Hi You all!! (VERY LONG!)

DebbieH

Cathlete
Boy, do I miss this place when a few days go by. Just wanted to share a FUN Cathe-related event! On Thursday at work, my hubby found out that they were going to be closed on Saturday AND Monday, and with his day off being Friday, that gave us F, S, S & M off!!! I had no classes to teach til today, soooooo he said, "Why don't we give your friend Murph a call and see if we can meet up with them in Chicago where they live at a nearby restaurant and then spend the rest of the weekend shopping and EATING?" (Actually, he never said ANYTHING about eating. I added that! :p) Okay, to make this Cathe-related: I met Murph here on Cathe's site a couple of years ago and after becoming cyber-friends, we found out her business is homebased about 5 minutes from my house!(in Ohio) Sooo, we have met two different times she has come to town and hit it off. We found out we had many things in common, including our love of Cathe. I called her Friday morning and asked if we could plan a get-together the NEXT day! She soooo kindly said they had no plans and would love for us to come. They picked us up at our hotel Saturday morning about 11:30, we went back to their house and sat out on their beautiful sun porch and chit-chatted for a good hour and a half. Both hubbies hit it right off! :7 They had told us to wear old shoes and jeans so we could go visit their horses, which we did and, ME, who is petrified of horses, since one I was riding at church camp at the age of about 12, fell and rolled over on me and stepped on my friend, was a bit leery! We took it slow and George (Murph's hubby) taught me how to make the horse move, turn the horse & bring it to a complete stop, which I was GLAD to learn! No seriously, it was a fun time, even though one pix my hubby took of me brushing the horse, had my arm extended as far out to brush him so I didn't have to get too close! I was sure he was going to kick me! Both Murph and George's horses are beautiful! George was a lil' put out later when we went back to their house and downloaded all the pix and saw we had taken quite a few more of Comi (Murph's horse) and not as MANY of Toro) His horse!) Okay, enough horsetalk!!!! After they dropped us off at our hotel, they had us meet them back at their home an hour and a half later for drinks & hors'douveres (sorry, I know I botched that word. I can never find it in the dictionary either!!!) We then, walked to an Italian restaurant 10 minutes from their house. The food was superb!! They had a garlic butter for the fresh baked bread that was surrounded by roasted garlic that was to die for. I could have made a meal with just that. I THINK I DID! The night ended BACK at their place with coffee & cookies while we downloaded all the pix. Couldn't have asked for a more FUN Memorial Day weekend and I just have to say, Murph is not the only GREAT friend I have met here. You guys are all so wonderful and I know I rambled on much too long here but wanted to share another GOOD thing that came out of my finding this place! Thanks Cathe!!! :7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Debbie, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. Isn't this a great forum with many wonderful people. You guys are such an encouragment and I'm thankful for each one of you!!!!

Briee

Yes Briee!

This is THE greatest forum! Thanks for responding. How ARE you doing now??? Hope you are not still staring at those same four walls they call a bathroom?? Has your morning sickness subsided yet? I hope so. I'm thankful for YOU too!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

How wonderful Debbie! Thanks for sharing. You mentioned pictures....where are they...lol. Seriously, if you get a chance, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see them.

Good for you and getting through your fear of the horses. They are wonderful animals (but I'm intimidated too ;) )

Hugs

Hi Debbie!! That is just sooo wonderful. It's amazing how you can become such good friends with people you never actually meet face to face and over a computer!! I actually had a WONDERFUL friend I met on the internet about a year ago, and we hit it off big time. It got to the point where she and I talked on the phone about twice a week, and shared emails in between. She lived in Florida and I live in Michigan. Anyhow, we were hoping to meet sometime this year (my parents live in Florida too), and we were so excited. The last time I actually talked to her was the day after Mother's Day. I didn't talk to her at all the following weekend, so last Tuesday she was on my mind all day so I called her shortly after I got home from work. Her mother (who is 71 or 72) answered the phone, and she never has answered before when I've called. She said to me "oh honey, I knew you would be calling. I have bad news......Annette died this morning.". Well, all I can say is that my jaw dropped I was in shock for nearly two days. I can't believe I hurt so much over somebody I had never met. I can truly say she was a "good" friend. We shared alot and confided so much in one another. I iss her terribly. She left behind a sweet little daughter who is 12 and I'm so concerned about the little girl. She has no father that she knows of. Anyhow.......I don't know where I'm going with this. This is your wonderful moment to share with all of us and I'm going on and on and on. I apologize. In any event, I'm glad everything worked out just great with you and your cyber friend!!! herish the moments!!

Kim

Oh Kim!!!

My heart is about to burst out of my chest and I have the biggest lump in my throat! I am so, so sorry about your friend. I don't know the right words to say to you. Funny, I have had so many people tell me to be careful with who you "meet" on the Internet and I know it is true. But, I have met 5 from Cathe's site and each & every one of them has been a blessing to me in their own way. I DO understand that you felt like Annette was a GOOD friend. I've been lucky to find that here too. I wish that you had gotten the opportunity to have met her in person. Cherish in your heart all the great memories you have of her and again, I am so sorry. Please do not appologise. I am glad you shared. It just makes me realize how important all of us are right here & NOW and to be the best we can be. A BIG hug to you! {{{KIM}}}

Hi Alli!

Great to "see" you here! How are you? Let me check with Murph to make sure it is okay and maybe we can post some on the Cathe Addicts site. I'm not sure how to do it here. Remember, this is ME your talking toooo! You're the one who helped me post Kennedy's pix! Can you believe she will be two next month? How old is Katie now? BTW, how is your hubby doing? I think of him all the time. Great to hear from you.

RE: Oh Kim!!!

Howdy Hi Debbie,

(Kim, First of all, I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. Good and true friends are hard to find. It is such a blessing when you have them. Since they are so precious, it is a treasure beyond compare when we have them, even if but a short while. The memories that you have will last a lifetime. There is a scripture that reads: "a true friend is sticking closer than a brother." Sometimes a friend is closer to us than even our own family. My sympathies are with you.)

Debbie, that is so cool about you and the horse. I would have loved to seen you ride. I do think that you were one brave girl to have even got close to the horse much less get on it. :D I'm so happy that you had fun.

Hugs

Hi Debbie! WOW what a fun weekend you had! I know what you mean about meeting such lovely & caring people on this forum. Amy (competitionbound), as she used to call herself, & I have emailed each other from time to time almost every day & developed a friendship too. I would love to meet her in person (she's in Ohio) some day. Amy are you out there & reading this? Thanks for sharing, Kathy:D

Hi Debbie,

That was such a great story! And sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, and what a plus that the guys got along so great as well! :)
This forum really is a special place with some very special people!

And I feel you on the horse thing! I had a very similar experience at 10 years old at a Birthday party no less, and haven't gotten near a horse since! :) You go girl, you got back on and rode! :)

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

RE: Hi Debbie!

Hi Debbie,

Wow 2 already. It goes by so fast. Katie just turned 15 months a couple of days ago. I posted some pictures over at the addicts site.

Dh is doing well, thanks for asking. He had a positive MRI but a negative spinal tap. He still can barely see out of his eye. In a nutshell, he does not have MS...yet (even though the inital call we received said he had it). He has a better than 50% chance of developing it in the future though. If/when he shows one more symptom, they will start him on medication then. I'm taking the approach that he is in the very early stages of it. He doesn't like that but I think that's the smart thing to do.

Hugs
Alli

Kim,

Your post really touched me. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. Did her mother mention why she has passed away? It's amazing how close you can get to someone that you've never "met" isn't it?

Hugs
Alli

Wow Alli!

She's 15 months already??? Zowie, it goes so fast! I went over and saw your pix! The kids are absolutely adorable! (LOVE their eyes!) But....where are the pix of YOU??? Get busy girl! I am sorry to hear your DH is still having problems. Funny, it seems like the same thing my twin is going through. For now, they are saying she has MS but not for sure??? It is so frustrating for her and us. Again, great to hear from you. Keep in touch!

RE: Kathy!

Debbie! You & HB are on my list of people to meet too! We're around the same ages too except for Aimee. How funny that you live sooo close to each other. I live in NY so it would be doable to even drive. How about that?LOL Kathy;-)

RE: Roadtrip

Hi Deb!

Loved, loved, loved your story and am so jealous -- I would SO love to meet and play with some of my Cathe pals, including of course YOU!!!

Cathe e-mailed me some time ago and let me know that it was okay with her for me to "chair" planninga road trip, and that she'd let me know when it was time. I haven't heard back from her and imagine they're swamped with the new videos and the new studio. Wonder when they'll be moving? Anyhow, rest assured that as soon as I hear from La Cathe I'll get us all goin'.

Can't wait!

Kathy S.

Murph here..

back after so long a time..yup--Ms Deb actually rode our Toro and yes--Deb can you post that one of us and any others--that'd be fine.
It was such a wonderful surprise--not only to see Deb and DH this weekend, but to have met her at all (and added her to my life.) Deb is very special.

I have missed you all...I've been crazy with work. Looking forward to re-connecting.
PS: Deb has kept me informed privately about some things...I was so happy that this group of people will Not allow low grade behavior.
Your Friend, Murph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.