Help with My Butt!! PLEASE

slenamond

Cathlete
I am short and carry alot of wieght in my rear. I have alot of cellulite there too. PLEASE tell me what you have personally found to reshape your rear!

Is there a rotation you have found? Certian exercises? I don't want to waste time right now as I am in a rush to get my rear in gear.

Thanks in advance!

Slenamond,

The Feb 2011 Rock Bottoms Rotation, should help you provided you have the DVD's that it list.

Check it out, hope that helps.

Specific exercises that shape that area for me are deep squats, and deadlifts. High Step exercises could get the job done, too. I'm also a shortie (5'1), so I understand your pain. The weight doesn't have too many options to choose where to settle at my height, so it shows very quickly...

You could also work the legs twice/wk, once w/heavy weight, and once w/lighter weights (higher reps). The heavy weight will give you some muscle there, and higher reps w/light weights can provide a more cardio-like effect to help shed the fat there so that you can see the muscle you build. A little extra cardio is good for shedding the fat, too, but diet will be the most important tool to aid you workouts and fat shedding...

I'm not sure of any specific rotations (as I include those 2 exercises in every leg workout), but I've heard good things about the rock bottoms rotation. As for actual workouts, Gym Style Legs was hands down the best improvements that I've ever seen in my legs (as per my husbands observation - after I did it for about 1x/wk for 4-6 wks)

Hello there!

I was confused there for a sec, I thought I was the one who started this thread:D. That sounds like me, a classic pear-shape. Very stubborn, very hard to tone, fat just seems to gravitate there and won't let go!

The only thing that showed noticeable improvements for me was the LIS November rotation: http://cathe.com/forum/f100/nov-2011-low-impact-series-rotation-286176/ AND the Dec hi/low rotation: http://cathe.com/forum/f100/dec-2011-rotation-286759/

I also agree with Kikster, diet is so important and lots of cardio to shed fat so you can see the muscle being built underneath. Don't shy away from heavy weights when you work legs, it won't bulk you (trust me). A combo with heavy and low weights w/high reps does work magic. Also, I find Barre work very effective. The LIS has everything from Barre to sliding discs to band work, to weight training. All of that really helps to tone/shape the thighs and rear. It's like a shock for trouble zones.

Good luck!

Natasha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.