Hardcore Check in November 19,2009 Thursday

WD

Cathlete
I am getting ready to go workout. I am going to do cardio, abs, and maybe some leg work then stretching and yoga. I feel much better but am not pushing those workouts yet. I think I will hold out till next week and then maybe get all 3 upper workouts in to finish STS out. I need to look and see what I want to make for meals today too. If I have a plan I do better.

Today was Yoga X and I've done this before. I really wish it wasn't an hour and a half because I just can't get the entire workout done. I only have an hour in the morning to get my workouts in so when I'm done, I'm done. I enjoy this one, though. Very good yoga practice.

Lots of vinysa's in this one, lots of up-dogs and down-dogs. I did them all. Then I did about three of the balance poses and had to quit. Had a great workout, I really enjoy this one.

I'm a bit sore from yesterday's workout, but nothing too major.

I'm curious to see how Linda liked this workout. She's not a big yoga fan. :)

Gm ladies-
yesterday was supersets and 15 ss cardio. 45 min 581 calories
ss1-sissy squats, bench press, sumo deadlift, front bb presses
ss2-reverse bb lunges, incline db rows, chest flyes, russian twists.

I really like sissy squats and the sumo deadlift.
Diane Sue-how's the neck?

Linda-to answer your question from yesterday, I have not seen a lot of results. However, I have to take pictures every two weeks (even though I only got a week in by the time I had to follow up) and my stomach looked a bit flatter.

Debbie-nice work on the p90x. That yoga is a long one. It's good but it can get old fast if you are not in the mood.

Olesya changed my cardio on the non weight days and gave me some protein shake options instea of tuna or eggs at night. I think this will help a lot. I've got to get mentally resolute with this, but it's really hard when patients, drug reps, and employees bring food to work everyday !!!!!!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Day 3 of Turbulence Training and I got some cleaning to do today.

Was reading a book and touched on the subject of not having enough time...says if you don't have enough time then you don't have enough "space". lol. So I am gonna try to get some more "space" lol. There was a mention to in the book about this man who had even less time on one particular day so what he did was created more time on that day (space) and added an hour on to do what he really desired to do..therfore, having less time for other things that aren't as important??;) Maybe?;)

Trying to get Stinky to behave. She is our English bulldog..she still thinks the kittens are toys and you know how loud an English Bulldog sounds and their big faces...the kittens hiss and I am sure think she is a monster. lol.

Today was Yoga X and I've done this before. I really wish it wasn't an hour and a half because I just can't get the entire workout done. I only have an hour in the morning to get my workouts in so when I'm done, I'm done. I enjoy this one, though. Very good yoga practice.

Lots of vinysa's in this one, lots of up-dogs and down-dogs. I did them all. Then I did about three of the balance poses and had to quit. Had a great workout, I really enjoy this one.

I'm a bit sore from yesterday's workout, but nothing too major.

I'm curious to see how Linda liked this workout. She's not a big yoga fan. :)

Deb,

Yes, lots of vinysa's in there and dog up and down. I usually cannot wait to get passed all of that. I keep looking at the clock...lol At the end though it is worth it..you feel so refreshed and ready to go!

Gm ladies-
yesterday was supersets and 15 ss cardio. 45 min 581 calories
ss1-sissy squats, bench press, sumo deadlift, front bb presses
ss2-reverse bb lunges, incline db rows, chest flyes, russian twists.

I really like sissy squats and the sumo deadlift.
Diane Sue-how's the neck?

Linda-to answer your question from yesterday, I have not seen a lot of results. However, I have to take pictures every two weeks (even though I only got a week in by the time I had to follow up) and my stomach looked a bit flatter.

Debbie-nice work on the p90x. That yoga is a long one. It's good but it can get old fast if you are not in the mood.

Olesya changed my cardio on the non weight days and gave me some protein shake options instea of tuna or eggs at night. I think this will help a lot. I've got to get mentally resolute with this, but it's really hard when patients, drug reps, and employees bring food to work everyday !!!!!!!

Theresa,

Your doing great. When the time comes we will all be delighted to see your pictures and see how well you are coming along. GREAT JOB...you've been working it hard with diet and workouts!!!

I am getting ready to go workout. I am going to do cardio, abs, and maybe some leg work then stretching and yoga. I feel much better but am not pushing those workouts yet. I think I will hold out till next week and then maybe get all 3 upper workouts in to finish STS out. I need to look and see what I want to make for meals today too. If I have a plan I do better.

Diane Sue,

Glad your feeling better. That is a relief! You got a good plan going on. I think that is smart!;)

My workout is finished. I started with the treadmill for 55 minutes and went 4.25 miles burning 506 calories max hr was 164 avg 140 with 27 min in zone. Then I did Turbo Jam Kickin Core 45 minutes and burned 383 calories, Max Hr was 172 :0 and average was 136 and I was 11 min in zone. I like the Turbo Jams. I always have fun doing them, not sure why I don't pull them out more often. I finished off with Spinervals Flexible Warrior 3.0 yoga for athletes energy and cycle segment and added some more neck stretches, 26 minutes. Total calories burned today was 985.

Edited to add that I decided to work legs tomorrow since I did Plyo legs on Tuesday. Give them a little break:)

Last edited:
Hello Maniacs!

Had to skip my workout on Tuesday as I was fighting a head cold but I freakin’ ROCKED my workout yesterday!!!!!!!!
smile_baringteeth.gif
Guess that’s what an hour nap and 8 hours of solid sleep will do for ya. My morning started out kinda congested but felt better by this afternoon and actually had alot of energy. Worked shoulders/arms/abs and I upped the weight on every exercise for all set/reps! Yeah baby!

Military Press: 65#
1 arm shoulder press: 30#
Lying rear delt w/twist: 17#
Lying side laterals: 22#
Plate choppers: 39#
DB preacher curls: 22#
Seated hammer Curls: 32# (these were tough!)
OH Ext: 35#
Kickbacks: 22#

I'm 5 weeks into bulking and seeing a difference. I actually put on a pair of jeans last week and they were too tight in my thighs.....hope that means I am gaining some mass. The hardest part is losing my abs....but they will be back! New and improved! :)

Diane Sue...glad your neck problems are getting better.
Debbie...I remember when I did P90X the yoga went on forever. I only did an hour.
Theresa...seems like you are pluggin right along with your workouts. You will see results soon, don't worry! I love sissy squats too!
Char...can you help me find more "space"! I need it! :p

Hello to all the maniacs that follow! :D

One more day of work and then I have next week of! Halleluiah!

Theresa - I like sissy squats too, but I remember them hurting my low back for some reason. I need to try those again. And I agree with what Char said, you will have amazing results following what you are doing. Nice job, girl!!! It takes a lot of discipline to stick with such a strict schedule. Especially the eats.

Char - LOL on Stinky. That is one funny name!!! I hope he and the kittens start getting along a little better soon. Have fun with your workout!

Diane Sue - Do you realize you worked out for over 2 hours today!! :eek: :eek: :eek: You are a MANIAC!!!! Hope your neck/shoulder is getting better.

Sonya - Wow, nice on those weights. You are really pushing it hard. The seated hammer curls are very impressive.

I think Linda is putting off her workout. Hee hee!!! ;)

Debbie, it seems my workouts are always over 2 hours if I do a lot of stretching. But I really do need the stretching right now. Yesterday was shorter LOL I always felt good when I was through with all of Yoga X. It is a good yoga workout if you can find that much time for it.

Theresa, you did nice calorie burns with those workouts. How long are the rests between sets? My neck is much better today. A little stiff but no headache:D

son just arrived so I will come back and finish.

My son left. He helped me figure out the wiring on my surround system. When we moved here we paid to have the wires hooked up and they hooked it where the surround sound only worked on the television:confused: So now I can listen to music and play movies with the surround sound again:D

Charlotte, I need lots of space :D Your Bulldog sounds funny. My dog used to think our rabbit was a toy. Finally had to keep them away from each other. Harvey was pretty fast though. When he got back to his cage his you could almost see his little heart beating. Mudd started out as a tiny puppy with the rabbit and the rabbit would initiate the play but then as Mudd got bigger she got rough. Now she is known to bring me squirrels and birds as presents:eek:

Sonya, nice workout. What are plate choppers? You know I work out hard and heavy and then when my pants fit my legs tighter I tend to start freaking out about getting fat. I know it is a mind thing though. If I am eating right there is no reason that it would be fat. I bet you are going to look even more stunning when you are done with this:D

I forgot to post my meals for today:
b- Optimum Nutrition whey with coffee and 1/2 packet of sugar free hot cocoa mix 1/2 grapefruit
l-new Eat Clean Cookbook Chicken Picadillo with extra chicken(they have you serve on rice but I have not done that)
s- luna bar
d- salmon and veggies
s- dymatize elite whey shake with small amount of coconut milk, water and pineapple

Thanks for the words of encouragment, I really appreciate it.
I have a tendency to sabotauge my efforts when I get really stressed out. This week is a prime example. I will do the best I can, plan the best I can, and live with the unexpected.

Diane Sue-glad the neck is better

Sonya-nice weight....how long will you be on the bulking plan?
Charlotte-hello

Sonya, nice workout. What are plate choppers? You know I work out hard and heavy and then when my pants fit my legs tighter I tend to start freaking out about getting fat. I know it is a mind thing though. If I am eating right there is no reason that it would be fat. I bet you are going to look even more stunning when you are done with this:D

Diane Sue....Thanks!
Here is a link for plate choppers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyxjZxQj73g

Yeah I'm trying not to freak out. I am back to my pre-contest weight but still at same bf %...which is the goal.

Debbie...Thanks! When I got to the last two sets of hammer curls I really had to gather all my strength! But I was determined!

Sonya-nice weight....how long will you be on the bulking plan?

Thanks! 3 months.....I think I need to have DH hide the scale so I don't freak out if I start to gain weight!

Eats for today:
M1: egg whites/oatmeal
M2: protein shake/raspberries
M3: turkey/potatoes
M4: protein shake (post-cardio)
M5: salmon and veggies
M6: eggwhites/almonds

Wow, I can't believe I finally got here! My computer is out for repairs so I have to use my old one that is now DS's and had to update a bunch of software before I could get on. Plus it's been a busy day.

I only got in the first 40 minutes of Yoga X and it was pure hell! I'll say it again - I hate yoga!!! Anyway, I had all intentions of doing the whole thing but DH got home after I was already in bed and saw the alarm set so early and thought it was a mistake and turned it off. So I over slept and was only able to get in the 40 minutes.

Thinking I might go back later this evening and finish it???

Sorry no time for personals as I have to go make dinner now....

Sonya, maybe I missed something but that doesn't look like a bulking diet to me. That is probably why you look like you do and I look like I do. Looks like what I would eat when I am trying to get lean. Probably why I have not met my goals :) I learned a long time ago to get "almost" rid of the scale. I really hardly ever pull it out of the cabinet. If it was sitting on the floor I would want to stand on it at every opportunity. Thanks for the link on plate choppers.

Linda, I am sure we can all sympathize with the computer problems. I am sorry that you had to deal with that. You should really finish P90X Yoga because I am sure you will find the last part excellent too. I tell you I did the full thing through P90X rotation but then did part of all of those downdog vinyas abd forwarded to the last 36 minutes. Nice floor work stretch and core segment. I have had my eye on Tony's latest yoga workout "30 minutes" in the one on one with tony workouts at beachbody. Sorry about the alarm. We have dual alarms on two clocks. Generally I am up way earlier so I just wake up dh if he doesn't wake up on his own.

Roselyn, good to see that you checked in and are keeping up with the rotation. I will love to hear the results when you finish.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.