gym Style DVDs and saw results immediately.
melanie- I'm not sure are you on any other forums. I used to visit large family forums a lot.

Christine- Your intro. reminds me that I haven't really told you all much about me. To make a really long story short. I am 32. I have 7 children and 2 stepsons. In my previous life I homeschooled my children. I was married for 12 years to the father of the first 6 children. He was killed in auto accident 2 years ago. My new husband Terry I have know most of my life. He has been the greatest blessing to me and my children. We have been married 1 year. And baby Jacob was an unexpected bonus. We all love him so much. My children are now in public school and life is completely different from what it was. 2 years ago when my late husband passed I weighed 210 lbs. I now weigh 135 lbs. That is such a huge accomplish for me as I have struggled for a long time with my weigh. I'm proud of myself for keeping the weight of through this last pregnancy.

Good Morning ladies,

Just enjoying my day off. I'll go to the mall this afternoon to get some tops.

Susan, glad to see you back here. I too find CLX short since I'm used to Cathes but if you go heavy enough you'll be sore for sure, then Burn Intervals will cause some more soreness to the already fatigued muscle. The heaviest I have lifted is a pair of 15# for lower body in Push phase (no compound moves). This is my 7th week snd I can see nice muscles on my arms, not so much on my lower body. I have lost 5-6 pounds. I started at 145 and I'm at 139 with 26% body fat. Still high but working on it. Ahh, I do cardio too sfter every circuit. Give it a try.

Christine, I live in Dallas area. We moved about 16 months ago. i'd be nice to get to know you if you ever come to visit your parents. Ah, I use Asics shoes for everything. They have the gel on the back and I got some inserts for them too (bought them at sports authority) but they are not custom made. I use them for aerobis too. I have to check those brans you recommended. I'm glad your test was negative, what a relieve!

Kendra, my name is Priscila, I'm 35 y/o and a mother of a 4 month old baby boy (Daniel). I am also in FB, I'll send you a PM

Melanie, I'm glad you're determined to do BBL. I know you're an cardio junkie but you may want to add a full body weight workout at least once a week. That may be the trick to decrease body fat since it changes your body composition. Mine is still pretty high, but I think I can afford to lose 10 more pounds without looking too thin. Just a thought ;)

Jen, you came back from that sickness with an awesome high energy level. That's great. I put on my nice jeans yesterday and they looked good on me. Not big but they fit YEAHHH

Lisa, congrats on losing 4 pounds this week, that's GREAT. You deserve it, worked hard and it was time! Which minivan did you get?

Allison, how is everything?

Off to workout and then to the mall, be back later

Kendra, we posted at the same time. What a touching story and congratulation on your weight loss success. I have the Gym styles but never done a rotation with them, you make me want to give it a try after CLX. i know that Jen also loves them.
Ah, In FB I'm Priscila Moreyra.

whew, you were chatty while I ran, will read up when we get back from park. Real quick, susan, I felt that way at first too, try much heavier weight. her program only works rela heavy adn it was hard for me to do that at first. ok, late late late to the park!

Melanie-I have 2 children that are the same age as yours. Rachel is 4, born 11-23-05 and Katelyn is 6, born 1-9-04. Were you on pregnancy.org?

Just got done with six mile run. Felt good. :)

Kendra, how old are your children? I"m sorry to hear about your life challenges...you sound like a strong woman! Congrats on your weight loss! You rock!

Attachments

• Bunnies.jpg
    Bunnies.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 15
Kendra- Thanks for your input! I don't mind at all. You will learn quickly that we are a welcoming bunch and value each others opinions on workouts greatly so please, don't hold back! You should hear what Christine says about Jari Love. ;);) Thank you for sharing your story with us. I think it is so wonderful that you found love and support again so quickly and I am so sorry about your late husband's passing. You must be an incredibly strong woman to have endured. Congrats on the weight loss too!

Priscila- My recommendation is to have two different style shoes. One you use for strictly running and that's it. And then another pair for Insanity/aerobics etc. Like Christine says, each one has different support. Have fun buying new tops!!! That's always fun!

I'll definitely give Charlean a try after STS. Maybe by then DH will have surprised me with the Bowflex weights and I can go much heavier! :p

Mel- Picture of the girls is awesome! They will appreciate all your photography skills when they are much older! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.