Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2021

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I didn't see anyone starting us off this month.

SBF D50 TB Barre = 30 min + stretch = 20 min and walk is done.

Can't believe it's already March. BBL

Wow, it's March already, I can't believe it. I will be 55 this month. :oops: Where is the time going?

After a weekend of pain in my left arm and lower back I decided to just walk on my treadmill today. Sick of it. I see my family doctor next week for a wellness check and I think I will ask for a recommendation on where to go to get a shoulder xray or MRI. Something isn't right. Now my tricep hurts all the time, WTF??? I need to get this checked out. If they can rule out arthritis and/or a shoulder issue, then it has to be muscular. After laying on a heating pad Saturday night I was much better yesterday, but still, there is always some sort of pain going on there. Need to figure out what I have to do so I can get back to working out.

Diane - Thanks for all that you typed about what Kelly said to someone else. I've (you as well) have done all of that and I am not finding any relief. I've stopped lifting, stopped kickboxing (for the most part) and still I am in pain. I hate to do it but I really need to get an xray or something. I can't believe how much my tricep hurts now after using my therapy ball to massage it. This makes me wonder why, a simple massage should not give you pain like this is for me. Great job with your workouts this weekend!!

Have great workouts everyone! Sorry I don't have much time for personals today.

Quick check and I need to get busy. Grandson is in reading class online right now and I have an inspector for outside here. At least I hope he is outside as we have someone coming to check the floor ducts this afternoon. I hate all of the moving stuff! No packing yesterday. I went to church, family birthday here, and then went to see my son's new house they are moving into.
My workout today was Raw hi/lo step 38 minutes, heart rate 119/158, 173 calories, 3,643 steps. I then did CDorner abs on the ball #154, 20 minutes, 28 calories, 87 steps. Total time was 58 minutes, 201 calories, 3,643 steps.

Debbie, it may be that you need to go get it checked just so you know what you are dealing with. For me I know I have some of the problems because of the different forms of arthritis I have and the narrowing in my neck and upper spine. I also have had doctors track some areas in my back every few years. It has been awhile, but had improved. So, I think I am working around some of that. It is discouraging to say the least and for me to keep in the best shape I can I have to work around it.

Belinda, March has come around really fast. It seems like we just got through Christmas and it is almost spring. Nice work this morning.

I am back from being off line for the last 3 days, I needed a break and it felt great. I have been doing some awesome walks at the beach the last 3 days because it is 75 degrees and beautiful. I feel amazing!

Saturday, Walk at the beach, 3 miles, 490 calories.
Sunday, walk at the beach with husband, 7 miles burned 1120 calories
Monday, 4.5 mile walk at the beach and burned 801 calories. I saw dolphins today as well as sea lions. The water is so blue I feel like I am in Hawaii.

I got a new car last night and I love it. I ended up getting the Mazda cx-9 loaded, a blue grey exterior color with red leather interior. It looks so sporty and European, I love it.

Everyone is doing awesome for their workouts!!!

Debbie, I sure hope you get to the bottom of your issue, this sucks.

Running late today, I will catch up tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day.

Reactions: WD
Hello- GHUTV Pyramid Power Kickboxing this morning. 6 exercises, add one each round up to all 6, then reverse order and subract one each round. Alternating kickbox moves with strength moves. I loved it. I am consistently surprised by the workouts on this channel! I couldn't do them all the time but this was a great upper body/cardio workout for this morning.

My daughter is now scared to come home... not sure how we're going to make it through this...

This morning I did RAW Hi Lo: Step, love that workout, so fun and no boxing moves. I really wish Kelly would do more of those type of workouts. I really enjoyed it the 2nd time around (I did this one last week) because I knew the steps way better. Fun stuff. Feeling ok today. I'm good as long as I'm not sitting. Sitting kills me. I wonder why? I ordered a new chair for work which I should get today, but anything I sit on for a long period of time gives me pain. The car, my couch, my kitchen chair. Need to figure out what is going on.

Workout was 39 minutes, burned 259 calories, did 3873 steps and HR was 127/161.

Diane - I'm not even sure what I need to have the doctor look at? So many areas around my left side hurt - shoulder, upper back and right below my rib cage, triceps, elbow. It is a domino effect I think. I'll see what she says but if I know my doctor, she won't have a clue. Anyways, I would like to try one of CDorners ab workouts, is the one you did yesterday good?

Jolie - Are you still having back pain? I noticed you have only been walking, hope you are ok. You got some great mileage in this weekend, though, wow!! Nice going!!! Awesome on the Mazda, I just googled it. Beautiful!!!

Roselyn - Nice workout yesterday!!

Belinda - Nice job on your walk this moring and SBF!!

Doreen - I am so sorry to hear your daughter is having such issues. I will keep her in my prayers. Why doesn't she want to come home? Hugs to you. The workout you did sounds like a blast!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Today I did CDorner Step & Strength intervals cardio/legs/abs 58 minutes, 190 calories, heart rate 90/135, 4,039 steps. She uses a dumbbell for one segment. The rest is all body weight. I was hoping Fitbit would do better. They did have an update two days ago.
I also did CDorner Mobility Routine full body from 6 days ago, 27 minutes, 24 calories, 46 steps.
Total time was 85 minutes, 214 calories, 4,063 steps.

Doreen I feel so sad for your family and your daughter. It is hard when your heart aches for a child and you feel helpless. My prayers are going out for you.

Debbie, sitting is not good for me either. I had terrible pain start up every time I have went out and had to sit in the car while people viewed the house. I hate riding in the car. I don't sit in my new chair much. Just stand and sit on a bar stool with a pillow behind my mid back to help me sit up tall and straight.
I have brought up things over the years with doctors without much success. The one I use now is in the same office, knows my daughter and her best friend. She happens to have Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms as well, but tests negative same as me. She recognized the problem in my hands. Her knuckles are pushing up. She sent me to the arthritis center. So that is how I arrived there. I think though that she expected me to pick the doctor that seems to be the head of the whole thing who is the one my daughter in law and Dr see. I did not understand that was the expectation when I took the one I have. But, the main one reads the MRIs and test results and stuff. I have more than just RA though. A list of things after all of the x rays, mris and dexa scans. I hope you can find someone that can help.
I wish Kelly would get more workouts like that one too. I am so tempted to do a kickboxing again, but keep putting it off. My neck and shoulders are sore right now and I think it is lifting heavy boxes. Even my low back is achey .

Belinda, great that you got your workout in. I don't think I would like timed planks at this point. Years ago I would hold planks for a long time with two 5# ankle weights on my back!

Doreen - poor thing! I will keep your DD in my prayers (((HUGS)))

Debbie - glad you will see your doctor. It's been going on for too long. You probably need an MRI. Sorry you are in such pain.

Jolie - great job yesterday.

Roselyn - great job yesterday.

Diane - Suzanne did different variations for planks. I did some on my bosu and some on the floor. Luckily her ab workouts are short. I think that one was 17 min. LOL, I am not holding any weight on my back.

Good morning! This morning I did CDorner's #93 Fun Basic to Intermediate Step Aerobic Class. Fun stuff, she just kept adding to the step segments and then put it altogether at the end. I had fun and really enjoyed it. She is a great cue-er - really like her way of teaching the step moves.

Workout was 46 minutes, burned 294 calories, went 4737 steps and HR was 121/156.

Diane - My issue sounds so much like yours it's uncanny. Do your triceps hurt too? My left one is having issues, that is for sure. Not sure what to do to get the pain to go away. It's not bad right now but after I sit for a while it will start throbbing. My knuckles on my hands are getting big, especially on my pointer fingers and my thumbs hurt a lot. I can hardly open a jar anymore. :( Hate this. Great job with your workout, that one sounds fun! ETA: You're in TX right? How do you feel about the mask mandates being dropped. I have mixed feelings about it and if it happened here I'm not sure what I'd do. Just curious on what you think about it.

Belinda - Thanks! It's getting old, let me tell you. Some days I'm great, others I am in constant pain. Not fun.

Roselyn - Good job with your HiiT workout!

Doreen - Hope your daughter is doing better. So sad she is going through this. And you as well.

Jolie - Hope you had a good rest day yesterday!

Have a great workout everyone!!!

Last edited:
Good morning,

Walk and SBF D52 LB Mat Pilates plus LB Mat w/Band is done.

Doreen - keeping you and your DD in my prayers!

Debbie - I hope you will find out soon what is causing your pain. So sorry you are going through so much pain and for so long.

Diane - SB did planks for 30 seconds to 1 minute at a time. She showed modifications. Sorry you also dealing with so much pain.

Did any of you had a chance to read to the ebook I posted the other day? I really would like to get your input on what you all think.

Happy Hump Day.

Today is a rest day, my feet are tired and I just think it would be a good idea to regroup. My back is feeling better, I have a follow up appointment on Thursday morning just to fix a few things that are hurting but other than that I am A OK. With that said, I have not been lifting hardly at all lately and I think that is why I am recovering and feeling better. I am going to do Upper Body tomorrow so I will see what that does to my back and neck. I may start doing Upper Body 1 day a week and cardio the rest of the week, I want to use my elliptical, rowing machine and walk a lot outside once the weather is looking warm every day. I really do not miss lifting at all, but I do not want to see what would happen to my body if I didnt lift :( I always wanted to be muscular and cut, but now I just want to be thin and live pain free. How we evolve as we age.

Debbie, I have a really hard time sitting as well. That is why it took me so long to find a car in my price range that the seat would not kill my back. The car I got has great bigger seats and that is making a big difference. Nice job on the workout today, that is great that you have workouts you can do without hurting yourself. I get it with what you are saying about not knowing where the pain is coming from, what is causing it. My Chiro is really good at finding the issue for me, so I am thankful. My issue stems from child birth, my first delivery damn near killed me and the baby and I have never been the same. I have nerve damage where I got 2 epidural shots in my spine and that causes so much pain. But, that is the way it goes!

Belinda, I am happy you got to get outside for a workout today! Doesn't sun and warm weather just boost your mood? I love it.

Doreen, nice workout today. Wow about your daughter, I wonder why she is scared to come home? She doesn't trust herself or is she that lonely feeling? Didn't school go back into session where you live? I will pray for her and your family. Times are so tuff lately, the world is really getting weird.

BBL to read your posts for the day.

Enjoy the day!

I forgot to post my post yesterday! The one above is my post from yesterday. Today I did a quick Upper Body workout, my own circuit, nothing big just wanted to do something instead of nothing. It did bother my right shoulder a bit, I think it is facia and needs to be broken up. I will have my Chiro look at it and possibly have some laser work done on it while I am there tomorrow.

Debbie, fun step workout today, I wish I could do those types of workouts but I get so dizzy. Strange that you and Diane seem to be going through the same issues with your bodies? If you all go back about 10 years ago on the forums, you girls were doing some serious workouts!!! I always tried to keep up with you on the weights and could never come close :) I see all these young girls on social media lifting so heavy and want to tell them to be careful, you will pay for this later!

Diane Sue, sorry you are dealing with so much pain! This is getting crazy, all of us seem to be suffering in some way.

Belinda, great job on the workout today. It is cold here and going to rain today so no walk outside :( If feel so good when I walk outside, especially walking beside the ocean. All of those negative IONS do wonders for the soul :)

Doreen, I hope your daughter is in better spirits today. Thinking of you and praying for your family.

Going to get my hair colored today, I look really bad lately!

I wont workout tomorrow, going to my Chiro first thing in the morning.

Today I did Kelly Raw Megamix #1 , 50 minutes(45 actual), 172 calories, heart rate 102/148. I cant get the steps yet as the Fitbit App is not working right. I have shut down my cell phone multiple times this morning trying to get Fitbit to sync everything right. I followed this with CDorner Lets stretch from one day ago, 30 minutes, 35 calories, heart rate 76/96. Total time was 80 minutes, 207 calories. I really have to get packing. We went to the new house yesterday as they were having the inspection. I cleaned last night because when they scoped the air ducts here, which were fine, it left dust all over every thing. We are all coughing. The guy said it usually settles for 2 or 3 days. The only room that was not covered a lot was my bedroom where I have the air purifier. I got to bed late again and no packing done.
School work in progress right now. I will be back in a little while. I did read posts, but need to shower and set my grandson up for some work while I shower.

Coffey FIt Raw Megamix # 1 45 minutes 3/3/20 This uses loop band, tubing, a kettlebell, and optional egg weight for the boxing . All of it is standing work. Muscle definition and calorie burn.
2 sets of each exercise
warm up
boxing egg weights (1# dbs me)
loop band side steps
tubing biceps curls with run curls
kettlebell swings 15 or 20#
boxing egg weights
loop band lower standing moves
tubing scapular pulls singles and pulses
tubing bent over kickbacks
alternating kettlebell swings
boxing egg weights
loop band side to side leg lift single and doubles
tubing chest pec deck and bench press with knee up alt. all standing
kettlebell figure 8's I did one set with 20 and one with 15#
cool down boxing then stretch

Belinda, nice workouts. I would not use weights on my back anymore. I used to try for 90 seconds for planks with the weights.

Debbie, I know what you mean, as so many of your symptoms are very similar. My hands used to swell and turn purple sometimes around a couple of the joints. For some reason supplements have helped with that. Maybe the gout? My middle finger gets stuck in the curled position when I try to do some things and I have to pry it back open which hurts. I am not having problems with my triceps. It is the front of my shoulders that hurt. When I was going to pt it hurt all the way down my arm across my elbow and stopped at my wrist. It hurt so bad I could not sleep at all. I had to stay on my back with my arm straight to my side for short bouts of sleep. Right now I still deal with it, but it is worse some days than others and is mainly in the front of my shoulder. Although they told me there is a nerve along there. When I had to make the long drives to and from my grandson's school at that time I had took a pillow and when I would stop at stoplights I would try to do a move they called the nerve glide, basically touch my hand to my chest and then turn my arm and stretch straight out and back with my palm like it was going to touch a wall. That relieved it for a few minutes. I did get help with that with the therapy. I get pain around my where my wrist and thumb is and the bones seem to jut out there, left much worse than the right. They took x rays of my hands as well as knees and feet. MRI for neck and shoulder. I also have the scapular area that easily gets inflamed and painful. I still am not quite sure what that is caused from.
I do love how CDorner builds on to the moves and teaches them well. I have not done one that I really did not like. The stretch I did felt good and a lot of the tightness let up afterward. I feel pretty good tonight other than the allergies and all of the extra dust.

Jolie, it is funny how what we want with fitness has changed. I would still lift heavy if I could. But, life has changed that. Then sometimes I think I am pushing 69 this summer so why do I want to build big muscles anyway. Health is more in the agenda at this time. I made awesome gains when STS first came out. I still look back at how much weight I was lifting at that time and also I added some really intense cardio to those workouts on top of it. Most cars are not made for comfort and I hate riding in them. My husband keeps telling me I should take those crazy head rests off. I always feel like if I get the seat adjust upright enough to not bother my neck and back I have that head rest pushing my head forward. So, if I put a small pillow behind my back it pushes me a bit away from that head rest. I am trying some NAC for awhile as it helps the body produce glutahione. Chris Kressor says he recommends undenatured grass fed whey as a good supplement. You can purchase glutathione. It is kind of hard for the body to get what it needs. This was from a interview he had asking what he would recommend and do if her was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis.

This morning I got up late (which is odd for me) and I really didn't feel like doing any workout so I just decided to walk on my treadmill for a bit. At least that gets my blood going. I stretched a bit afterwards.

Walk was 45 minutes, burned 244 calories, went 2 miles, did 5009 steps and HR was 106/115.

Diane - I had pain in the front of my shoulders but that seems to have eased up along with the knots in my upper back although they still come back now and again. My biggest problem now is my left tricep and it does sort of affect my shoulder. I can't wait to see my doctor and see what she suggests. Tired of it. Like you, I would lift heavy if I could as well, but I just can't anymore. Starting to wonder if that is the cause of all of this. My mom used to warn me against lifting so much and so heavy and I laughed it off. Maybe she knows something I don't. She has no idea what I'm going through - I don't want to hear the "I told you so". LOL!!! Is Megamix new? I didn't see it out there the other day.

Belinda - I had all intentions of downloading that ebook and forgot. I do want to read it. I will do it soon, I promise. It is intriguing what you said about it. ETA: I just downloaded it, I will read it tonight.

Jolie - Sitting is certainly a killer. Lucky you on finding a car that is comfortable. My Escape is very comfortable, but still, just sitting for long periods of time really bothers this issue I am having. I would lift heavy again in a heart beat if I could and I am so sad to think that part of my life might be (and probably is) over. It's not that I want to be muscular anymore, but I do like that definition I have and would like to keep what I still have. I'm hoping once I figure out what is going on that I can at least start lifting light weights again. Right now it's a big no no for me. And LOL, I also see these young women pushing heavy weights and I just want to say STOP!! It's not worth it!! But I don't know, I doubt I'd change anything if I knew all of this would happen ahead of time. Maybe I'd do better with my form, etc. But I sure did love bodybuilding. Loved it. Miss it. Would do anything to be able to lift like that again.

Roselyn - have a great workout today!

Doreen - Hope your daughter is doing better. Update us when you have the chance. Hugs to you.

Roxie - Where are you girl? You still out there?

Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited:
I just finished CDorner Best Step Aerobics with abs, 56 minutes, 210 calories, heart rate 106/151, 4,310 steps. I wasted so much time this morning trying to get my dog's vet diet dog food. Chewy and all the other pet stores are out and the vet only has a small bag. That Royal Canin stuff is expensive and even more so when purchasing a small bag. I only have enough left for about 3 days. The vet offered another dog food for weight, but I hate trying something new. We just got past her vomiting after trying some Amazon brand dog treats. Who would have thought a prescription dog food would be gone everywhere.
We have two 9 weeks tests scheduled today with school work so I need to get showered. Will skip the extra stretching today.

Debbie, I hope that you can find what is wrong. It is really weird how one are affects another area of the body and everything gets out of balance. I think anything that causes injuries can lead to arthritis and problems eventually. I forgot to say that I live in Oklahoma, not Texas. But, as far as masks are concerned I think they give a limited amount of protection. We do not have heavy mandates here. I wear a mask when a store says wear a mask. My husband does not. At my church it is sit in every other pew and masks are not required, but some wear them. Those at risk stay home and watch on youtube. The states that are not pushing heavy restrictions seem to have done better than the ones that do. When I go to the park it is rare to see a mask on anyone. I am concerned about the people coming over the border though. That is plain stupidity in my book.

Belinda, that is a lot, but I will look at Jessica's new series. Since I am moving and things to purchase I will pass for now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.