Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2015

Roselyn, I am glad that you found some of the cookbooks. I hope that you find some that you can use. You will find some good information. I have had a hard time finding books here. Cave Girl was at our library. I did find a Robb Wolff book which I scanned and kept a recipe from. Really there are some apps that carry a lot of the recipes. Like one from the food lovers kitchen. Also one from the civilized caveman.

Last edited:
This morning I did another Cardio Coach Mix I made up. This was the first mix I made and I don't know what I was thinking. It's a tough one, but I did the whole workout. No knee problems with it at all. I plan on doing a stretch later since we have the day off today due to the very frigid weather here. Yay!!!!

Workout was 60 minutes total, ran 3.36 miles and burned (according to Fitbit) 396 calories.

So I watched Hiit Lift It and Hit It Upper Body workouts. They look like really tough workouts. I know I'll have to be careful with these. I can already feel my upper back getting into knots again. They look fun though. I will try them next week.

One thing I wasn't too fond of was the music. Yuck!! I know I'm getting older but I like to think I can listen to today's music. Not that. It was so loud, too. Almost to where I couldn't hear Cathe talking. Very annoying. I wish you could just turn the music off and just listen to Cathe. I really don't know how many times I can do those workouts with that music on it. Are the cardio ones the same way?

The ab workouts look awesome. Can't wait to try them!! If I ever set aside time to do them.

Sorry for the complaints - just my observations. They definitely look like friers, though.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hiit 1 scrambled one mix 7. This was pretty good alternating a step segment with a floor segment. This was 28 minutes, 227 calories, avg heart rate 146/max 175 :). I then did Ripped with Hiit Chest and triceps no shoulders mix 2, 30 min, 150 calories. Total time was 58 minutes, calories burned 377.
Todays meals
breakfast was some post workout tuna
lunch was 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook cream of mushroom soup
snack 21 day sugar detox cookbook apple pie smoothie
dinner spaghetti squash Bolognese

Debbie, it is pretty cold here too. At least it isn't snowing yet. That is supposed to come next week. When I got up this morning it was 12 degrees and the wind was blowing like crazy. I guess I had not noticed the music. You can do mixes that leave the shoulders out. All of those push ups after lifting heavy were tough. There are shoulders on both workouts. Just works different areas of the shoulders. I really like the ab workouts. Particularly number 1. They aren't really long.

Last edited:
Today I did a small weight leg workout:

Leg Press Station - 135# - 2 sets/10 reps; 1 set/12 reps
Barbell Squats - 55# - 2 sets/10 reps; 1 set/12 reps
Deadlifts - 45# - 2 sets/10 reps; 1 set/12 reps

Then I got on my treadmill for a 1 mile fast pace walk.

Today I did the shoulder portion of Ripped With Hiit Chest, shoulders, and Triceps with the warm up, no stretch, 14 minutes. I then did P90X3 MMX 33 minutes, and finished off with Rock out knock out, mix #2, cardio with gloves and heavybag, no warm up. Total timewas 76 minutes and calories burned 426.
Breakfast was post workout small piece of leftover chicken from the artichoke chicken recipe I made awhile ago
Lunch was the last of the spaghetti squash Bolognese
Dinner will be something using some zucchini that I need to use. Not sure yet.

Today I did Ripped With Hiit Lower Body Extreme One double it, 48 minutes, 351 calories, HR 135 avg /163 max. I then did the bonus abs @ two, 13 minutes, 52 calories. Total time was 61 minutes and calories burned 403.

Roselyn, yes, I do like them. lower alternates cardio and plyo moves. Upper really is a full body as you hit lower in the cardio and do the upper as things like squat presses. A fast way to get the cardio and strength in. I feel upper is a bit easier but I would imagine that is an individual thing.

Today I did the new Ripped Hiit Lift It, Hit It Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. I like this workout, hate the music. Luckily, you can turn the music off and just do the workout. I did it with the music this morning but that will be the last time. I did like the workout but my traps and the area of my upper back that gets knots was really feeling it, so I skipped some of the finishers.

This is what I did:

CHEST
Flat Dumbbell Press:
30's - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Pushups: 15 reps on my knees

Incline Dumbbell Press: 25's - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Tri Pushups: 10 reps on my knees

Incline Dumbbell Flies: 25's - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Decline Pushups: Skipped

SHOULDERS
Barbell Overhead Press:
20# - 3 sets/10 reps (should have went up about 5#, was quite light)
Superset w/
Upright Rows: 20# - 3 sets/10 reps (should have went up about 5#, was quite light)
Finisher - Scarecrows: 3's - 15 reps

Alternate Lateral Raise: 8's - 3 sets/10 reps
Superset w/
Front Raise: 12# - 3 sets/10 reps
Finisher - Lateral Raise w/Rotation: 3's - 10 reps

TRICEPS
Overhead Triceps Extension:
25# 1 set 12 reps; 1 set 11 reps; 1 set 10 reps
Finisher - Dips: Skipped

Lying Barbell Extension: 30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Kickbacks: 3's - 20 reps (should have went a bit heavier here but was really feeling this workout by this time)

Can't wait to do the Biceps/Back one!!!

Today I did Piyo Drench, 48 minutes. I then did Ripped With Hiit Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps, 39 minutes, 183 calories. RWH was a harder after the plank and push up work in Piyo. I did Cathe's weights for the shoulders and triceps but chest I used 20 and 25 lb dumbbells. I stuck with the 15# for all 3 sets of the front raise. Workout was 87 minutes and I burned 466 calories.
Meals
breakfast: ham small piece
Lunch: ground beef with some seasoning and guacamole|
Snack: 1 oz tuna with a little vegannaise
Dinner: Leftover mushroom soup with additions of zucchini noodles, ground beef cooked, some red pepper flakes and garlic powder. This was pretty good. I came up with the idea from a recipe from the civilized caveman that I found on the 21 Day sugar detox Pinterest page.
A bottle of Gingerade Kombucha Tea. When the weather warms I will go back to making my own Kombucha Tea.

Debbie, you could do the premix that has no finishers in it. I know I could go heavier on the upright row and overhead press but, I worry that I will end up with that neck and trap area pain. It is better to go a bit lighter. I hope you do okay with it.

Today I did Cardio Coach #1 and had a really great workout. My endurance was excellent today. Had a great time with this one.

Workout was 35 minutes, ran for 2.12 miles and burned about 230 calories, which seems really low?

I also did the Bonus Ab #1 workout from HiiT. Loved it.

Diane Sue - My thoughts exact on the overhead presses and upright rows. I feel the same way.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit legs and Great Clutes bonus chair, floor, and stretch. 65 minutes. I did my bodyfat with my Omron digital bodyfat monitor and put in my VO2 max in my Polar FT60 this morning. I always do this when I first get up before I eat, drink, or do anything. Takes forever to decide to do it :) I was down to 16.1 on bodyfat. That is 1.4 % less than before I moved. V02 Max was 33 as my own index. Not bad. I have improved from last time I did all of this so I am happy. Lost weight though and I did not want to do that. I have been doing Ripped wit Hiit just slightly over a month now.

Today I did X10 mix 38 warm up, low impact, step, and stretch, 38 minutes, 258 calories, 128 avg/165 max heart rate, then Ripped with Hiit back, shoulders, and biceps, 53 minutes, 257 calories.
91 minutes, 515 calories.
weights from Ripped With Hiit Back, Shoulders, and Biceps
w/u
One arm row: 12R x 35lb, 3 sets, finisher barbell rows and band pulls
pull overs, 12 reps, 35# dumbbell, 3 sets, finisher band pulls
one arm angled row, 3 sets, 30#, 12 reps, finisher 1 arm seated band pulls
Rear delt flys 15lb 12 rep 3 sets, seated band one arm pulls green band
prone rear delts; 8lb 2 sets, 5# 1 set, finisher t band pulls green band
Bicep curls; 35 lb barbell, 3 sets, 12 reps finisher W curls 20 reps 10lbs
Concentration Curls; 2 sets 22.5lb, 1 set 20lb, 12 reps first set and 10 reps subsequent sets. barbell crazy 8's finisher at 25#
simultaneous hammer curls, 15 lb, 12 reps, 3 sets, finisher crazy eights with 25lb barbell.

Today I did the new Ripped Hiit Lift It, Hit It Back, Bi's & Shoulders. I like this workout, it wasn't as bad as I thought, although there was an exercise section I skipped as you'll see below. My upper back felt it so I stopped. Other than that, it's a great workout!

This is what I did:

BACK
On Arm Row:
30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Barbell Underhand Rows: 30# - 20 reps
Finisher - Power Band Pulls - 20 reps

Pullovers: 30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Barbell Overhand Rows: 30# - 20 reps
Finisher - Supine Band Pulls - 20 reps

One Arm Angle Row: 25# - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - One Arm Band Pulls: 20 Reps

Rear Delt Flies: 12's - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - One Arm Band Pulls: 20 Reps

Prone Rear Delt Flies: Skipped. Tried it and it gave me a small pull where I always get knot. Dropped it instantly.
Finisher - T-Band Pulls: Skipped

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Dumbbell W's: 5's - 20 reps - Need to go up on these

Concentration Curls: 25# - 1 set/12 reps; 2 sets/10 reps
Finisher - Barbell Crazy 8's: 25#
I seriously HATE concentration curls. I don't know why Cathe insists on doing these with every bicep workout she does. They suck and I never feel them and they hurt my elbows. I usually do them in hammer curl style, that makes it tolerable for my elbows.

Simultaneous Hammer Curls: 12's - 3 sets/12 reps (did 10 reps for the 2nd set, my bi's were feeling this one)
Finisher - Barbell Crazy 8's: 20#

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.