Hard Core Rotation?

AVeyRa

Cathlete
I have always loved the Hard Core Series and just took advantage of a Cathe daily deal to purchase all the Gym Styles DVDs. I own all the Hard Core Series DVDs now except for Kick Max (which I am seriously eyeing after watching the chair work in the DVD preview — looks amazing), but I don’t see a Hard Core Rotation in the rotations listing. If there is one, can someone point me to it? If there isn’t, can someone give me pointers on how to schedule one? I don’t need technical help, I need scheduling help (if that makes sense). Aka “What to do on which days for a month.” How would you blend them for variety and effectiveness?

Quick recap of the Hard Core Series:

Kick Max — cardio and standing leg work with chair
IMAX 3 — cardio (one of my old Mt Everests — that sucker is hard!)
Low Max — cardio (I think I’ve done that one 872 times, LOL)
High Step Challenge — cardio + weights
Muscle Max — total body weights (seriously love that one)
Gym Styles Legs — obvious
Gym Styles Chest and Triceps — also, obvious
Gym Styles Back Shoulders and Biceps — again, obvious
Core Max — all abs
Stretch Max — beautiful all-stretch
(Hard Core Extreme — not included)

There are a ton of premixes already (I don’t have a Workout Blender). But I’m thinking I could mix and match different ones to make a rotation. I’ve never created a rotation, I just download ones that look good and edit where needed.

Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to a few Cathlete generated rotations:

Here's a Cathe rotation:

Thread 'APRIL ROTATION: Building Strength' https://cathe.com/forum/threads/april-rotation-building-strength.235953/

And 3 more from Cathe:
Thread 'March Rotation/Hardcore Series Celebration' https://cathe.com/forum/threads/march-rotation-hardcore-series-celebration.235922/

Last edited:
Here's a link to a few Cathlete generated rotations:

Here's a Cathe rotation:

Thread 'APRIL ROTATION: Building Strength' https://cathe.com/forum/threads/april-rotation-building-strength.235953/

And 3 more from Cathe:
Thread 'March Rotation/Hardcore Series Celebration' https://cathe.com/forum/threads/march-rotation-hardcore-series-celebration.235922/
!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!! You’re the best!

You're welcome! I hope you find one you'll like or modify to your needs. Did you decide against the STS2.0/LIS rotation? I hope those "dragging plank/pushups" in Afterburn didn't scare you off -you could just skip 'em, it'd only take a minute or 2 off the workout. Altho changing things up for a bit is always good too! :)

You're welcome! I hope you find one you'll like or modify to your needs. Did you decide against the STS2.0/LIS rotation? I hope those "dragging plank/pushups" in Afterburn didn't scare you off -you could just skip 'em, it'd only take a minute or 2 off the workout. Altho changing things up for a bit is always good too! :)
No, I am still doing the Xtrain/LIS three-month rotation! Started today with Xtrain Chest, Back & Shoulders. The pacing and reps are different than STS 2.0, for sure. Xtrain is tough (I think I’ve done most of the weights portions at least a couple times through). I only own Xtrain DVDs 1-5, though. The cardio stuff looks way too demanding from the online previews. Whatever I’m missing I can supplement with another LIS video or anything else from my Cathe collection.

What got me asking (above) was finally cataloging all my Cathe DVDs and seeing some of them either unopened or underused (STS Phases 2&3 are still in the plastic, even though I’ve owned them for about 18 months or so; the Slow and Heavy series I‘ve done exactly once). I have lots of “favorite” DVDs and lots that I either haven’t used more than a couple times or just haven’t worn in (step videos that are so complicated I never gave them the attention they deserved to learn and master them). I’m drawn (like most people) to what is new and fun… but I‘ve overlooked the treasure chest I already own.

Waaaaay back in the day, I lived on IMAX 3, Low Max, and Muscle Max and a mix of the Body Blast and Intensity series DVDs. I’ve done them so many times, that once I pop the DVD in and get in the groove, all that muscle memory just comes back and I have so much fun (but I also modify now quite a bit). So when I saw all three of the Gym Styles DVDs in a daily deal for half off, I thought to just complete the Hard Core set and use it for a rotation. But it‘s an (ahem) “classic” series, so rotations are hard to find. I will probably do the same for the other older series I have. Why reinvent the wheel? And if I bought it, I’m using it! I just need a strategy for that.

TBH, I’m not someone who has a bunch of other DVDs from other creators. I’m a one-instructor girl. I started out about 25 years ago in fitness following Denise Austin on Lifetime every morning at 6AM. Occasionally, I’d do some Gilad (remember him?), TaeBo, Cathey Smith, etc., and I owned a lot of their videos. I wish I could remember how I stumbled over Cathe and which workout it was. I literally have no idea. Probably FitTV or a weird one-off on some random station somewhere. But I was instantly a fan. She was different. Not chirpy, not flakey, not obviously trying to make a buck. She was SERIOUS. And fun! Eventually, all my other DVDs from other creators became obsolete and I started building my Cathe collection. She keeps putting out new content — better and better — and I keep buying it, LOL. I’m loyal HAHAHA

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.