Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2015

WD

Cathlete
I am just getting us started. Drinking my coffee and contemplating what I want to do today. :) Happy New Year!

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact mix #1 first half and #2 2nd half. Then I did Tai Cheng Neural Reboot and 1 pass of phase 1 and phase 2 tai chi.. Total time was 72 minutes.
Meals today were not much different from yesterday,
Breakfast coffee and coconut creamer
post workout breakfast 1 slice ham and 6 green grapes
lunch chicken zoodle soup from Against all Grain Cookbook
dinner balsamic braised beef with creamy herb mashed cauliflower from 21 day sugar detox
It is so cold today. My granddaughters wanted to come for a movie day but chances of driving on ice were too great and one lives out near a lake. Lots of back roads to get to her house to pick her up. On a normal day it takes me 30 minutes. Hopefully it gets better tomorrow.

Today was Xtrain Bi's & Tri's and I had an great workout. This one really bothers my elbows, though, I think it's the incline ball work. I just stood on some of the incline exercises and that seemed to be better.

This is what I did:

Round 1
Alternating Standing Curls
- 15's - 12 reps
Standing Overhead Tricep Extension - 20# - 16 reps

Round 2
Incline Curls on Ball
- 12's - 16 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions - 12's - 16 reps

Round 3
Seated Concentration Curls
- 15# - 16 reps
One Arm Kickbacks w/Tubing - 10's no tubing - 16 reps

Round 4
"W" Curls w/tubing
- 8's# - 16 reps
Seesaw Pushups - 12 reps

Round 5
Seated Hammer Curl on Ball
- 15's - 16 reps
One-Arm Seated Overhead Extensions - 10#

Round 6
Preacher Curl on Ball
- 12# - 16 reps (I just stood and did this one one arm at a time)
Side Leaning Overhead Extension - 10# - 16 reps

Round 7
SlowMo Eccentric Curls w/Tubing
- 5's - 16 reps
Cross-Body Extensions - 10# - 16 reps

Round 8
Incline Reverse Curls
- 12's - 16 reps
One Arm Plank Kickbacks - 8's no plank - 16 reps

Round 9
Hammer Curl Crazy 8's
- 12's - 28 reps
Crazy Dips - Skipped - Hate dips with a passion plus Cathe drives me crazy with the "keep your butt up" shouting she does. Really?

Happy New Years everyone!!! I hope this year is good to each and every one of you. I can't believe it's 2015. Back in 1984 when I graduated I would hear songs or see movies that were in the future in the year 2000. I thought, Dang!! I'll never see that date. Well, here it is!!! Holy smokes!!!

Today I did Ripped With Hiit Lower Circuit mix 7 that includes abs 1 and I added the stretch, 58 minutes, 430 calories. I then did Les Mills Pump Flow to add extra stretching, 20 minutes, 48 calories. Total time was 78 minutes and calories burned 478.
Todays meals so far:|
Pre workout coffee with coconut cream
1 small slice ham
Lunch small salad with homemade dressing and leftover balsamic braised beef no cauliflower mash this time
Dinner will be meatballs with spaghetti squash or recipe of chicken with artichokes and green olives. This is dependent on weather we have two of our granddaughters over to watch movies.

Debbie, I am not wild about the crazy dips. I guess we will never love every move. I have things that hurt and I modify or do something else. My husband and grandson were discussing the things that were supposed to be in 2015 on Back to the Future. Then they mentioned some of it on one of the morning shows. Where are the hover boards LOL. Things are so much different now than when I graduated in 1970. Some good and I think some have problems. If I could ever figure out all of the gadgets and computer system stuff I would be happy. I got our Roku working since we moved twice and now it is not working. Afraid to mess with our new Netgear router that should make streaming really fast. That is what we purchased it for. I am the one that figures it all out. Sheesh.

Low impact one followed by X10 low impact then abs 2

my eats were quest bar for breakfast, chicken for lunch, chicken and veggie stir fry for dinner and evening snack may be some protein with peanut butter.

diane sue what do you think about the quest bar? should i try cutting out while i am trying to lose a few? I usually have that snack by 7 thinking of eliminating too for awhile any suggestions welcome.

Roselyn, I think Quest bars are one of the better ones. I used to buy the ones with no sugar alcohols. That being said I try to avoid the bars. They all tend to have some artificial stuff in them. I sometimes will eat a buffalo guys hot dog heated up with sauerkraut that has jalapeños and garlic, for breakfast. Smoothies are nice and you will know what is in them. I don't eat peanut butter anymore. I lean toward almond and cashew butter and make sure there are not a lot of added sugars. Peanuts are not nuts anyway. Macadamias are probably the best for snacking. Too many almonds can cause problems with omega 6 and omega 3 balance. Sometimes I will eat soup or a piece of whatever was left from dinner.

No workout yesterday. Meals were not well planned since I had the girls here. I made the Apple Streusal Egg Muffins from 21 Day Sugar Detox for breakfast which ended up being close to lunch time. I had two of those for breakfast, dinner was from 21 day sugar detox cookbook, chicken strips and some asparagus. I had 2 more of the apple muffins for a snack.
Today I am going to do Ripped with Hiit Upper Circuit. I will come back in awhile and post meals.

I just did Ripped With Hiit Lower Circuit. Today I had 1 apple streusel egg muffin(these have 9 eggs in them for the recipe and no grains or sugars added) Dinner will be a spaghetti squash with meatball recipe since we had the chicken and artichoke one a couple of days ago. We are still very busy with moving and organizing so meals are a bit difficult. I tend to forget to eat till someone else mentions food.

Today I did Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders and had a great workout!

This is what I did:

CHEST
Barbell Chest Press
- 60# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps (this seemed really light to me)
Dumbbell Chest Fly - 25's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 11 reps
Incline Dumbbell Chest Press - 25's - 3 sets 10 reps
Pushups - 16 reps (8 on toes, 8 on knees)

BACK
One Arm Row
- 30# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 10 reps
Barbell Row - 45# - 3 sets 10 reps (used barbell instead of dumbbells)
Rear Delt Fly - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Supermans - Skipped

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Overhead Press
- 12's - 2 set 10 reps; 1 set 10 reps
Single Arm Lateral Raise - 8# - 2 sets 10 reps; 1 set 12 reps
Single Arm Rear Delt Raise - 10# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Scarecrows - 5's

I ordered the two lifting workouts from the new series plus some new bands. Can't wait to get them!!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Gonna be a long week after short holiday weeks!!

Today I did Plyo Hiit one, X10cardio and abs 1.

So far breakfast was a protein shake, lunch looking like chicken and broccoli, dinner the same. could change:)

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Legs. That is all I got in because I had some guy trying to pick up a heavy safe we put out for big trash pick up. He couldn't get it in his truck by himself and I was afraid he was going to drop it into my car. He left it closer to my car than it should be so I went out and moved my car. Then he comes back with someone else and they couldn't get it I the truck. Finally they talked the trash truck guy into helping them. I was relieved when they left. I went out and told him I didn't care it he took it but I was worried about the car. He said he was going to get help. Anyway my 6 year old granddaughter is coming for a sleepover and movie night. Right now she is out with her Grandpa :D
Meals today are spaghetti squash omelet from my Primal Blueprint easy cookbook, Chicken zoodle soup, and dinner is still in the process of being thought out :)

For dinner I made the Spaghetti Squash Bolognese from one of the sugar detox books. It is also in Practical Paleo and on the recipes on www.balancedbites.com. They left the wine out in the sugar detox book. It was optional anyway. Practical Paleo says you can use it on zucchini noodles too. I chane up the meats once in awhile. I have used bison and sometimes all lean ground beef.

Debbie, did you order the two upper body workouts.? It is fun getting new workouts and pieces of equipment.

I forgot to post this morning. I did a Cardio Coach mix and had an excellent workout. I made 6000 steps by the end of that workout and 10,000 by 2:30 this afternoon.

Workout was 42 minutes, ran 2.5 miles and burned about 300 calories.

Diane Sue - Yes, I bought the two upper body ones. Can't wait to try them, I don't have them yet.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Double it mix, 51 minutes. I had to rush again. I needed to take my granddaughter home and run errands this morning. Her mother has taken a leave of absence from teaching to be with my grandson born in May. She is homeschooling her right now. We did some online stuff before I left. Maybe something better tomorrow. I enjoy my family time.

Debbie, I think that you will like those. The pre mixes are good too. You can make them longer. I have a step counter on my phone, but it made me crazy and I stopped it since there is no way I am running around with my phone on me 24/7. That would be nice to be able to track.

Today I did Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's and had a great workout. Love this one!

This is what I did:

BICEPS
Dumbbell Curls
- 15's - 2 sets 10 reps; 1 set 12 reps
Simultaneous Rotational Curls - 20's - 1 set 10 reps; 1 set 9 resps
Dropped to 15's for 3rd set and did 10 reps
Concentration Curls - 20# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 9 reps
Hammer Curl Double Arm Crazy 8's - 12's - 24 reps

TRICEPS
Tricep Pushups
- 3 sets (Love to hate these, I really feel them)
Lying Tricep Extensions - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
One Arm Kickbacks - 10# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 14 reps
Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extension w/Tube - Skipped

Then I got on my treadmill and did a fast paced walk for 1 mile. Need to get my steps in! :)

Diane Sue - I can track my steps on either my android phone or my Nook Tablet. Either works great and they sync pretty quickly. Love my Fitbit!!!

Today I did Ripped with Hiit, Hit it Back, Biceps, and Shoulders along with the abs 1 and stretch, 63 minutes. I then did P90X3 Pilates, 30 minutes.
Meals were
Coffee with coconut cream
out for lunch dinner salad with ranch had bacon on it
Dinner, salmon and asparagus
No breakfast and I may have a protein snack later.

Debbie, nice workout today. I bet the Fit Bit makes it so much better to see your results.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.