High Step Training Variation

willowe

Cathlete
Hi All,
Just wanted to share a little variation I made to the HSTA workout today - instead of doing leg presses like Cathe and Crew, I subbed High Step climbs (think Firm Tall Box climbs) with no weight. I changed legs when Cathe did so ended up doing 16 climbs each side. I used 5 risers under the topper, but am tall (6ft), so less risers might be more comfortable for others. I did this just to make the workout a little more cardio focused and it worked great - especially on the segment where Cathe does 2 sets! :eek:
Kaz

Hi Kaz,

I do a step up with kee up and lunge back which is in the beginner hight step workout, I don't use any weights and I like the cardio work
I get from it. It gives me a break from all the leg presses. The HSTA workout is a tough one for me anyway but I must need that kind
of training if I find it so challenging. Sometimes I will do this same step up, knee up and lunge back instead of lunges in other workouts too like legs and glutes.

Hi Sally,
The Firm call it a tall box climb, where they put the 2 parts of the Fanny Lifter together (giving a total height of about 14" I think) and step up and down to tempo, the same as you would do on a "normal" step height. However, the added height really kicks the cardio factor into a whole other gear!:eek:
I'm experimenting with alot of my Circuit/Cross training workouts at the mo to see if/how I can increase the cardio factor a little, and this modification certainly did it for me.
Cindy - your modification sounds like another good one too - I remember these from the High Step Circuit (?) workout and seem to remember they sent my heart rate rocketing!! I imagine doing 32 of these on ech leg on that double leg press segment would be killer!
HSTA is certainly a tough workout - the only dry part of my workout gear was 2 small circles on my workout bra, so I'm guessing the only part of me that didn't sweat was my nipples;) !
Kaz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.