HoneyBunch---Tell me about Charlene

suzannaerin

Cathlete
Hi 'Bunch - Can you tell me about Charlene Prickett's workouts, please? Do you really find the intensity level up there? Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Suzanne

HI Suzanne--

Obviously, I am not Honeybunch, but I have a couple of Charlene's tapes.. her strength tape and also a step tape.

Based on the two tapes I have, they are nowhere near the intensity of Cathe's tapes. I would say they would fit in the moderate level of intensity. I do like Charlene though. She is pretty down to earth, and seems to be a genuinely nice person.

Also, her choreography and cueing is pretty good.. nothing fancy or hard to get.

If you are looking for a low key workout, she would be a good bet.

Good Luck!

Lynn

I remember when Charlene used to be on the Lifetime Channel. She had an exercise show on every weekday at about 6:30. I used to watch it while I got ready for work. I was so dissapointed when they quit showing it. I do like her but have never done any of her tapes.

p.s. does anyone remember Cynthia Kerluck or something like that? She had an exercise show too on the same channel and was in awsome shape.

Madonna

I have four of her tapes now, but have only used Start Your Engines so far, which is a HiLo tape. Her work is low impact, but surprisingly high intensity, and I feel I get a very adequate workout from it.

As with any tape, you'll get the most out of it if you give it your all and use "strong" arms, and pay attention to your form...no "whimpy" moves. She has a move she calls "big knees," which is simply alternating side knee raises in a lateral movement while pulling your arms down. If you get this tape, she has two background exercisers, so try to follow the chick on Charlene's left, who is "Chris," I believe.

It's a great temptation to do only high impact, and I'd do it if I didn't know I'd wear out my joints and get way too tired, so that's where Charlene and my Airdyne bike come in.

Just Do It! :)

I agree with HoneyBunch about Charlene's workouts being surprisingly high intensity. Her workouts, are low impact but really get my heart pumping, and I am always so amazed by this at the end of my workout! Charlene has taught me that you don't have to be pounding your joints to get a good cardio workout! Using big movements with both your arms and your legs can raise your heart rate just as high as high impact workouts. So I "crosstrain" with both high impact like Cathe and low impact with Charlene.
My favorites are: Start Your Engines
Low Impact, High Intensity
Get The Fat Off
Oxygen In, Calories Out

*And an oldie that is high impact/high intensity of Charlene's is "Rev It Up, The Sequel" and that thing is like 60 minutes of Cathe's MIC hi/lo section! B-R-U-T-A-L!

Donna
Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

thanks for the input, Ladies! I want to give these old knees a rest every so often (hey HB, I just got a recumbent bike, too!!). suzanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.