Help! How do I mix and match?

mj051279

My DVDs say that each of the workouts have been chaptered so you can easily "mix&match" all the section from the two different exercise programs. Learn how at www.cathe.com. I've looked but I don't see the answer. Could someone point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Well, that depends: do you have a programmable DVD player?

Here is how my DVD player works (a basic RCA model I bought at Walmart):

When my DVD player goes on, the main menu (of the DVD player) has a subcategory under "play" (I click on that and the submenu comes up) that offers a "program play" option. Then I choose the order of sections I want to play, such as title 1, chapter 3, then title 2, chapter 4, etc. Ther title/chapter correspondances for Cathe DVDS (except for the new ones and ab hits, which aren't posted yet) can be found under the descriptions of each DVD, through the home page.

For the new DVDs, you can figure out what chapter is what by choosing the "info" button on your remote control. This will display the title/chapter that is currently playing. You can quickly go through the workouts chapter by chapter and write down the title/chapter correspondences.

The actual "mix-and-match" feature that is on some Cathe DVDs is less useful, in my opinion (but works even if you don't have a programmable DVD player). Choose the mix-and-match option from the main menu of the disc. Then you can choose one segment to play first. When the segment is over, you are taken back to the mix-and-match menu and can choose another segment (ad infinitum). Not as slick as programming through your DVD player, and too choppy for my tastes, but it works (I think, though I've never used it).

Hope this helps...if not, sorry!

Hi! I only have a one DVD player (I'd love to get a programmable player that can fit 5 disks in there!) Anyway, I would like to program it so I can do certain Imax II intervals twice and omit others. Is this possible with the mix and match feature? I suppose I could just select a different interval during the recovery phase, but I'd much rather program it so that it will just play in one continous stream. I have a cheap model. There is a 'program' button on my remote, but not on my DVD player. I know it's hard to answer this without actually seeing my DVD player, but I'd at least like to know if there's hope. Thanks!

You can do this with the "program" button on your remote. You just have to enter the chapter and title number of each interval you want to do.

Hey Jillybean,

Just wanted to chime in here. I have a cheap single disk DVD player. It has a program button on the remote too, BUT I CANNOT program DVD's. The program feature is only for audio disks (cds, mp3s). Your DVD player's manual should tell you whether you can program DVD chapters to play in sequence. Also, you could check the manufacturer's web site for information and possible hardware upgrades.

HTH

Beth :)

I am new to DVD's and have a very cheap, basic DVD player. I went to best Buy and several other electronic stores to see if they had programmable DVD players and I was told that they don't make such a thing. I explained to the salespeople exactly what I was looking for, a player to sequence chapters on exercise videos and they all thought this was a wonderful idea, but had never heard of such a thing. Well, after reading these posts, obviously it is possible. Can anyone help me out as to what Brand or store I need to shop? I just bought a couple of DVD's because of all of this hype and now I feel like I wasted my money. HELP????????

Thanks
Marsha

I programmed my new DVD player last night and had a blast with my workout!!!!!!! :D

I was still sore from working out over the weekend, took Monday off and wanted to do something "lighter and motivating".

I put "CTX", "Step, Pump and Jump" and "Circuit Max" into my DVD player and programmed it to play the floor aerobic sections, plus a little kickboxing.

My workout was almost exactly an hour long and all segments (I think) were 10 minutes or less. The workout went by so quickly!

(I did have to fast forward through the sections of "Circuit Max" that I didn't want to do since it's not chaptered as well.)

(One thing that I don't understand is why it seems there are so many chapters in "Step Blast". For example, I would think combo 1 would be 1 chapter and it appears to be three. I'm hoping I'm just ignorant about this because, if I'm right, I think programming "Step Blast" would be too time consuming.)

I haven't used my DVD player enough to feel comfortable recommending it but I corresponded with Crutchfields (a company highly recommended by my co-workers) and will forward or post that email if anyone is interested.

I am interested in their email. Thanks for the company name, I ordered a new DVD player from them that they guaranteed to be completelly programmable!

Marsha

It sounds like the salespeople had no idea what they were talking about. My cheapo APEX DVD player is programmable, and I bought it two years ago. Maybe you can ask to see the remote controls for the models you're interested in and just look and see if they have a "program" button anywhere on them. Although, I would go to a store where the people knew something about the product they were selling, if I had a choice. (I don't know how many choices you have where you live.)

Even though I can program, I find that Cathe's premixes are pretty good and I have never actually used the program feature.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO........I bought this Onkyo multi disc player and I think I got one with too many bells and whistles :-(
I've read thru the different posts and for the life of me can't get it to do(or I'm too dvd player stupid)what I want it to do.
For example, I CAN pull up the menu but for some reason I can't figure out how to pull multiple parts of one workout to make my own--when I choose one and hit enter it starts playing and I can't make another choice, and if I remember reading somewhere that once that section is done you pick another one--who wants to do that when you've gotten your HR where you want it and you've got a good sweat going on??
PLUS..........., trying to do multiple discs--UGH!
I see that this post is from 2004 but desperate is as desperate does, I'm trying to find out which DVD player you bought(hopefully someone still sells it!)
BTW my remote does not have a "program" button on it--that should have been my first red flag!!!!!!
Any advice you can think of would be a BIG help!!

Mary :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.