Hardcore Honey's Maniac Fitness Check In 2/23/2007

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Weighted portions only from both Cardio Step & Pump and Hi/Lo Pump followed by the blast segment from Fat Burning Bar Method (ab/butt focused). I also did 30 minutes of Rebecca Small's Step Revolution adding some propulsions, jumps, hops for intensity (so much fun....but I still don't have it all down). I only did 3 combos and the third one is the most fun combo I"ve ever done...love her. Must practice this one lots! I also did Shiva Rea's Solar Flow Yoga from the Matrix....I did Namskar 1 & 2, Dancing Warrior 4, Standing Flow Pose 1, Shoulder Openers, Supine poses x 2 and then I paused and did Plough, Shoulderstand and spinal twists followed by Shavasana (50"). Total workout (minus the yoga) was 1 hour 57" and I burned about 560 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Deb - Thanks for the GH info. I bet your happy Lulu is alive and well. Her boyfriends are funny. Darn..I really wanted to see Sonny and Carly get back together. Darned DH!!

Meg - where have you been? Are you okay?

Jen - sorry ...I'm not the person to ask for diet advice. I'd die eating that many calories. I tend to eat too many calories. I'm sure others will have good advice though. Diet is the HARDEST thing for me. I love doing the workouts.....but that darned diet is a pain!

Hi to everyone else. I'll be back later. Got some things to do around here.

ETA: That Amy Bento weight workout was pretty good together like that. I've done it before and didn't think it was tough.....it was pretty tough today. I liked the combo. Too much equipment to carry out though!! as always with her and Cathe.

Deb - I wondered the same thing yesterday when the wind started whipping thru here! It's nasty again....down to 7 tonight.

I tell ya.......last week's Ghost Rider is really ruining this weekend for movies. Not to offend anyone that wants to see this......BUT who the heck wants to see Astronaut Farmer??? yuk! the rest aren't that great either!

Debbie,

So have fun with your deliveries. Sun is shining here. Hope it will go fast for ya.

I don't know what the weather is suppose to be like. Weather.com seems to not be working. Last I checked it said it was 6 degrees when it is about 40. Weird. I usually can't sit in front of the tv long enough to wait for the weather report.

Lora,

I don't want to see a movie about a Astronaut Farmer..Egads!!!! lol. I think we seen all the ones we want to see for now. Good luck at the movies this weekend or will you go?

Charlotte~~

Charlotte,

I knew I would find you here. Just a quick question....how did you like your Daughtry CD??? It is growing on me. I was just hoping for more of a 10 years, Pearl Jam, STP, type of sound. My sister loves it though. She loves the 80's hair band type of music. (She is 35, but looks 18!). I like more of the 90's alternative stuff.

Cya!
Sara

I was hoping for the same too....more intense, harder, etc. cuz I think he is capable of more. It is too light for me, but I do like a few of the songs. I have been really listening to Godsmack lately. I like 90's too...Nirvana, etc.

You should do more then just stop by, why not join us here?

Charlotte~~

Charlotte- you got that Daughtry CD? My DH wants that. He likes that kind of music (more than me).

Where is everyone today? Partying cuz it's Friday?

Lora,

I will burn it for you then for your hubby and you and add on Moon Baby by Godsmack..you gotta here that one too. I will do it today. Always reminds me of you and your lunar oils. lol

Any of you Maniacs going on the Road Trip this year? Just wondering.

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs! Today is a weight workout from "New Rules of Lifting". It's cold here too. We had a storm last night. Left my window open and felt the nice cool breeze all night. Then, in drifted the skunk aroma and that ruined the ambience. LOL!

Suz- You funny girl. Always thinking like me. I almost decided to do BFL lifting, but then changed to NRL, cuz I haven't tried Alwyns workouts before. Wanna do NRL with me?:) I'm loving the freedom of only committing to 2 full-body (you can do more if you want) workouts a week. I fill in with any cardio I want (will be great for biking season), and I've done a ton of Yoga this week. I'm also adding in some short HIIT on weight days. I'm sure I won't build any muscle, but really, I just want to maintain for now and get some of this winter fat layer off.

sarab- I've listen to Daughtry and I think for his first album it's pretty darn good. I bet his next will be more alternative sounding... at least I hope. He's so good at that.

Char-We switched weather again. What's up with that?

Debbie-Enjoy your Avon day!

Lora- Let us know what you think of Daughtry when you get it.

Gotta run...Tea is whistling!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hi Maniacs!!

No...not partying...I wish. Last night I was on my elliptical for 45 minutes. So far I love it! Can't wait to add the CC's in.

Debbie...I'll order cc 1 or 2 that should give me a good idea of the workouts.

Dallys...I like the idea of mixing it up with p90x occassionally.

Janie, I'm gonna mix up that starter for the first time tonight. You are cracking me up with the Marcy machine...tell me again how you came up with that name.

Jen...calories...I give. I ate a ton of crap over vacation at least 2500 cals a day and didn't gain an ounce, so I'm not restricting myself anymore. I usually eat between 12 and 1500 but I am a tall girl...5'11" and really should eat more than that. so I have no idea other than saying sometimes restricting too much throws you into starvation mode and your body tries to conserve. So, finding the right balance is not easy.

I think I will do legs and back tonight with my elliptical.

Yeah...where is meg??? Hope she is well...!!
Hi to everyone I missed. Hopefully BBL.

Amber

Bionics,

Always smell skunk around here. No need to have windows open..comes in anyways. YUCK! You poor thing though. Always wakes me right up in my sleep.

Enjoy the tea.

Meg?

Charlotte~~

Good Morning!
Dont know what I want to do today been doing Imax 3 ME, Imax Extreme, DM this week, any suggestions on what I should do today. This month is Muscle endurance for me.
Thank you
Randi

Hey guys. Been a rough morning here today.

Lora- I know you are awaiting my reviews of my new WO's, but I promise I will get to them. Just got alot going on right now, and fitting in a WO has been difficult at best.
I know that doesn't sound like me, but life has been pretty much upside down.
I am glad to see that all of you are doing well though.
I hope to be back later.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Mornin, Maniacs,

Char, won't be able to make the road trip this year.;(

Lora, Great workout!

Debbie, have a good rest day and enjoy your Avon deliveries.

Cya, do join the forum with us. Would love to have another face here.

Amber, can't wait to hear how you are progressing along with your first starter. Please update from time to time. I bet you can't wait for the finished product.:9

I've been looking for a Smith Machine for a while. Suz told me to look in her picturetrail on what hers looks like. She also told me I could get one at Sam's Club. So I went on Sam's site. They have one just like hers, and it was called Marcy Smith Machine. I know, not very orignial of me., but man I do love her.

Dallys, let us know how your workout went today.

Suz, The Marcy Smith Machine came with a folded large paper with photos on how to do the exercises, but I have a feeling there is more to it than that. If there is, will you name some you have learned other than the ones that are on the paper? Or perhaps take me to a site where they have that information. Can you do chin ups? Also, there is a huge bar. Is that for hunk type weight lifting? I love this machine, and already my husband or I have used it everyday since he set it up. I still can't thank you enough.

Randi, great workouts. I'm betting someone here will help you with a rotation for endurance. I would, but I'm still learning that process.;-)

Will post later after I do Back Biceps and shoulder from Gym Style workout and Marcy.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Okay, I will join!! (Thanks Charlotte!)

I have to admit though, I have been anything but a hardcore fitness maniac!!! Although, I want to be one!!!!!

Ds started kindergarten this year and he has had illness after illness. So far this month, he has brought home strep (twice), colds (one after another), and the wonderful, lovely stomach flu. Poor thing has been to the dr more than school. I am giving him probiotics everday, multivitamin with extra c, and airborne jr. It doesn't seem to do any good. He passes these illnesses to his brother and sister so there is constantly a sick child in this house! Therefore, my workouts (and sleep) suffer!

I look forward to getting to know you all better. (Don't worry if you don't post everyday...I am probably cleaning up vomit or taking somebody to the dr!)

Sara

Hey guys
I ended up doing Boot Camp core only premix then kickbox premix, upperbody premix then Kick max just the combos then Body max 2 bonus cardio and the blast part but skiped the leg workout. I'm tired and sweaty so i better get in the shower:)
Randi

Meg- no....I'm not just waiting to hear from you for a review!! I know how it is to get new stuff and not get to it for a long time. Heck, I have a whole box of stuff I've not done yet!! Sorry....didn't mean to sound like I was pressuring you. I hope things calm down for you soon.

Welcome - to the new person..........gee....I've forgotten you're name already and I can't see the posts above me now. Look forward to getting to know you. Good luck with your sick kids.

Randi - you gonna go see Ghost Rider this weekend? You won't regret it! It's awesome.

Everyone's quiet again today......partying, huh??

Hey Sara! Great! Glad your joining us. It is alright if you come and go as most of us do. I don't have small children anymore, but dogs and they keep me busy. I have to hold one in my arms to feed her as she was abused. My FIL's dogs while he is away.

Well getting ready to workout here. I am doing biceps and back on my own. My neck and shoulder is still not right so I got to be careful. Last night was the best sleep night I have had in a few days.

Be back to report later.

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs! My day might turn into a rest day. My sister called and wants to go out for a late lunch. I'll see how I feel when I get home.

Sarab- Glad you decided to join. I'm anything but hardcore lately. I'm more Mediumcore because of some injuries. Hope you kids get better soon. Poor things.

Char-Looks like you are being careful with your workouts too. Don't injuries suck? Where's a picture of the gazillion poodles?

Meg-Hope your days gets better as you go along. Don't sweat the workouts when life gets in the way.

Randi- Great workout as usual.

Janie-Enjoy your gymstyle workout. Have fun with Marcy!:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.