Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sun March 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Hip Hop Abs Level 2 Fat Burning Cardio for 45 minutes and then I did Slide Board aerobics on my board listening to music. Total of 70" of cardio and burned 491 calories. It felt tough to get thru that workout. Whenever I take a rest day, I never feel stronger the next day -- I usually feel even more fatigued. What does that mean? Does it mean I need another rest day or that I just don't do well taking a rest day. My legs are fatigued as heck today..........they do feel moreso after the sliding....but they already felt toasty prior to it. I think I may have a touch of a stomach thing also...as I was up in the middle night with some stomach distress.

I also did Baron Baptiste's Soul of Strength Power Yoga.

Have great workouts everyone. I've got hair colour in my hair.....so I can't stay and chat right now. I'll be back after my bath.

Good Morning, ladies! I should be around today. I got all my errands done yesterday, including the usual Sunday morning grocery store run, so today is free for cleaning & lounging around.

Last night before my workout (insert happy booty shake here :)) I previewed the Janis Saffell/Scott Cole DVD I got yesterday. I had no idea it was a CIA workout. Their covers always look so different. It was pretty interesting. The music wasn't horrble and was actually decent in some places. It is similar to an interval WO, where you do intervals of "fast" tai chi, bringing the heart rate down and then some kickboxing to bring it up. It was taught in tag-team style with Janis teaching the kickboxing and Scott teaching the Tai Chi. There is a short leg strengthening segment at the end. The class was mixed with guys and girls but they had all the guys at the back of the room, so you didn't see much of them. I used to have an old Reebok DVD that featured Lisa Gaylord and I loved the Tai Chi warm up and cool down so I think I may like this DVD. Janis and Scott seemed very close during this WO-they were very touchy/feely and he even kissed her on the cheek at the end of the workout. That's the first time I have seen that in a video. I know she's married another kickboxer (last name Gomez and can't remember the first name) and I hope to see her as touchy/feely with him in that video or else!!

Lora-The only thing I can think of as far as the muscle fatigue would only be a theory and not anything I have read anywhere or have any science to back up. The Cathe calendar for this month says: "Get stronger...then rest longer! When it comes to training like an athlete, your rest days are just as important as your training days. Rest is when your body recovers and grows muscle...remember the more muscle the body has the more overall calories it burns, even at rest. But going way beyond it's calorie burning benefits, rest days are when you regenerate new tissue cells, replenish your energy stores, rejuvenate your spirit and restrict overtraining." My theory is that maybe you've grown more new muscle tissue and it fatigues more rapidly since it is new and maybe not as strong as what you already have. That would be a good Ask Cathe question. I also get more fatigued after a rest day but Cathe definately explains their importance. I would say then that maybe it's not an indicator of needing more or no rest days but that you are exactly where you need to be by taking one-it's working....you've grown new muscle! Just my humble theory. I will certainly eat humble pie if this is not really the way it is.

No idea what's on tap today......but I know it should be HIP HOP ABS!! I just got it and it's already gathering dust!

Have a great day & I'll talk to ya' later!

Jen

Jen - thanks for the theory. I'm not sure what's up with me. Go for it and do Hip Hop Abs........if you saw the infomercial, you'd do it. You really have to concentrate to move and tilt, tuck tighten at the same time, but I felt it in my abs today....until we got to the end and he threw this move I'm not too coordinated at in! If you follow Shaun and the higher impact people, you should get a good cardio workout. HE does it interval style (slighlty). My high HR was 153-155 and my lower rate was 130-140's. Not bad for dancing!

Where is everyone?

Morning Maniacs! Today was NROL Fatloss 1.

Here the scoop: 75 sec. rest between sets.

*Superset
Squat 3x15x47
Cable seated row 3x15x50
*Superset
Supine hip extension 3x15xbw
DB shoulder push press 3x15x12
*Superset
Rotaional lunge 3x15x12
Swiss ball crunch 3x15xbw

Followed by 10 treadmill run, 7 min. HIIT 4mph and 6mph
Followed by Yoga shatki's Forward bends and twists and Sarya Meditation.

Workout was 1 hr. 1/2

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Today's workout was Back & Biceps. Isolation exercises first then compounds but without machines I just did the best I could with the isolations. 2 minutes rest:

Back:
Pullups: 6/4/4 (not sure whats going on here, I was up to 8 and now I'm down to 6 again. Makes me mad!)

Pullovers: 40# - 3 sets/10 reps

Incline Dumbbell Rows: 32's - 2 sets/10 reps

T-Back Squeeze: Purple band - 2 sets/18 reps (1 min. rest)

Biceps:
Concentration Curls: 30# - 1 set/6 reps; 25# - 1 set/9 reps; 1 set/8 reps

Incline Alt. Dumbbells Curls: 27's - 1 set/7 reps; 25's - 1 set/8 reps

Barbell Curls: 50# - 2 sets/8 reps

Reverse Wrist Curls: 12's - 3 sets/10 reps (1 min. reset)

Went up with weights in most exercises from last. Had a pretty good workout but felt out of sorts doing it so late.

Everyone must be busy today. We went to see that movie Wild Hogs. It was pretty funny and well done. The theatre was packed.

Jen - I feel bad that you have time to chat today and nobody's around. Usually this place is busy. Glad to see you here and in better spirits.

Dallys - How are you liking your rotation? That's from a book, correct? The New Rules of Lifting? What premise is it based on? or is that too broad of a question.

Deb - Welcome back......didn't you go on a trip this weekend. Good workout.

Toasty - where are you????? DH hogging the computer?

Diane Sue - I hope you're feeling okay.

Debbie- great workout! 2 min. rests is a long time. I had a hard time today with 75 sec. LOL! I need to get used to it. Not sure what's going on with the pullups? Maybe you are getting better at form and fatiguing muscles sooner? No clue.

Lora- Yes, I'm doing "New rules of lifting" from the book. Supposedly, for "fatloss", full-body workouts (both upper and lower in same workout) are better than a split of upper and lower. For fatloss, Alwyn says it's better to do non-efficient type workouts (meaning, your body won't adapt and get good at it, going from totally different muscle groups like squat to back or lunge to crunch as opposed to 2 chests or opposeing chest to back for example) and keep your body working to figure it all out (Note-these are my words). His workouts have a different approch for muscle building and strength gain, more of a efficient type workout. His strength and Hypertrophy( muscle building) workouts look very good as well. I'm liking the freedom of not following the consrictions of a DVD and rocking to my own tunes.:) I know you don't like that, but really, it's kind of nice and relaxing in away.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Evening Maniacs!!!

Checking in late. Took a rest day today. Bummed out. FIL decided to put a offer on the house he had his eyes on for months now. Waited too long. We found out this morning another offer was made, and deal done yesterday...earlier in the day. FIL proscratinated too long on this and dh told him so. Dh has really been trying to help him find other homes to look at now...6 for this week. If he doesn't find one in that 6 then he could be here another few months. Anyone have any wine or maybe I should drink some Jack?

You all have been getting in some good workouts.

Debbie,

Way to go with the curls......OUTSTANDING!!!!! You certainly brought it today.

Bionics,

Nice mixture of workouts. SHould have done some yoga today. Probably needed it.

Lora,

See, I am here. I am wearing HOM today. Wore Snow Moon yesterday..smells so much like Wolf Moon, don't you think? Everyone loves loves Flower Moon, including myself. I ordered some soaps...Dorian, Miskatonic and Snake Oil. Yeah, no like Snakey Oil, but in soap, might.

Oh my gosh-what a quiet day on the thread! Here go the personals....

Lora-Wild Hogs! LOL! I have not even heard of it! What was it about?

Dallys-I like how you added Yoga Shakti segments to the end of your WO. I gotta' borrow that concept! Never seem to think of it! DOH!

Deb-Awesome WO as usual-especially biceps...you are super maniac strong there! I go through your WO in my mind when you list it out...it just goes blank at the biceps, though cause I can't even fathom it! :)

Meg-I am so hoping you check-in tonight. Dying to hear all about the fellow Cathes you met!

My WO tonight was Turbo Jam Cardio Party # 2 followed by Hip Hop Abs Ab Sculpt. This was my first time doing Hip Hop Abs and it was okay. It will be awhile until I get used to it. It started out with a fun factor of about 3 or 4, but got to about a 6 by the end. I tried this one first out of the series because I like sculpting much better than cardio and thought it would be easier to pick up if I started with it. I think I have a new worst nightmare-which is having a tape of me doing this workout surface on You Tube. Must get black-out curtains for the workout room-pronto!!! :)

Night ladies!

Jen

OOOOhhhhhhh...I want margaritas too! Ask to check my ID and that will really make me feel good, too! :)

Char-Sorry about all the FIL fustration! Cheers to you for being the trooper that you have been!

Jen

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1122/5019858/15503866/235328372.jpg
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1122/5019858/15503866/235328315.jpg

Hello!!
Had a fabulous time!!! I saw some FDNY in action!!!!!! OMG they are sooooooo HOT!!!!!!!!! I was in HEAVEN!! Caught some giving me the eye if you know what I mean!! I need to move to NYC so I can be one of those guys!
I loved NYC. Amy and Nancy are beautiful people and their husbands are great!
I hope we can have a GTG soon too! It would be just as much fun!
I did walk ALL over Manhattan yesterday, so I am counting that as a WO LOL! I even have DOMS!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I had another rest day today. I will try to get back into my routine tomorrow. I am still feeling nausea. I took my grandson to church this morning then this evening dh and I went to dinner and to see th Hornets play basketball. We had seats up front behind all of the computer screens so had a great view of everything going on.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.