Hiking...

wendyloo

Cathlete
...didn't happen today :-( , it turned out to be warmer than it had been all the way through the week, when I was working. Of course! Oh, well, there will be plenty of time as the fall goes on :) Soooo, instead, I did a great kickbox combo! It turned out to be longer than I had anticipated, but it was really fun. So I decided to share :)
It was a Cathe/Kathy (Smith; I know some people don't like her, but she's not too annoying in this one!)combo. I did the warmup and workout of Kathy Smith's Kickboxing Workout (HR slowly worked its way up to the lower end of my training zone, and maintained that throughout), then the warmup and cardio part of CTX Kickbox. (This kept me at the low end of HR through Cathe's warmup, and then the actual workout segment got me up into the middle and high end.) Then I switched back to Kathy and did her leg and butt drills (not tough, HR going slowly down), then went back to Cathe and did her cooldown, planks and abs. Then back to Kathy for her stretch, and finally the excellent stretch at the end of Cathe's tape. Wow, it was about an hour and a half, but it was really fun, and I felt great when I was done. I'm ordering Cardio Kicks, I've decided!
Wendy

Wow, Wendy, sounds like a great workout! I too have the Kathy Smith tape and they sound like a great combo...maybe you should post it on that area in Videofitness where you suggest "combinations". Just a thought!

I think I'll try that combo later this week! Thanks!

Terri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.