Hey, you Thigh Rockers!

DebbieH

Cathlete
I just came up with a new exercise you can do on your rockers! I could really feel it. (FranciGirl~You might be able to add this to your video) Push both feet out til straight, then keeping one foot planted on the footplate, release the other foot and bend it at the knee & bring it up towards your chest slightly, so it is NOT touching the footplate. With the working leg (leg on plate) bend your knee just slightly and then push back to straighten, repeating all reps in that set until you switch legs. Be sure not to bend it past a 45* angle or let the knee go past your toes. I did 3 sets of 8 on each leg. Wowie!!! Just an idea for something different.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hey, my friend! Guess what? I can "rock" and the toe doesn't hurt at all. I guess because all the motions I use are pushing thru the heels. There is a calf exercise, where you come up on your toes, but I can't do that one. Yeooow, that would hurt! Speaking of "hurt", how is our "Injury Queen" doing? All healed I hope. My toe is getting better every day. I am literally "walking", almost crawling thru my classes at this point because I don't want to set it back. I can't wait to start jumping around in class & to get back to my Cathe's. No IMax this week! Drop me a note and let me know how you are doing with your leg.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hey Debbie!Sounds like your having fun on that rocker!You'll be amazed at what you come up with-you can do soo much on this baby-when I'm zoning that's when I need to be inventive to keep up with the fun factor!Did you do my rock and burn program yet?, your move sounds similiar(I'd have to see it) to my one legged sweep out to the side and knee lift up(a reverse crunch while on the rocker) you really feel both legs working especially the planted foot(double wowie-I hear you on that girlfriend)--did you do the circles with the one leg standing straight out? It's ala Tae Bo style(wide circles and then you reverse it)-you really feel it in your hip sockets_ I actually showed this maneauver to Deborah in person-because you have to see it to understand the intensity of the movement--she agreed that she would of did the move different if I didn't show her! I try to be descriptive in moves but it does them no justice--I have to focus on that area to get the form pointers across-I'm just a doer and a "I'll show ya" kinda person--hehe--we should start a thread with new ideas for the rocker-- CATHEITES ROCK ON!--start with your idea and have people add on to what they came up with and start a mini rotation- a 15 min lower body add on--what women don't want to work her lower body xtra? what ya think?Let's keep it interesting an fun! When I do a custom program on the rocker I like to use a countdown watch to keep my time and reps in sync-not overdoing but feeling the burn! Did you get your blue bands yet?Keep me posted! Thanks for sharing and I know you'll be coming up with more-(don't hold out on us)I'm also glad to hear that your toe is not interrupting your workouts!

Alright ladies --

Somebody's going to have to write up all these ideas for these B&TR rotations, as Francine suggested, and send 'em to me. I'm already constructing our next rotations volume and will include these for the B&TR devotees.

BTW, I bought one on e-Bay this week for $68 including shipping. I am just shameless -- hope that box arrives when my DH and my incredulous children aren't around! :)

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif [FONT C OLOR=Blue]Kathy S.[/FONT]

Just a precautionary note: We love our Rockers so much that we may want to get carried away and, say, do it every day, or tack a complete Jake workout onto PS legs or something like that.

It IS possible to do too much, and not get the desired effects because we think more is better.

I'll shush up now.

rocker rotations!

Hi Kathy! I'm happy for you that you will be rocking along with us!It will be neat to see what the BTR users will come up with and we'll get it organized!You will love it!http://64.225.138.194/dcforum/Open/3187.htmlI just copied and pasted the post with one of my programs on it! if it didn't come up I'll email it to you----
Honeybunch, I agree with you that more is not always better and also how easy it is to get carried away on such a fine piece of equipment--not to mention that I carried away easily when it comes to fun!Everything in moderation--true true!
Educated crowd,BTR users: chip in with ideas and we'll create a well rounded program that will fit functionally into our programs!We know that 3 min a day won't give us results but if you add BTR 3 mins to your existing rotation you will see results--it's that effective---and remember-Variety is the spice of life !
-Your friend in fitness~~Francine

Kathy, I just bought one also, for the $68 including shipping; honeybunch's comments and the low price convinced me! Do you think it was so cheap because there is a new model out? I saw ads for the "NEW" bun and thigh rocker for over $100. Oh well, as long as it works. Count me in if you send out routines for the rocker. Broadcast it on a thread or something so I will know to send you my e-mail address again.

Susan

I got my new bands in the mail today.
If there is a new Rocker, Honeybunch should be in the infomercial. Her suggestion got all of us rocking towards firmer buns. I can't imagine anyone getting rid of their machine. The E-Bay sales surprise me. I loved mine from day l.
I'll try the move Debbie described. Sounds like it may work your abs too?

Hey, everyone!

Franci~I think having a thread to add new ideas is a great idea!I would think after awhile that the normal routine would become boring. I think the 15 minute "add on" to what you are doing is a good idea so we don't overdo as HB said. Kathy~Welcome to the "Rocker's Club"! Yes, please do include our ideas in the next Volume of Rotations. (I'll FINALLY get my name in there ;-)) Do you want us to send them to you via E-mail or snail mail? Thanks again for all your hard work you do for us all with the Volumes! Also, GOOD LUCK hiding the big box the rocker comes in and don't let your hubby near the rocker without his shoes on, or he'll really be spitting nails! :7 Susan~Woo-Hoo, glad you ordered one. You will NOT be disappointed. I am very eager to see if I get great results like HB did. I haven't been able to use mine much due to working on another fitness project these past few weeks, but starting next week, watch out! Thank goodness it is something I can do right now, even with a broken toe!!!! Oh my, a NEW model is out? Oh boy! Don't want to think about it. Wonder what the different is? You know us fitness nuts have/want to have it all! Keep in touch everyone and let's see what all we can come up with. Keep on Rockin'! (AFTER you do your Cathe tapes! :7)

Hey, Carol!

Yipeee! Where did you order your bands from? The place HB suggested? Which poundage did you get? Hmmm, I never thought about my move working the ABS. I'll concentrate on it next time and really try to engage the core area and see if I feel it. Keep me posted on your "firm" buns! I'm hoping for firmer thighs and a loss in cellulite! A girl can dream, right? Keep me posted and have fun!

RE: Hey, everyone!

It's really OK to do the rockin' INSTEAD of Cathe tapes, too, trust me.

Debbie, I ordered four 25-pound bands from the distributer phone number Honeybunch gave us. The delivery was very quick! I have some cellulite on the back of my thighs too. I wish the thigh-cream worked as well for cellulite as the rocker does for toning. Kidding... I've never bought the cream. A friend of mine, swears drinking water and keeping fat grams under 20 will eliminate cellulite... I can drink water but keeping under 20 grams of fat w/ no ice cream or M&M's is impossible. Cellulite is like gray hairs...eventually you'll get some.
Honeybunch, I did a 15-20 minute rocking session today. No Cathe. I feel like I didn't really workout. . IS that really enough? I usually work my legs twice a week for approx. l hour. W/ school starting back up, I will have more time-crunch days. Will doing a one hour session a week continue to give me results w/ a 15-20 minute on another day?

Please tell me exactly WHAT you did in the 15-20 minutes of our workout, then I can better tell you if it was enough.

Warm up: 8 minute tae bo tape. (It was 'free' w/ the first 2 tapes BB made). I do 1-2 minutes of each exercise (2-3 sets) w/ a one minute rest between sets. I rock until I feel the burn using approx. l20 pounds in bands. I am not sore at all today. I definately have more shape in my buttocks from using the rocker but I want more. What is your opinion about cellulite?

time crunch workout

Hi Carol! Sorry to but in, but I too am curious to what you did on the rocker for 15-20 mins and didn't feel worked out!Did you try my rock and burn program? It's a lower body workout on the BTR!I can give you some ideas now though(not knowing your current rotation)With your current rotation-use the BTR as an add on(no more than5 mins)every day or other day having 1 day off a week completely with "blue bands'(toning)Do 100 squats with feet straight then 100 feet left then 100 feet right then 100 plies--then finish off with calf raises you can throw in quad extensions too but the purpose of this is to lean out the legs in minimum time!If you can't do this at the end of a routine you did then just do it later at night! Fit it in before you check the cathe website(hehe)Try and do it 6 days a week and keep it short and sweet!This worked for my girlfriend who is pear shape and her legs are smaller now that she works them daily with the blue bands!If you want to go another route~Work your legs how your accustomed to and when your doing the BTR for extra resistance remember to do your reps in a steady fashion and throw in LOW ENDS! Hold and pulse for #3 (really "focus" on the intensity of you workout)this will give you the burning feeling and you can vary your holds longer if you have to and go slow and steady!---To crank it up for heavy weight training and perfect form( a handyman is needed here) My husband made me a new bar where you place your hands and welded it to the back of my BTR so that I can add cast iron weights on it--i know it's extreme but it's a sturdy piece of equipment that can handle it!There's plenty of variety on the BTR it all depends on what your looking for! I hope I've been helpful and would love to hear about your results!It's not always about how much time you spent but the quality of your workout--hopefully we can come up with a program for you to suit your needs better--keep me posted!Your friend in fitness~~Francine

Wow, Franci!

Thanks for the excellent ideas! It's amazing what you can come up with using this machine. Those low-ends hurt just thinking about them! Hmmm, the "weight-bar" sounds like a great idea too. I am so glad I got this machine since it is about the only thing I can do right now to get my heart rate up. (til this lil' toe of mine decides to heal! :-() I can't wait to get back to some of my Cathe's. Can you really do that whole routine in 5 minutes? If so, I can feel my heart pumping aready. The normal workout makes me breathe! Thanks again!!!

RE: Wow, Franci!

Hi Debbie it was soo nice talking to you yesterday!Your a sweetiepie!You can definitely do it in 5 mins---I recommend doing the 5 min with the blue bands for the 6 consecutive days but you can certainly still use your heavier bands--you just don't want to overwork your knees(alternate light/heavy)!I also like to use my stopwatch and do certain movements for 1 min and 30 secs--yeah that feels good---So you see you can either use a stopwatch and/or just count your reps to keep your routine organized!PS I'm glad too that you have this machine --let me know when your bands come---Take care!Your friend in fitness~~Francine

RE: time crunch workout -- Thanks..

Thank you Francine. You've given me excellent ideas. I never thought of rocking every other day. I will do that starting tomorrow. I thought that would be over-training. I guess not if your friend got benefits from doing it. My butt is flat and I'm working to get more roundness or uplift. I don't have the blue bands & didn't read your rock and burn program. If I did, I've forgotten. I'll go back and look for it.
I didn't feel like I had worked out because I wasn't sweating much and when I don't do squats and lunges, I feel like I'm cheating. Its probably just in my head.
Welding a new weight bar on your rocker was an excellent idea.
I'll let you know how the new routine works. I appreciate your efforts in helping me.

RE: time crunch workout -- Thanks..

At this stage of the game, I would use other exercises as "add-ons" to your rocker routine, since I feel the BTR is so superior to other routines.

One word of caution about adding weights: on the instructions that came with it, it says that it's not suitable for folks over 250 lbs, so you may want to keep that in mind if you weld on a bar and add weight plates.

Francine is right....really concentrate on the concentric and eccentric phase of the movements and really feel it. I don't go by time, but by reps, but you can try it both ways. We are inventing our own routines here, so the sky's the limit.

I have not done much with the blue bands by themselves, but I'm going to do that today.

Hey, we LOVE our rockers! Best daggone $89.00 I ever spent!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back