Hate to complain but....

LIS is actually the first step workout I actually did all the way through and it helped me learn moves that Cathe does in other workouts, so I credit this one (its short and sweet) for helping me "get it" with the Cathe step. I still struggle with Step Blast though.:)

I am laughing reading your post (not at you, just laughing really at me). I could have written this post word for word (and actually did write a similar post) about 6 months ago when I first found this forum. 4DS was the first Cathe dvd I purchased and HIS was the first routine I did. I HATED it!! I had done step before, but I could not keep up with the steps and was SO frustrated I almost sold the dvd that day!! However, I did the remainder of the workouts on the dvd and LOVE them. The Drill Max is soooo awesome, it is my go-to workout when I don't have a great deal of time but still want a great heart rasining routine. I have come to the point where I am pretty good on LIS (it didn't happen overnight), but I will just not do HIS, period. I just do not want to think/concentrate that much while doing cardio. Nonetheless, the dvd is well worth it even subtracting that workout. in addition to Bootcamp, the kickbox is fun and gets the heartrate up and the weights are fun and effective. Also, once I figured out what kinds of Cathe I do and do not like, I have been able to get the dvd's that are good for me and I just adore all of them. Though these forums, I have also found people who share the same likes/dislikes strength/weaknesses that I have so I get even more suggestions for good workouts.

So, just hang in there, do what you like, skip what you don't, and have fun! :)

Karen

You're not complaining - you're speaking your opinion! Workouts do different things for people and that's perfectly okay!

To me, the step routines are very different from Cathe's other DVDs and it helps to not have the other step programs in mind when you are learning the 4DS ones. Those step routines do not elevate my heart the way the 4DS bootcamp cardio does, but the step segments are really fun to do and the music is amazing. Cathe's cuing in the step routines are also more relaxed - especially noticeable when comparing 4DS step and the kickboxing segment (my favorite kickboxing routine ever). The moves take a little to pick up, but I feel relaxed yet energized and refreshed when I finish them; similar to what I feel after doing yoga.

To learn the step segments, I repeated each peice of each routine as needed. An option is to turn your step so that it is perpendicular with your TV instead of parallel so you can watch while you step.

I hope this helps! :)

>I just did 4DS LIS for 1st time. trying to get ready for the
>road trip in few weeks. I was very disappointed. Way too many
>turns and overs and 6 foot something or other. I felt like I
>got no workout out all, just a complicated dance class. I'm
>very coordinated and have no problem with other dvd's, even
>the really dancy ones. But this one never even got my heart
>rate up. Anyone else feel this way?
>ellie:-(

I do not like any of them. I am very disappointed in them

Karen(

4DS was a disappointment for me. I have done LIS once, and it just annoys me. HIS took me quite a few goes to get, but now I really enjoy it! But I have to keep my mind alert

I don't like having to really concentrate when I am doing ANY form of areobics.

So I don't pull 4DS out much at all,

Andrea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.