Hi Cathe!! BOSU Opinion?

T

trevor

Hey Cathe!
Congratulations on your new videos. You look simply awesome in the pics I have seen.
My question is.....ever see and/or try the BOSU? And if so, what's your take on it? I used one the other day for the first time and felt like they were a little dangerous. There's not alot of "flat space" on the ball for balanced standing and I had a heckuva time slipping on it from my own sweat.
Just thought I'd ask. Hope you and your family are having a wonderful time as the holidays approach.
Trevor :) :-jumpy
Go 24!

Hi Trevor! At this point in time I have only seen workouts with them and not actually worked out with one. Based on what I have seen, it looks like it is a nice addition to a fitness program if you are into functional fitness training and especially so if you are already enjoying stability ball workouts. Due to its unique shape, it is able to do a few exercises that the stability ball can't. Likewise though, this same unique shape keeps it from being able to do some exercises that the stability ball can. So having both would give you more exercise options if you are very interested in this kind of training. I do think this piece of equipment is a bit pricey if you are not overly into balance/integrated stength work. So I advise first viewing a workout or possibly taking a demo class with one should you be considering buying one.

I do know that BOSU has just recently filmed a series of workouts for both instructors and consumers. They are not available yet but I imagine should be soon.

Hope the family is doing well :)!

BOSU Owner.....

Hey Trevor..

I know I'm not Cathe, but I am one of the Happy BOSU owners (since August!) I must tell you that I use it ALL the time. Of course, I knew I would enjoy it cuz I LOVE the stability ball.

I took a class at the AAAI convention at the Cape ... loved it. Yes, the sweat teems off me. I use it for a step, I use it for lunges, I use it for push ups, abs, Pilates, and just about anything else you can think of. It really works my inner thighs.

I have never twisted my ankle or any of the such and it's REALLY worked my balance and core strength. I thought it was a GREAT addition to my fitness equipment and I'll be one of those purchasing the new BOSU vids they are filming! ;-)

Anyway... as usual: Your MMV!
Cleda

Hey Cleda??

Just curious how it works the inner thighs??? Are you standing or lying down? Also, when you say you use it for lunges, do you lunge "onto" it? TIA!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hey DebbieH??

Yes I lunge onto it.
I also lunge OFF of it.
I do side lunges ONTO it.
I do side lunges OFF it.
I use it for push ups.
I use it for plank work (I hate plank work!)
I use it for bridge work.
I use it for alot of stuff....

I think the reason my inner thighs get more sore with the BOSU is.... It's alot wider than a step and I do straddle it. I use the BOSU for uncomplicated step tapes and for use with the cardio step portions of the Firm tapes. (Especially the new infomercial ones.) ..... So, when I straddle the Bosu, I am definitely working my inner thighs more so then usual.

Apologies to Cathe ahead of time: I did read your please only post "ASK CATHE" questions in the "ASK CATHE" forum! Which makes total sense.... but this thread was here already. SORRY!!!!

Cleda

Thanks Cleda!

I understand now! Cathe, my applogies also. I thought about asking Cleda on the OD forum but was afraid she wouldn't see it!!Thanks again, Cleda.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.