Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for March 2021

LIFT and SHIFT Fine Toning this morning. I didn't get everything written down because it just moves from one exercise to the next with no real breaks. It uses 3# weights and focuses on small muscle movements and has floor work/barre/yoga feel to it. Lots of moves for balance, rotator cuff, wrist and ankle strength, etc. Definately a recovery workout and probably one I need.

I just log into Purple player on Roku to pull up the workouts and its super easy - but I do everything streaming related on the Roku.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

CL # 334 Candy Heats Circuit = 53 min plus SBF Week 9 D 57 Int-Adv Total Barre is done. I kept everything low impact.

Diane - unfortunately the steroids shots and gel shots didn't do anything for my knees last year. I am trying to avoid surgery on my knees as long as I can.

Doreen - the workouts sounds great. How do the compare to Cathe's? I read a lot of people are frustrated about the the purple player, I guess they didn't realized you really can't download those workouts like you can with Cathe's. Glad you like them. Haven't caved yet, lol.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

I only had a half hour this morning so I walked on my treadmill. Tricep still hurts quite a bit. Heat seems to make it feel good so I keep doing that every evening.

I had to go into work early today and have meetins all day. Where did the weekend go?

Doreen - Thanks for giving specific instructions on how to get into the workout you did today. I think I might try that when I'm feeling better to get used to lifting again.

No time for other personals, I hope you are all doing well. I read all your posts, great job on those of you who worked out this weekend!!

Today I did CDorner Step British Invasion which was fun, but she made some mistakes and was moving pretty quickly with some moves. I accidentally stepped on my own shoe crossing feet and tripped and hit my hip on my weight stand with weights. Sheeesh!. Anyway, I really liked this workout and the music and will do it again till I get it down and can ignore the mess ups and keep going. This was 71 minutes(64 actual as I had to set my grandson up with zoom in the middle) 275 calories:rolleyes:, heart rate 98/135, 6,241 steps. I then did CDorner Abs with a pillow, 20 minutes heart rate 92/101, 30 calories, 118 steps. Total time 91 minutes, 6,546 steps, 305 calories. I swear this watch said I was in the 80's most of the time. I finally ignored it and quit trying. I posted on the Fitbit forums and there are many with the same problem with Versa 2. I think once things are settled down I am going to work on getting another watch/tracker.

Doreen, that one sounds similar to her balance series maybe? Does she do it barefoot? I do like those types of workouts and used them quite a bit when going through all of the problems and PT. I guess when you loaned me the Walk Strong 3 to try before I purchased that I did them via Roku and Purple player as well. Doesn't Kelly use Purple Player for her downloads? I guess as long as I have her streaming I don't need the downloads though. I packed my Kelly dvds as I knew I had access on her Raw channel.

Belinda, I am sorry the shots did not help your knees. I totally understand wanting to avoid the surgery as long as possible. I liked the Candy Hearts CL workout.

Debbie, I am sorry that your tricep is still painful. Nice that you got in a bit of treadmill before work this morning.

Today I had an awesome TM workout, 75 minutes on hill mode, all different inclines with different speeds, it was really fun. I traveled 4.2 miles and burned 772 calories. Heart rate was 137/177. I feel really good after this workout. I got some new running shoes on Saturday, they are Adidas Solar Glide ST with guide rails built into the sides that keep our foot really stable. I really like them, so far no hip pain or ankle pain. I did not have ANY pain from my weight workout on Saturday so I will be doing on tomorrow, very lite weights again for awhile but I don't care, I am just excited to lift again. I am also going to start running on my elliptical and using my rowing machine again.

Diane, you sound like me always hurting myself in a really stupid way, tripping, hitting my head ect. I hate it!!! Great job on the workout today and good luck packing. Your house sounds amazing, I would love to have an energy efficient new house!!! I think you have a good idea with how you are going to set up your gym room. Is your house one or two stories?

Doreen, great job on the new workouts!!! I love trying something new.

Roselyn, I am glad to hear your husband's knee surgery went well. Nice workout too!

Debbie, Bummer on the Triceps still hurting, It is understandable that you are frustrated. When do you go to the doctors? Maybe you have a tear or something? You should look into the BEMER Therapy, it is really great for pain, it is great for blood circulation and inflammation. It did wonders for my back and neck, I cant wait to try it again!

Belinda, if you have bone spurs, that wouldn't be a bad surgery at all, they would just be cleaning the knee out not full blown knee surgery. I have had that done several times on my big toes and foot and it was very easy recovery, I just had to wait for the stitches to heal. I couldnt even walk and then I had the surgery and I was good to go.

Make it a wonderful day!!!!!

Good morning,

CL# 337 Cardio KB Mashup plus SBF D58 Core + Arms is done.

Debbie - awww...sorry about your triceps. You don't seem to catch a break. Sorry you are going through so much.

Roselyn - have fun with Heather Robertson. I like her workouts.

Diane - I read on another site that JS Fine Toning is like her fusion but slower. I am not a fan of her fusion workouts.

Doreen - seems like you like the new JS workouts. I may cave and check them out this weekend.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

This morning was Lift and Shift Total Body Definition - Paired Supersets. I did the first 2 groupings which was about 32 mintues - then walk on the TM.

Lower Body (2x through the circuit)
Box Squat 1 1/2 reps
Rear Lunge off step (right/left)
Single Leg squat
Deadlift Leg Press

Chest/Back (2x through the circuit)
V Chest Press
Weighted Hip Thrust
eccentric chest fly
Kneeling Hinged One Arm Back Row (right/left/right/left)

I stopped her to walk but I'll do the next two pairings another day.

I think I'm not wanting to like these workouts but hey- anything with hip thrusts, deadlifts and back work makes it hard for me not to like. Seriously not to fond of the music but I guess it does match with her slow, controlled movements and calm demeanor and personality.

This morning I did CDorner #122 - 30 Min. Non-Stop Cardio Workout. It was fun and went by really quick. The first part was boxing so I did that part really lightly. Then she did some tabata drills and then some old school cardio drills. All floor work. Fun stuff, I really liked it.

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 189 calories, did 3064 steps and HR was 116/156.

I also did the isometric exercise for about 10 minutes, did both triceps - thought why not? Both elbows hurt and even though my right tricep is ok, I figured it couldn't hurt. I seem very dominant with my left arm. I've noticed it recently because I'm trying to rest it. I use it to do everything but write and brush my teeth. I wonder why?

My doctor's appt. is tomorrow morning, I'll see what she suggests about my arm. Probably nothing, she's not to up on muscle injuries. But at least she can point me in the right direction.

Diane - Nice job with the British Invasion workout, I was looking at that one but then when I saw how long it was I thought NO WAY!!! Nice job! Was it mostly Beatles music or something? I can't figure out why it's called British Invasion. LOL!!! Congrats on selling your house, not sure I said that yet. I don't envy you all the work you have ahead of you. Eventually I will be in that boat as well.

Jolie - Great job on your workout yesterday, glad you are feeling better. Bremer therapy looks good, I've used something similar to my upper back a while ago and it really didn't do anything. It was TENS. I just bought an ice pack that I can wrap around my arm, this way I can wear it after my workouts while I'm getting ready for work. Ice is supposed to be really good for Triceps Tendonitis. I hope it gets better soon, really sick of these set backs.

Belinda - Thank you. I'm tired of it, that's for sure. I just want to workout like normal again. Nice job on your workouts yesterday and today!

Doreen - Great job with your workout! Hip thrusts? Yikes! You go girl!! Hope your daughter is doing better.

Roselyn - Have fun with your new rotation!

Have a great day everyone!

Jolie - that's some uphill walking on the TM! WTG, girl! How are your legs feeling today? Mine would be dead, lol. My husband is getting both knees done in April. When he recovers 100%, maybe I consider surgery. How long did you had to wait for the stitches to heal?

Debbie - I feel bad for you. I know you tired of this. Great job on your step workout this morning. I really like Chris step workouts. She is a lot of fun.

Doreen - so is it worth the $$?

BBL!

Today I had a Spectacular Total Body Workout, my own, I did really well and feel great. I did 4 rounds of the circuit, x 16 reps, x 14, x 12, x 10 reps except for legs and ABS I did more. Then I did 100 rows on my rowing machine on the hardest level to see if it hurts my back, which it does not, and followed with a stretch. My Chiro thinks a lot of my hip pain stems from tight hip flexors and tight hamstrings and calves. I bet that is the problem so it is now time to take the time and stretch or it will only get worse. Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 369 calories. Heart rate was 116/152 My mom is coming to visit today for 4 days so I can do her hair, take her shopping and out to lunch!

Warm Up Cathe's STS ( i love this warm up)

Chest Flies- 12's x 16, x 14, x 12, x 10 reps
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50#
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 8#
Seated Hammer Curls- 12's
Lying Cross Body Triceps Ext.- 10#
BW Squats x 25, x 25, x 25, x 25
Leg Ext.- 40# x 18, x 16, x 14, x 12
ABS- 4 Different exercises to Failure

Rowing, x 100 rows
Stretch.

Belinda, my legs are not sore at all, my right ankle is a little sore, I probably need to get used to my new shoes. I got my stitches out about 7 days after the surgery. They actually wanted me to move a lot to help not get scar tissue. I take so many vitamins that my skin is healed in about 4 days no problem. A clean out is a totally different surgery than a torn ACL or something like that. I would do it ASAP! Nice workout today, I have not done any of the new ones. I will probably sign back up once my back is really good again.

Debbie, fun workout today!!! Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. My left elbow has an issue, probably Tendonitis as well. I just work through it, if i take the time to put the Infra red light on it, the pain goes away. I think I will do that today!

Doreen, way to go on the workout today. If I did glute bridges my back would surely go out :( I wish I could do those because my ass needs some real work lately :)

Diane Sue and Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today.

BBL to read your posts and have a wonderful day. We are getting rain the next 2 days so I have to bring in all of my patio cushions again!

You all are doing awesome workouts!!

Debbie, those darn triceps, I hope you get painfree soon. Do you know what I do with sore muscles and it helps some yours I am sure is very painful, but I have used that Voltarin and my son has used for a sore hand it is arthritis cream but worked on my sore muscle and helped my son with carpel tunnel. But I am sure you are trying everything

I did day 3 of Heather

No workout today. Not a lot of sleep last night as I was up late packing. Sort of worried about getting it all done, but next week is spring break so I should be able to get a lot done. I wish my husband had more time here. I have an electrician that is supposed to call back as something needs fixed in the electric box in the garage. My poor husband worked so many hours over this last two weeks. Trying to get things down off the walls and touched up. I did take time out this morning for ladies monthly game day. It was nice for a bit of a break. My grandson has testing tomorrow on zoom so I have that scheduled. Hoping to get a workout in first.

Debbie, I really have been enjoying CDorner's workouts. British Invasion had a variety of what I guess would be British music, not just Beatles. I hope the doctor is some help or can send you to someone who will be. You know, I noticed that with my use of my arms when doing all of the PT and babying my right shoulder. I vacuum with my left arm for some reason. My right triceps hurt Sunday and I thought it odd since I did nothing. I noticed it when I got up and then after I did the stretching it was much better. I am glad CDorner has the shorter workouts along with the long ones. I need to try the one you just did. I am still wanting to try Kelly's Box and Pump 4. I wish I was not doing the moving. There was a time when we would load up our stuff in a truck ourselves, move it all in, and I would have it unpacked and pictures hung in a day. That is not going to happen this time. We put stuff in two pods, I am packing, and we are having movers. We have a lot of heavy pieces of furniture along with my piano and the Treadclimber. I am throwing a lot away so I don't have to pack it. I will replace later if needed, but I use some things on rare occasions.

Belinda, is the fusion workout on Walk Strong 3 or separate. I have the balance series, metabolic series, and those with step and stride, along with the yoga one , and a dance walk one.

Doreen, I feel like JS uses a lot of jazz and softer music. Not typical workout music. Every once in awhile she seems to have a segment that I kind of like. I have a dance walk one by the water that has a bit of music that is a bit more uplifting. That looks like a good workout and nice that you can split it among two days of workouts.

Jolie, I have tight hip flexors. I can really tell how bad it is when I skip stretching for a few days and stretch them. Right side is always way harder to get loosened up and I feel it the most. Some of the ab work that CDorner does really has my hip flexors burning. The time with your mother sounds nice. I know you will enjoy it.

Roselyn, nice that you have a rotation that you are doing. I have never heard of Heather Robertson.

Good morning,

CL # 336 Low Impact Cardio Compound Upper Body plus SBF D59 Standing+Mat Lower Body is done. I also walk outside daily. The last few day's been very nice her.

Diane - JS Fusion is separate from the sets. She does offer a few fusion workouts on YT. Maybe check them out before you buy them and see if you click with this kinda workouts. Personally I am not a fan of her Fusion style workouts. I own all of JS workouts except her new one. I am still thinking about them. I heard her dog is in those workouts too. Looks like the workouts are filmed in her mom's house too. She used her mom's house in a few of her dvd's before. I probably will cave and check them out soon. I wonder if they any different from other instructors workouts?

Roselyn - great job on D3 yesterday. Eventually I will do one of her rotations too.

I will be back later.

This morning I did CDorner #95 - Ladies of Disco Fast Basic Step workout. It was fun, a bit too repetitive, but fun. Easy to catch on, great music. I really love her step workouts.

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 304 calories, did 4620 steps and HR was 123/166.

I tried to cancel my Cathe Live but it's telling me my password isn't correct WTH? It's the one I've used forever. I'll try it again later. I don't see me doing her workouts for a while so I'm just wasting money.

My doctor's appointment is this morning and I'm getting ready to go. I will catch up later!!

Today the rotation was a Mobility or suggested cardio followed by the mobility routine... there are no cardio workouts with the program (that I can see) so I did the British Invastion step routine by CDoerner - this was fun!

Today I did CDorner Hip Hop Tabata, 34 minutes, 139 calories, heart rate 97/134, 3,371 steps. This was another fun one. I recognized a couple of the songs, but have not been a real hip hop fan. I know I burned more calories than that. I should see if I still have the Blaze upstairs. I don't think I packed it yet. I followed this with the first half of a phone rolling workout which was nice as that portion worked upper back/ lats. This was 14 minutes, 12 calories, heart rate 78/97, 12 steps. Total time 48 minutes, 151 calories,

Good morning! So I got into a car accident on the way to my doctor's appointment yesterday. Luckily no one was hurt and it happened right when I was turning right onto a busy road. There are two lanes for right turns and the lady next to me must not have known I was next to her because she moved over too soon and hit my passanger side back door. Good god. So I stopped at the light and got out to talk to her. To make a long story short, we made a police report, she was cited and now I have to deal with getting my car fixed. Don't need this on my plate right now.

I told my doctor about my muscle issues (I actually was able to make it to the appointment) and she took blood to see what is going on with my muscles not healing. She said it could be simply the way my posture is (bad), arthritis, Lupis or Fibromialgia. I don't buy the last two, but possibly arthritis. We'll see. If it isn't any of those she already gave me a script to go to PT. I doubt I'll go to PT. I would rather have an xray or CAT scan if anything. My doctor sucks, I need to find another one and plan to this summer when I'm off.

Anyways, this morning I walked on my treadmill for about a half hour and then did CDorner's Neck & Shoulder Stretch. Great 18 minute stretch, I really really liked it. I do always feel better after doing these stretching workouts, I SERIOUSLY need to do them more. I have a new chair at work, too, so hopefully that will help my issues.

Diane - Try the stretch workout I did today, it was really good. It doesn't have a number, just the name. It was under the Mobility workouts and is the only 18 minute workout. I'm glad you have movers that will help you get the stuff to your new house. I hope packing is going well and that your shoulders and neck aren't bothering you too much. Hip Hop Tabata sounds like fun.

Roselyn - CDonner Fitness is free on Youtube. Just subscribe to her channel and you can easily see the workouts she offers. Awesome stuff.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'll be back to catch up on your posts later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.