HATE - Feb 24

August

Cathlete
OH THE HORROR!!! THE HORRRROORRR!

I went to the hair salon and had my hair done. The salon is in Mr. Raccoon's department store, but it's actually Katrine the Poodle who works there. She asked me all sorts of questions on how I would like to have my hair done, and I told her that I was looking for something fancy and sparkly. And now my hair is in pig tails and is completely bleached white!! I look awful. And it cost me 3,000 bells, too. And she'll only do one treatment a day, so I'm going to have to suffer the entire day looking this way. Waaaa! Maybe I'll buy a hat.

Mariah - How you doing? Are you having a nice weekend?

Shelley - Yes, it is very convenient to sell my fruit and just walk a few steps in and be able to get my haircut. Mr. Raccoon's twin nephews work upstairs selling furniture, too. They're really cute but they're desperate to sell me stuff, so they are on my heels the whole while I'm in the store....Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that you're lonesome with your Sophie gone every other week. That must be hard, but it's nice that she has the chance to be with both her mom and dad.

Dana - Glad to hear you're feeling better now. It sounds like you've won the bacteria battle...My trip to the States last year was the first time in about 7 years that I'd been back. I know. It's awful. My schedule is hard to change in order for me to go back often - no, that's a lie. I love what I do, and I hate to change my schedule to do anything else. So I'm really thrilled that Mom has had a change of heart to come live here.

Hey, I haven't lied in a while.

And I am so not going to comment on those cookies you wrote about. ohhhhhh...cooooookiiiieeees....

How cute about your chocolate bar that you scurried away into your desk for possible emergency provisions....Congrats for the great results already with your Lent stuff!

Hey, what happens if you give up Lent for Lent?

Michele -

>I cannot deprive myself of treats. I need one everyday for happiness and to prevent gorging.

I wasn't expecting you to write happiness and...gorging, and it totally made me snork like a pig, I laughed so hard.

Your fabulous cookies and restaurants galore around you are so....oh, I wish that was here!! Tonight after work, my work partner and I needed to have a little meeting and he offered to have it at a donut place to set the mood right (he's so good with me LOL). We drove around forEVER and could NOT find one. Can you imagine? Is that the saddest thing you ever did hear? We ended up pulling over at the side of the road to talk and then just went home.

Wait. It just occurred to me that I did not remark about a particular word you used in one of your recent posts : GLAZE.

There we go.

Diane - Oh yeah, that's another good thing about having monthly loveliness. The part where you allow yourself to be irritated by anything, and then not have to feel too bad about scolding someone for nothing...Hey, the working at home thing sounds great!

Jen - I agree with Dana. Don't go doing something foolish like starve yourself! All your eating is probably your body's way to get back the stuff it used up with all that extra snow shoveling plus fighting a cold on top of it. If you're hungry, eat more - just eat clean. But for heaven's sake, don't starve yourself!

Robin - Hawaii sounds pretty good! I wouldn't mind one bit!...Oh yeah, rotten fruit in my village would be bad. Flies and cockroaches gather. They really do....It's good to hear that the doctors are keeping close watch on Greyor until he is really completely well enough to go home. I'm sure it will be soon!....OH!! I've just read your post that he DID indeed come home! YAY! Oh, how cute that he's all smiles. I'll bet everyone's all smiles! That's fantastic, Robin.

Arista - Sounds like you have a flying weekend set for you! YAY! Have a great time!...Oh, well, I don't mind if we all meet up in Hawaii or something.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb!! - (slight variant from Debbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb for excitement) How you been? Are you still doing your GS or are you so sick to death of them by now? LOL.

Terri - Have you been in contact with a lot of your classmates? Or will you be seeing many of them for the first time in 20?...Hey, if it's sugar-free pudding, wouldn't that still be all right for your sugar-free Lent?...LOL about the rat. We had pet rats at school (elementary school) and I played with them all the time (I know you guys are HUGELY surprised). They're super cute and I know it'll gross some of you out, but they're totally soft!

Okay, wow, I've so got to go now LOL.

Later! :7

Hey August- I'm up late tonite so I thought I'd check in-yes I am getting sick of gym styles and after all the talk I'v done about P90X I'm finally committing to starting it March 1-what rotation are you doing now?-are you done with my tummy blaster rotation yet? it did NOT blast my tummy, did it blast yours? Well Shelley and a couple of other people swear by P90X so I'll let you know what happens with that-I went to New York with my oldest daughter last weekend with her choir group-it was fun-
talk to you gals later--deb

Hiya, Deb! You still up? I had TOTALLY forgotten that you were going to start your P90X rotation! LOL! Gym Style still has you under its grip? I want to hear the report on if you like P90X and if Tony bugs you or not }( .

Your rotation half-a$$ version was fantastic! I really loved adding in abs, too, and it got me into a good habit to do them regularly. It may be my imagination, but I feel like my abs have a bit more Popeye to them. In fact, I woke up this morning with my hands on my abs, feeling them. I'm not even joking. LOL! I really was copping a feel in my sleep!

Thanks to your rotation I'm now totally back into lifting, and when cardio days roll around, I try my best to find a way to get out of them :D . I've pulled out my Pyramids lately. But on leg days, I've been doing a mixture of stuff that doesn't involve dreaded lunges and squats. I've been really liking this workout plan so far!

That's nice that you and your daughter had a fun time in NY for her choir group. That's great that the choir goes to perform like that.

Hiya-yeah I'm going to bed soon-I was just checking out the Fit Over Forty website-yeah, I was suppose to start P90X about 3 months ago (actually Jan. 1)-I forgot that the rotation morphed into the
half-@#$% rotation you turned it into LOL-I'm glad it's working for you-I'm actually doing less cardio now-i don't know what to make of it-I eat terrible and I know everyone says to eat clean-but I don't wanna-I will try the P90X and if that don't tighten me up and if I don't lose my jell bell then, I don't know what I'll do-I may have to go under the butter knife-ha,ha-I wish I could do surgery on myself in my kitchen-it would be cheaper-really --deb

>I'm actually doing less cardio now-i don't know what to make of it

LMAO! As if it's not under your control! LMAO!

Can you imagine what great things could happen if one were able to displace ones fat to where one would actually like to have it?

Morning August, Deb and all to follow.

Oh, August, that's a shame about your hair. I would expect better of a poodle. Greyor slept well last night and happily ate and went right back to sleep this morning. It's so nice to have him back home. My daughter and I are going shopping with a friend today for stuff for the bedroom I'm redoing. Greyor's dad and other grandparents are taking care of him. It will be a nice break for DD. I got up early this morning to check on Greyor and just stayed up and did housework. Now I can play for the rest of the day.

Deb, I can't wait to hear how you like P90X. I was suprised to hear Shelley say she loved it, because she had been kind of reticent while doing the rotation. I keep looking at it, then the price, and keep talking myself out of it. Maybe if Cathe doesn't come out with a new series soon, I'll just have to try Tony.

Today is a scheduled rest day, so I'm not doing anything more physical then walking through the mall.

Hi to Michele, Jen, Dana, Terri, Shelley, Diane, Mariah and any others who check in today.

Good morning!!

The sun is shining!! The sun is shining!! That's two days in a row!! Oh, you have no idea how this lifts my spirits :D. I'm going to get dressed and get out there. Yesterday I went to this little historic village not far from here (I may have mentioned it before...I go there a lot) and shopped and had lunch. It was so nice. The sunshine always makes me spend money :eek: :p :D. I found a bunch of sweet little Easter decorations that I couldn't resist and they make me smile like mad...cute little chicks and bunnies, and things with delicate little flowers...it's like bringing the sunshine indoors http://bestsmileys.com/sun/4.gif. My kitty is enamored of this particular little bunny in a basket and he's been batting it around the house--LMAO!

Now for the bad news. There is nothing but rain rain rain in the forecast for the next several days :-(

>>OH THE HORROR!!! THE HORRRROORRR!
I went to the hair salon and had my hair done. The salon is in Mr. Raccoon's department store, but it's actually Katrine the Poodle who works there. She asked me all sorts of questions on how I would like to have my hair done, and I told her that I was looking for something fancy and sparkly. And now my hair is in pig tails and is completely bleached white!! I look awful. And it cost me 3,000 bells, too. And she'll only do one treatment a day, so I'm going to have to suffer the entire day looking this way. Waaaa! Maybe I'll buy a hat.<<

http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

August, if you're not satisfied with your hair, Katrine the Poodle should fix it for free, that dirty dog! Maybe you could ask for someone else the next time. LMAO!

What!? Did you forget about KRISPY KREME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You drove around looking for donuts but didn't go to KRISPY KREME!?!?!?!?!? What ever are we to do with you? It's like I always say, "A donut a day keeps the gorging away". Go to KK today!

Robin, WOO HOO!!! I'm over the moon about your DGS coming home. I'm so relieved for all of you. The stress of having your DGS in the horsepistol is too much for anyone to bear. I hope you have a fantastic weekend!:)

{{{{{JEN}}}}}. You're being way too hard on yourself. You realize, don't you, that to say you "feel" fat on a given day is purely subjective. I've seen your picture and you're not fat. Maybe you felt fat because you were retaining water that day. You eat a lot of prepackaged, processed foods that I'm sure contain excessive amounts of sodium and things that make you retain water. That can definitely make you feel fat. Why don't you eat several servings of fresh fruits and veggies this weekend and see if that doesn't make you feel slimmer? You should buy a surplus of apples, oranges, and grapes, and some frozen berries (cheaper and last longer), along with some of your favorite crunchy vegetables like carrots, celery, bell peppers, and oh! get some jicama -- they're so juicy and crunchy and delicious. Try this and report back to me, kay? :) :*

Oh geez, I gotta go. I almost forgot -- I have to call my sister this morning, and I need to get out the door. Shelley, Dana, Diane, Arista, Mariah, Terri, Deb, and everyone else lurking -- have a GREAT WEEKEND!!! :* :* :*

Hello haters...well I think I am about officially to accept that I might have a touch of something, I don't want to but with the lack of energy I have this AM, something has to be going on. I didn't sleep well at all last night either, which I'm sure didn't help.

I have the worst DOMS in my butt & legs from B&G leg blast premix-the only other time I've had this from it was the first couple times I did that w/o, since then I've been fine. So, not sure if that is my body's way of punishing me for not being nice to it, LOL!!

I had KPC on tap for today...so, I drug my butt downstairs this morning & stared at it for a while...then I finally found the strength to actually put it in the DVD player...then I sat & stared at the menu for the DVD for a while...finally starting with the warm up- by the time I was done with the warm up I was already out of breath...which REALLY made me feel pathetic! So, I skipped the intensity drills(I had done them earlier this week) and went straight to the kicking/punching combos. I managed my way through all three, hit pause, did a 30 minute floor butt/thigh w/o, went back to do abs from KPC, and finished with the stretch. Somehow I made it through.

Now I am beyond warn out & need to eat something before hitting the couch. It is overcast, cold, and rainy here so guess it is a good day to not feel well if it has to happen.

August- So sorry to hear about your hair, hopefully it'll grow on you or you'll be able to raise more bells & be able to go back & get it fixed, 3,000 bells sounds like an awful lot for a hair cut & style!

Robin- Happy shopping!

Michele- The weather we are having this weekend must be heading your direction, today & tomorrow are supposed to be nasty days here. Enjoy your sunshine while you can.

Terri- Did you do Powerstrike this morning?

Dana, Diane, Mariah, Deb, Shelley- What do you guys have in store for the day?

Okay, off to eat & take a nap, will BBL since I don't think I have the energy or willpower to go much further than couch to computer, LOL!

Sorry to be such a downer the last couple days, will try my best to straighten up! :)

Jen-no problem-you are not such a downer-don't be hard on yourself-I'm impressed that you made it thru any workout-I have had so many days where I feel like not working out and then I not work out-so give yourself credit for getting thru it-hope you feel better soon--deb

Good morning/afternoon haters!

Jen - I agree with everyone else: Don't be so hard on yourself. I know that's easy for me to say to you, because I'm not in your shoes. But I do know that you are the most consistent exerciser I've ever had the pleasure of forum-ing with, and you always do these excruciatingly tough workouts that would kick anyone but Cathe's a%%. You are a real inspiration to me (I'm completely serious) and I hope to have guns (and willpower) like yours someday. You do a really great job on taking care of your body 99% of the time, so don't worry about the 1% of the time when you gain some water weight or whatever. It will come back off and you'll feel better soon, I know it.

I hope you have a great, relaxing day Jen. You deserve it!

Michele - Oooh, sunshine. I'm envious. I did a bunch of shopping yesterday too with my friend. It was so much fun! We drank plenty of wine and had dark chocolate. No cookies though. See how bad I am at following diets? I can't even follow the ETL Cookie plan.

Probably a good thing though!!

Robin - WOo-hoo! Greyor's home! That's so cool. And hey, you can get a pretty good workout walking through the mall! I did a couple strenuous miles in there yesterday. LOL

August - What does your character look like in this game (aside from the wretched bleached hair?) I'm sorry the poodle did such a bad job. You would think, a stylish dog like a poodle would have some sense... But then again, those poodles always look so silly at the dog shows.

Well, my friend and I had a blast yesterday. We drank too much wine, ate too much chocolate, and spent way too much money. Cest la vie! She went home this morning after we went and had breakfast. The thing that I love about my friend (aside from the fact that we've known each other since we were two and agree on nearly everything), is that she's a really healthy eater and inspires me to eat better. Like last night, we had salads and a breadstick for dinner. I would NEVER do that at an Italian restaurant. But we had mojitos with it and then went to see 'Music and Lyrics' and had a great time.

Too bad she now lives 2.5 hours away! Oh well, if she lived closer, I'd probably never get anything done!

Speaking of, I'd better get some homework done since I've been slackin. Mariah, Diane, Terri, Shelley, Deb, and Dana - Have a great day. BBL :)

Afternoon haters.

Arista, good to hear you and your friend enjoyed yourself. The distance between you and your friend probably makes you appreciate the time you spend together more than if she lived closer.

Jen, what everyone else has said, for Pete's sake. Sounds to me like you may need a day or 2 or even 3 to recover and get over whatever is dragging you down. I agree that you are very consistant with tough workouts, but sometimes it catches up with you.

Michele, we are having lovely sunshine today too. But tomarrow is supposed to be a snowy, rainy mess.

I had a great time shopping with my friend. She is so creative. I got curtains in a red, green and kind of khaki plaid, a beige plush comforter and 2 dark red pillow to accent the bed. I'll take the curtain and my friend to the paint store to pick out wall and woodwork colors. Then a trip or 2 to TJ Maxx for a green pillow, some wall decorations and an area rug or two. And everything was on sale! I love shopping when you find everything you want and it's all on sale. We are going out for Mexican with my friend and her DH. Hope you are all having a great day.

OR...
I used to say wouldnt it be cool, if one night you pigged out and ate a bag of potato chips and that equaled 1/2 pound weight gain and it popped as a sack hanging off your hip or a chocolate cake became a wart like thing on your nose. They would disappear in 5 mins but it would be such a reminder that what we eat turns into fat and i bet we would be reluctant to eat cake in the restaurant for dinner
LOL
Imagine a whole restaurant filled with people with fat bumps all over them

Hello haters...okay, I'm going to run as soon as I post so I don't get hit by all the things you guys throw at me...

After laying around for a few hours, then running a couple very small errands, and stopping by a friends to say hello, I came home & did the 37 min cardio premix of KPC, 10 min Arms & 10 min Stretch from the Great Body DVD from Beachbody... I know, I know... but I was feeling better & had some energy to get rid of!

Now I am showered again & going to relax the rest of the afternoon & evening so I don't get sick. I am feeling much better than I did this morning though, so that is good. The weather is such crap here today-it has been raining ALL day, seriously it hasn't stopped once. So, it'll be a good night to stay in & try to catch up on the sleep I missed last night, which I'm sure is why I felt worse this morning.

Robin- Sounds like you had a wonderful time shopping & yes finding everything on sale just makes the day! I love it when that happens. Mexican...I love Mexican food but don't eat it often b/c my tummy doesn't like it & gets mad at me & makes my life miserable for the rest of the evening, LOL!

Arista- Glad you had a good time with your friend, are you hung over today? I know I can't drink like I used to be able to! Now, if I go out & have more than 2-3 drinks the next day I am a complete bum and feel like crap. Thank you for the kind words...sometimes I wish I could relax more about my workouts & not be such a "slave" to them...I mean if I have to have an "addiction" of some kind working out is a good one to have but I wish I wasn't quite so hard on myself. Actually this forum has helped a little & hope it will continue to help, I realize that I'm not the only one who every once in a while needs an extra day off from working out. So, I am trying to be better!

Deb- Thanks for the kind words. What are you doing today?

Mariah- Your family in town? I bet you are having a grand ole time.

Okay, off to surf the net for a while, I will probably BBL!

Jen, darling, You don't need to try to be better at anything! You're perfect just the way you are. And I AGREE! I think an addiction to exercise is quite healthy. Its one of the only ways we can get free endorphins and serotonin without taking drugs or eating. You go girl!!

Robin - I love Mexican! Have you tried Arroz con Pollo? That's Ryan and I's favorite!! I don't think I could use enough exclamation marks to express my love for Mexican food. (I'm sorry you can't enjoy it Jen - but maybe that's a blessing... its not the healthiest food in the world!)

OK, next time I come back on the boards, I'll have gotten a workout done. Now, its off to get homework done. I swear. :+

Im not in the mood for ANY exersize tonite
but im gonna put on FIT TV's celebrity workout its supposed to be cardio and weights
I dont know if ill do the whole hour cause my psyche is just not into it but ill at least give it the best i can

Jen
Let me just say one thing about your "addiction" to exersize... In a way it is the same as an addiction to overeating or bulimic or anorexia it is a "control" issue and usually also an issue of poor self perception
I have a girlfriend who exercized so much her boyfriend finally stepped in and FORBID her to go under the weight she was at then. Now naturally she could do what she wanted but he began to see it as an impending problem.
Learn to love your body, Jen, You have a beautiful one, and dont allow your self to become so obsessed over exersize that you forget to see the beauty you already have

I third that motion! And while I know that I tend to be a really competitive person who has many addictive tendencies (food, alcohol, smoking, cleaning, just DOING things in general), its so important not to take yourself too seriously. Ryan reminds me of this constantly. Its just life. When you're old and wrinkly, you'll be glad you had more fun and took part in the really special stuff rather than worrying about the small junk.

Oh man, I was SO just talking to myself just now! Thanks for that wisdom Mariah.

OK, so NO workout tonight. I'm tired from my revelry over the weekend and really just want some down time. I'm going to lay on the couch and read a book - for PLEASURE!! aaah, is this really happening? I think so.

I hope you ladies all have wonderful evenings. I'm off to... do nothing. woo-hoo!!

:p :p :p :* :* :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.