Has anyone decided not TO ORDER THE NEW DVD'S

I was one of those people a few years back who loved advanced exercising in everyway. The longer, harder and heavier I could go, the better. When people would post things about wanting lower impact and easier choreography I would go crazy! I have sprained my back twice in the last few years ( not from doing Cathe tapes) and have some injuries from overexercising, that have made me starving for some tough, but low impact tapes that I like. I can still do Cathe weight tapes and still love them, but I have been waiting for a while now for some good lower impact tapes by her. We all know exercising is important for so many reasons, but I for one am just beginning to realize that all exercisers have different views and opinions on what they want to be "the next tape" made by Cathe. These kind of tapes are so important for people who are just starting out, are injured or older. It will get them into this wonderful process of exercise that we have all enjoyed for so long. Let Cathe make some of these tapes too, so everyone can enjoy her great style of teaching as they move up to the more advanced tapes. I started out with The Firm, which in my opinion is an easier format than Cathe, and worked my way up. If I would have started out with one of Cathe's tapes from the beginning I might have shelved it because it was too hard and never came back. Now people have an option with these beg/int tapes. They can come to her site for the first time and pick one of these and they are on their way. I would venture to say that more people are middle of the road exercisers than advanced. I think these will be great for every level.
I can't wait to try them,
Kate

I agree with Kathryn and Cathe. If this is a question for Cathe it sure is a funny way to phrase it. I think this should have been posted in the Video Questions and Comments forum. Heather

I find it funny how tacky people can be. Sometimes I think people expect a video to fit just their needs. I happen to love cardio and Cathe does a great job giving us variety. So if you don't care for cardio, don't order it. Do we expect Cathe to be a dynamo? How many vids do you expect her to crank out in a year. Personally, I'm still working on getting Bootcamp and ME. I am a pretty satisfied camper.:)

"I am a pretty satisfied camper.:)"

As am I. I have ordered every series (including Body Blasts) for the last four years (at least) and have been very satisfied. However, I wasn't sure that the dvds made for the high step were for me. I am eagerly awaiting her next series, whenever that happens. Just wanted to clarify my post above.

Well, I know I'm gonna love these 3 new DVDs because basically I hate complex step! And I'm also a cardio gal :) So thank you Cathe for the variety of workouts that you offer!

I would love to see more KPC type DVDs from Cathe!

That said, I did preorder all 3 of the new ones because my physical therapist finally said I can do step aerobics as long as I keep it to once per week. I have step blast, but I'd love something easier to be honest. I'm not really "dancy" so I like the idea of a beginner/int step and hope to work up to the advanced. I've just been so impressed with the quality of everything Cathe does I know I won't be disappointed.

Since I can only step once per week (this is forever, have a permenant knee problem) I'd love to see more like KPC and I too love the slow and heavy/pyramids type lifting DVDs. :)

I'm personally not too keen on endurance either. It's nice once in a while, but I would rather see non-step circuit than more endurance.

With my fiance being unemployed since June and us having to postpone our wedding date, I just couldn't in good conscience order the new series. But I was sooo tempted....

Beth

JoJo,
Thanks. Since I decided not to get the Firm Box and wait for the DVDs only, I think that I will invest in these along with KPC.

I just returned from a small trip for my anniversary. I preordered all of these. I am looking forward to having the exercises using tubing when I am out of town. I think they will be great when in a hotel or in our fifth wheel. I am sure you can add extra resistance for weights or more propulsions to the cardio. Actually I am going to be getting a ganglion cyst removed from my knee this Wednesday. I am hoping these will help me get back on track. As far as the last series I love them. I have not done the Super Sets or the Push and Pull as is though. I usually do the 3 sets lower and the 3 sets upper of push and pull and the blast sets on the SS. I lift as heavy as I can with these and have had great results with them. I would order any of Cathe's workouts. So far they have all been very useful for an all around effective workout.
Diane Sue

Good lord.. what a poor way of asking a question... and what response do you hope to get?

Hello - there are different tapes for different people???? Agree with others.. your question was poorly asked - tacky... what ever the others said.

BB is a wonderful series and great for the lower body - I think you said that was a focus area...

I preordered these DVDs also and I can't wait to get them. These workouts are different than what Cathe has put out to date and that's the reason why I ordered them. The fact that these moves are compound moves will make them challenging. Plus, the tubing makes for a tough workout.

What I don't understand is why people want the same type of workouts that Cathe has already produced. Please don't take this wrong, but for me personally, the reason why I buy each new series is because they are different from her earlier workouts. I honestly think that this is what Cathe is striving for with each new series.

With this said, the only workout I think Cathe can produce again and make it entirely different than the original workoutis her PUB workout. I would like to see this workout in a true pyramid style without her supersetting the exercises.

I gotta say that I am absolutely psyched for these. ALL of them . I do mostly int and adv workouts, many of them Cathe's, but the intermediate workouts here look to be so easily modifiable to other equipment ,as well as to heighten the intensity, that I have only looked more forward to them since seeing more and more pics, and the video clips (I ordered before any pics/clips). I ordered blindly, feeling that I need more workouts that incorporate AWT/compound work, as well as resistance bands- since they work me unlike weights do - from the descriptions, I decided that I could just modify up. I'm no choreo queen, so I don't mind the easy cardio choreo, I know that I can always adjust my step or use my Bosu in place of it for added intensity. I am really excited for these workouts.

I upgraded yesterday after reading this thread and seeing the clips, I am so excited to receive all of them.
Sherry

You know how long it took me to preorder.... just long enough to whip out my credit card, aren't I terrible?

I am looking forward to these, I am trying to get my mother and my sister to workout at home (they used to be in great shape from activities, but for reasons beyond their control they cannot go out and be active as much as they used to)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.