HELP ME ,BOWFLEX OWNERS

stayfit

Cathlete
Hi, I am desperate. I have a Bowflex select tech dumbbells set. I can move the rotor and change the weight of one dumbbell. The locking mechanism fails. Please help me. I don't know what to do. Thanks

Mariángeles the spanish Turbo Kick junkie.

Hi Mariangeles,
I have the Bowflex SelectTech Dumbells too...the ones that go from 5-52.5 lbs/dumbell. When you say that the locking mechanism fails, do you mean the dumbell gets stuck in the holding rack or that one or more plates don't stay on the dumbell when you lift it out of the rack?

The plates should automatically stay attached when you lift it out. If not, the dumbell is defective and send it back. Make sure first that the plates are all in the correct position and sitting squarely in the rack, if not, the plates won't engage on the dumbell. Once you set it up correctly (unless its broken), it should work fine. Occassionally, a dumbell seems to get stuck in the rack but it is only because the weight you have selected on the rotor is not perfectly alligned with the indented arrow at the top center of the dumbell...jiggle a little until the dumbell lifts out, if this is the problem.
Post back if this is not the problem and specify exactly what the problem is and maybe I can help further.

Cathy, thanks from the bottom of my heart. The weight was not perfectly alligned. I have resolved the problem. Thank you, thank you,thank you. These are very expensive dumbbells and I thought the dumbbell was broken.

Mariángeles

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.