help with morning and night sickness

debcpa28

I am 7 weeks along in my first pregnancy and like a ton of bricks on friday night suddenly I was hit with stomach queasiness and sour stomach. I thought I was coming down with something and took some maalox which didn't help. Since then almost constant nausea and sour stomach. Any advice to help me get through this period? Plus my energy has plummeted and its hard just getting out of bed! :p

So sorry you feel so crummy! Zofran worked really well for me...I was still queasy but at least I could keep most of my food down if I took it. Ginger tea wasn't too bad either. Hopefully you'll be feeling better after the first trimester is over. Congratulations on your pregnancy!:D

~Bethany~

Have you heard of seabands? They are non-medicated bands you can but on your wrists---work thru magnets some how.

Zofran is usually reserved for women who have uncontrollable vomiting--unable to gain weight. They are about $15 per tablet! Ouch. Hang in there, nausea almost always subsides by 12-13 weeks---it's also a good sign that pregnancy is going well. ;)

I'm right there with ya! I just hit 9 weeks and this month has been tuff on me. I really forgot the first trimester could be so trying! hang in there!! I'm starting to feel a bit of energy come back the last few days. I hope it sticks!!

my doc prescribed some tablets that dissolve in your mouth. I don't remember the name of them though. I didn't complain to my doc soon enough because he gave them to me around 10 weeks and I only had to use them a few times but boy were they great!

I am in the same boat as you are! I am not sure how far long yet, my apt is this friday but I have been sick all day long. I haven't been able to even drink water, it makes it worse. My doctor gave me a prescription and it has really helped. Like Mabdoo, it also disolves on my tongue, maybe it's the same stuff?!? I have been cutting them in half to make them last longer and it really helps. Good luck. It's so hard going through this first trimester. I can't wait till I am 12 weeks along! I am counting down the days!!! I am just feeling better to where I want to start exersizing again.

i know this is a really late reply, but i was sick 24-7 (mostly in the night and afternoon)during my first 2 trimesters. i was pretty much housebound b/c of it and couldn't even get in the car and go up the road without being sick. i tried absolutely everything (except for pills b/c they are not prescribed in the uk unless you are hospitalized), but strangely the thing that helped the most was accupuncture once a week. nothing else helped - tea, ginger candies, accupressure bands, preggi pops, exercise, fresh air, eating or not eating. accupuncture seemed to bring down the intensity of the sickness by about 30-50%.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.