Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 12/12

Today I did Chest and Back with the Meso 3 cycle of STS, week 2. I couldn't get the DVD to work again, I'm so tired fo my DVD player because I know the disc was good. I had to start it 3 times to get it to play wasting about 10 minutes of time which then had me stop early and I couldn't do the last 4 sets of the workout. We have another DVD player and DH said he'd swap them out later on today.

Superset fashion with lots of rest inbetween. 4 sets, 7 reps.

SS #1
Flat Bench Press - 85# (up 5#)
Barbell Rows - 65# (up 5#)

SS #2
Flat Bench Chest Flyes - 32's (up 2#)
One Arm Rows - 42# (up 2#)

SS #3
Incline Barbell Bench Press - 80# (up 5#)
Barbell Deadlifts - 55# (up 3#)

Didn't do:
SS #4
Incline Chest Flyes
One Arm Horizontal Row

:confused:

This morning I did Tracey's Bootcamp metabolic conditioning #2 adding on the finisher 1 inch hold/bicycle 8 rnds and the tabata toe touch/scissors 8 rnds., 49 min, 377 calories, max hr 161. I then did the Low Impact Series Total Body Trisets upper body split, 55 min, 350 calories. Total time was 1 hr 44 min and calories burned was 727. I am terrible because I ignored a couple of phone calls trying to get done before Bill called. I still need to return those calls. I was just on the last 3 min of the stretch when Bill called. Now I will have to go return those calls.
I made a really good soup recipe from Clean Eating Cookbook 2 that is called Mexicali Cabbage soup (there might be a little more to the title) It was really good but they say 4 1 cup servings and it is 4 2 cup servings. I did the macros and it would be 8 1 cup servings how they have it. Anyway, it has no meat, very low in calories and fat, and really tastey. I could tell by how much of the ingredients was used that there was no way that was 1 cup servings. It uses 4 cups of veggie broth along with tomatoes, kidney beans and lots of cabbage. Nice and spicy:D

Debbie, wasting time like that always makes me irritated. It does take some time to hook up another dvd player too. Hopefully that will take care of your problem. I had one that used to not randomly not open so I could get the dvd out. I bought a new on and kept the old. Recently I tried hooking the old one up in another room, had that happen and carted it to the trashcan. Nice workout though.

Diane Sue - I hate recipes that have the wrong nutritional value in them. Oxygen Magazine is famour for that, not sure if that's where you got the recipe from, though. If you did, it doesn't surprise me. Sounds good, though. I made a turkey chili soup for my lunches this week and it's way too garlicy. Yuck. I like garlic, but that's all I taste in this soup. :( Oh well.... Sorry you were interrupted with phone calls. I don't have a phone in my workout room so I have no clue when anyones calls until I'm done and I hear my answering machine beeping. LOL!

Debbie, I like garlic but tend to go lighter on it when doing these recipes. I hate still tasting it when I go to bed at night even after brushing my teeth. Then the whole house smells like garlic forever. It was the Eat Clean Diet Cookbook 2. I did a highlight with a note since I had downloaded this cookbook to my ipad. Why don't they look at these before they publish them. It distinctly says Servings 4x1 cup I kept looking at thinking Huh?? So I figured it out myself.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.