H*A*T*E DEC 10 &11

>HOLY CR&P!!! Did you see the price on those babies? Tell me
>you don't spend that much on shoes????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No way!! OMG! But I would LOVE a pair of his shoes someday. Supposedly they're the most comfortable dress shoes you can buy...and they're definitely snappy :p

>Michele, here is my last attempt. 200 pairs of red shoes.
>You've got to like at least one pair. You gotta!!!

Holy crap!! It looks like I'll be busy for awhile -- lol!

Jen, I really like that shoe in the middle -- the Sofft. I tried that one on last spring when I was looking for shoes to take to Italy. The straps dug into my foot and they felt really uncomfortable.

The bow on the last shoe is just awful!!

The shoes came...and they don't fit x( :-( . At least Zappos makes it easy to return stuff. I'll never find shoes -- my feet are impossible to fit.

So Dana, I finally had a chance to read your first post of the day. Awwww, let me give you a big {{{{{HUG}}}}}. You definitely did NOT have a good day yesterday, but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better now. Aunt Flo seems to be in several places at once :p . I hate her!

I completely understand how you're feeling about diet/exercise/weight, etc. I got a BIG wakeup call earlier this fall when none of my clothes fit. I literally could not zip my jeans. DH and I had a bad summer with lots of family issues, and it was too hot to work out and we ate CRAP all summer long ;( . I gained a significant amount of weight -- more than I had ever gained in my life and I felt awful! That was the kick in the pants I needed. I started working out with a purpose on October 1 and I haven't stopped. I do something 5 or 6 days a week. I cleaned up my diet too, but it's a long way from perfect. I'll never be 100% clean with my diet and I wouldn't be happy if I was. I realize this will limit my success but, oh well. I'm content with fitness -- I'm not looking to be a size 2, or even a size 6 for that matter.

As for cardio, I primarily do Cardio Coach and walking workouts. I won't turn my nose up at Leslie Sansone (or Debbie Rocker, or George Foreman) ever again. They may not be complex, but they're definitely effective and I can do them. I've come to accept the fact that I cannot do Cathe's cardio. Maybe someday I'll be able to, but for right now, the walking workouts are working for me and I can do them without feeling like I'm going to die. There's a lot to be said for doing cardio at a more moderate pace. I've found that what works best for me is keeping my workouts under an hour. If I go longer than that I burn out.

Here's the rotation I'm planning to do -- it's an old one Cathe posted back in 2001. Again, for the cardio I'll do either walking workouts or CC on the elliptical. The most important thing is to just pick something and do it, and make sure you don't overwhelm yourself with some lofty but impossible goal. Good luck!! :* :)

16 Week Maximum Weight Loss Rotation

From 1/31/01...I think in addition to using my tapes, it's important to cross train with a variety of activities to get the most out of any rotation. Try this four week rotation (4 times in a row, totaling 16 weeks) along with the cleanest and healthiest eating plan you think you can stick to. Remember to eat enough nutritious calories to support your activity level or else you will slow your metabolism down.

WEEK ONE:

Mon.....Cardio Kicks

Tues....PS BBA plus a 30 minute walk/run interval program. (A seven minute walking warm up followed by seven/four minutes cycles where you run for 3 minutes and walk for one minute).
Then cool down and stretch.

Wed.....Power Max

Thurs...Interval Max

Fri.....Off

Sat.....PS CST Plus the cardio portion of Xpress Step & Intervals

WEEK TWO:

Mon: MIC

Tues: MIS

Wed: Off

Thurs: Step Fit

Fri: MIS

Sat: A 40 minute walk run workout. Aim to run more than walk. Then cool down and stretch.

Sun: Circuit Max

WEEK THREE:

The Cross Train Express series in the order of your choice. But separate the Power Circuit video from the Leaner Legs video. Seventh day of OFF.

WEEK FOUR:

Mon: Biking for 45 minutes (if you are including some hills, then 35 minutes). Cool down and stretch.

Tues: Step Works

Wed: PS BBA plus a 30 minute interval run/walk workout.

Thurs: PS CST Plus the same bike routine as Monday.

Fri: PS L/A

Sat: OFF

Sun: Body Max

Michele, I don't have most of these workouts. I do have PS and I really like that one. I think I need to come up with a plan. I have never been fat until after having my kids and it is an awful feeling. I know that "having kids" is not an excuse because there are many women who look better after having kids then before having them. I am not one of them. I have 2 very active boys, a huge house to take care of (I don't know why DH built such a big house), a dog to take care of, a full-time job, etc. I don't mean to sound like I'm making excuses but I do have a very busy life. And although I shouldn't, I seem to put exercise at the bottom of my list, where in the past it was up at the top of my list. When I was in my early 20's my mom was concerned b/c she thought I was too thin. Now, about 11 years later, it is the opposite. I wasn't much into weights when I was younger (accept for the occasional FIRM or Tammy Lee Webb workout) but I walked 10 miles almost everyday, did step and ab work. But I was single and had all the time in the world for myself. I just need to find something that works for me b/c I am miserable w/myself. I lost 30lbs 3 years ago but I was working out 90 minutes a day, 6x/week. It is much harder with 2 kids.

OK, enough of my complaining. Thanks for posting the rotation. When are you starting it?

Dana, I'm debating about whether or not I should start the rotation now or wait until January 1. I was thinking of maybe trying some new workouts I have for a couple of weeks.

As for the workouts used in the 16 week rotation -- the only one I have is PS. Like I said, I'm NOT doing Cathe's cardio. If you don't have the cardio workouts, just sub with what you do have. If you don't have time to do the whole workout, then just do part of it.

You have so much on your plate, Dana. Obviously you CAN'T do it all so you're going to have to prioritize. You have to let go of something -- let your house be dirty. I'm serious. Weight loss aside, working out is good for you mentally as well as physically and you really need to do it. Maybe you can only commit to 3 days a week for now. Figure out what you can do and make sure you do it with regularity. You really don't have to workout for 90 minutes to get results.

>I just need to find something that works for me b/c I am miserable w/myself.

There, that says it all. You must do something -- anything. Start slow.

Oh yeah, I was a size 4 when I got married. I won't tell anybody what size I am now ;) , but I had been a tiny little thing my entire life until I started treatment for infertility. Like you, it's not an excuse -- it's just what happened. ;)

ETA that trying to eat properly is more than half the battle -- I'm convinced of that. I'm very proud of myself for avoiding most of the seasonal treats. I'm usually well on my way to a 10# holiday weight gain by now, and I've actually lost weight -- not much, but at least I haven't gained anything. Phew!!

OMG -- do you guys remember that sandwich recipe I posted last week -- the one with Havarti cheese, pears, almonds, and fig jam? It is to.die.for!! I made it for lunch today and it was one of the best sandwiches I have ever had...EVAH! I don't even know how to describe it -- it was velvety and just sweet enough. I sliced the pear really thin and it was soooo yummy -- warmed through and kind of soft but not mushy. I HIGHLY recommend it! I made it on whole grain bread and I did use a little butter -- just a wee little bit on both sides for grilling.

Jen, I almost didn't see your post about Chad! *GASP* You better make sure he listens to his doctor!! OMG I cannot believe he was trying to assist clients already! That's crazy! He just had surgery!

Don't worry about slacking on personals once in awhile. It so hard to keep up sometimes. It's hard for me, that's for sure.

I've never ordered from shoes.com before. Have you? Were you happy with the service?

Okey dokey, speaking of shoes, I need to run over to the UPS store and return the ones I got today. I'll see y'all later.:*

Hey Michele!

Yeah I about slapped him last night but he said he is listening to the doctor b/c if he tears his bicep muscle I guess they curl up and either go down your arm or up your arm (depending on the tear) and coil up & they can un-coil it a tiny bit but not all the way so you'd basically have a divet in your arm! :eek: He doesn't want to not have a bicep muscle so he is going to do EXACTLY what the doctor told him. :) I think the doc freaked him out a little, which is probably what he needed.

I have ordered from shoes.com & the service was just as good as zappos except they don't ship overnight but it's free both ways also. Did you know for zappos that you can choose to send back via USPS and print the label from your computer and just throw back out on your doorstep for the mail person to take for you? That is always what I do so I don't have to go to UPS to ship back, yeah I'm lazy! :p

Running to the store then home to do KPC/L&G premix #18- MY FAV! I'll be back this evening if anyone is around as Chad has the boys tonight so I'll have some free time...maybe!

Jen, I'm glad to hear Chad's doctor sufficiently scared the daylights out of him! It wouldn't be cool for a PT to have a divet in his bicep :eek: :p

I print UPS labels from Zappos website. Our postal service around here is terrible. I wouldn't trust them to pick up my package and get it back in a timely fashion. I don't even have bills or bank statements mailed to me anymore because our mailman sucks. I have all my bills (except for one that doesn't offer paperless billing) emailed.

I'm off to the grocery store. I'll see you later.

Hello Haters.
Thank you for your prayers. The accident happened on I-23 just south of the MI border near Sylvania. I always like Heather, she asked me about my niece/nephews all the time and went to their website. Just a cool kid..
Tonight, I chose NOT to workout. 1) I will be shoveling in the AM like crazy. My car made it up the driveway tonight. 2) Horrible cramps, which working out would likely help it. But, lazy.
My cats, Seville and Madrid, got some early Christmas gifts from me tonight. 6 shiny mice from Petsmart. They recognized their bag of food, ScienceDiet, but then they got the toys. They had fun and improved their great hunting skills too.
My goal this week is to do BC and IMX2...
Hope you all have a great night and a better day on Wed.

Hi Jennifer,

I know exactly where that is -- I grew up not far from there. You have my condolences. It sounds like she was a really nice person.

I don't blame you for skipping your workout, especially if you have to shovel snow tomorrow. That IS a workout in and of itself ;) . Have you considered hiring someone to shovel for you? That would be in keeping with my strict policy of never doing anything for yourself if you can pay someone else to do it for you :p . I used to do the shoveling around here because DH is never home and I got plain sick of it. There's nothing I love more than to look out my window and watch while some guy plows my driveway. :p :7

I've made another change to my workout plan -- hehehe. Between now and the first of the year I'm sticking with endurance workouts and lots of c...c...cardio. I did Power Hour tonight and it damn near killed me. I hadn't done that one in ages and man, it's a killer. It's so much more difficult than Jari Love's workouts ;) . I was surprised by how hard it was. I thought that since I did the 4DS that it would be easy, but I actually had to drop the weight in a few of the exercises.

Well, DH just got home so I'm signing off for now. G'night everybody and I'll see you in the morning.:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.