help, im new, where do i begin????

judym64

Cathlete
Im new to this forum, but have been doing home videos for years, (usually the firm) but i read about "Cathe" on the firm website and everyone keeps talking about how great they are. I know NOTHING about them, which one should I start with? where can I buy them, Im in preety good shape (intermediate/advanced level) so will some kind soul help me out???????

Hi Judy!!

Welcome to Cathe's forum!! I'll give you my humble opinion, how does that sound!! I started with Cathe back in May. My first tape was Body Max(not recommended for starters!!) I didn't know this though, because I ordered through Collage. I'll give you my list of what I think are the best starter tapes: The Wedding Video(cardio and strength), Step Heat(cardio), Mega Step Blast(cardio), Maximum Intensity Strength(total body strength), I also love the new Cross Train Express Series that she just put out! They are easily modifiable and you work 1 body part a day on strength. Or, you can do 2 body parts and work them twice a week. There are 6 tapes in her new series, so you can work each muscle group once or twice a week, depending on how you feel. It has step, hi/lo, and kickbox so you really get a wide variety. Well, that's my list, Good luck!! Let us know what you decide
happy.gif
!

thanks aimee!

thanks for responding, i wrote down the ones you reccommend (my printer is on the fritz!) My questions to you are 1: Where can I buy them? (are they available in stores?) and 2: when you say "starter tapes" do you mean very easy, as in beginner or just easier to follow, in other words, I wanna break a good sweat. I really appreciate your input. thanks! judy

You can get them here

on this site, or order on Collage video(except the new series) This site has the best offer though. Order four get one free and I believe no shipping charge. Go into the quanity discounts off of the home page and that will explain it all. As for starters, none of Cathes videos are for beginners!! You WILL SWEAT!! The coreography is just broken down more so you can follow the steps easier. All are intense, and fun at the same time
happy.gif
! Hope this helps! Let me know what you get!

Hi Judy. Aimee gave you some great ideas. The thing is, it helps to do some of Cathe's early tapes to get the choreography down, but I find that the new tapes are less repititous and more fun because of it.
Some of her most challenging and FUN choreography is in Step Works..less choreography but LONG and challenging is the older tape Step Jam ( I still love this one, it is truly an advanced tape)
Cardio Kicks ( the new kickboxing tape) is a total blast and Circuit Max (intervals of cardio and weights) is truly a cardio challenge but also fun to do.
Interval Max is step and floor cardio, short intervals times ten. Less dancy, but goes by FAST and is a cardio challenge.
Aimee is right, none of Cathe's tapes are beginner. All are advanced-- you may not like certain workouts for the choreography, but the cardio challenge will always be there. Hope you enjoy as much as we all do! Let us know. :D

Kristina and Aimee: thanks so much for your advice, Well, I DID IT, i ordered some tapes. You guys make them sound like so much fun, and as much as i love The Firm workouts, Id like to try something new and different and Cathe seems to be the route to go. So, I orderded the ones Aimee suggested (BODY MAX, WEDDING, STEP HEAT, MEGA STEP, AND MAX INTENS. STRENGTH) , then ill move on to the ones you like, Kristina. I cant wait to get them!!! I really and truly appreciate your help and will let you know how im doing with them! you have also inspired me to go workout now because i really dont feel like it (its raining here and blah outside)but i will . THANKS A MILLION!!!! JM

RE: You must live east of me

because that's how it was here yesterday, and for two days before that!! I'm glad you ordered the tapes:)! So, which one are you going to do first? I know, I know, I nosey!! I just can't help myself;-)! Let us know what you think of them!

Aimee

RE: You must live east of me

yep, I do, in CT! I love the fact that when someone responds to you i get a message in my email to that affect, thats so cool. well, Aimee (I see you changed your screen name) how about I let you tell me which one to do first! And by the way, I did go and workout before and feel so much better now! If you want you can e-mail me (my address is in the profile) but totally understand if youd rather just talk on here (I know some people are a little leary about emailing people they dont know, myself included, but I swear Im not pyscho! HAHA, its just nice to talk to people with similar interests and Im the only person I know around here that does home video workouts! Bye, Judy

Hi Judy

You picked a great batch of tapes to start with:)...watch out, you'll own them all soon;-).

What section of CT are you! There is a growing group of fitness nuts that occasionally get together towards the NY end of the state...long drive for me, but if we can get more folks towards the "right end" of the state..maybe we can drag everyone in another direction.

Hope you enjoy your tapes and looking forward to your posts about them!

nancy:O)

hi nancy!

I just got my tapes today!!!!!!! (i only took two days) and I am gonna start tomorrow with STEP HEAT ! cant wait!! I live in Madison, so you are not too far away!!! Yeah, FINALLY someone near me who loves workout videos! Ill let you know how I am doing. jm ps: you are sooo right about mystic pizza (the comment in your profile) I thought that was so funny, the best pizza is down toward New Haven!

Just Wait!

By tomorrow, you will be looking over the catalogue with ALL of Cathe's tapes trying to decide which ones you need next! :D There were only 3 videos of Cathe's that I didn't have in my library and just ordered this past month. One of them was StepHeat which I have not tried yet. Let me know what you think, Judy. WELCOME to the world of "Vidiots"!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH

RE: Hi deb!

ok, im going to do my first video right now!!!!!! i'll let you know how I make out. ps I like the "vidiots" expression. jm

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.