Gym Style Series?

thea77

Cathlete
Hello everyone,

Does anyone use the GS series twice a week? I mean do all 3 workouts twice per week? Or, do you combine them with other series?

Thanks!
-Thea

Nope.
I am currently on a self made rotation where I do each GS upper body segment once per week. Lower body I try to hit a short segment daily (5 days) in an endurance related way. Add to that 5 30" cardio sessions and 3 abs sessions. And that is my plan.

Judy
AKA Likes2bift

Thea,
I did only for about two weeks though. I liked it but after reading through some post decided to add in slow and heavy with it. Its nice to have some variety but it is doable to do each of the three workouts twice a week. I liked it but I'm feeling more strength gains with the wider variation. Good Luck and give it a try and see how you like it.

~Angel

I usually only do the Gym Styles once a week (using a two day split format), but I do add in a total body weight workout during the week as well (like Muscle Max or Muscle Endurance).

Shelbygirl

I did a 3-week rotation using the Gym Styles a while ago. I did each one once a week (upper body 1 on day 1, lower body on day 3, and upper body 2 on day 5).

If you lift heavy and have built up to being an advanced exerciser, I think this may work the best.

I am doing this right now for strength work:

Monday: GS Back, Shoulder & Biceps (+cardio)
Tuesday: GS Legs (+cardio)
Wednesday: GS Chest & Triceps (+cardio)
Thursday: All cardio
Friday: Muscle Max or Muscle Endurance (+cardio)
Saturday: All Cardio
Sunday: Rest

I did the GS series twice a week with a rest day inbetween + cardio each day. I did it for 4 week straight, then changed the rotation, and then did S & H for 2 weeks the same way, and now I use all 3, GS, S&H and PS in a rotation, this last rotation is one I really like, but I'm glad I did the GS twice a week and S&H twice a week, it really built up my enduance and strength quickly.

Kit

Hello Kit,

I'm interested in the three rotations you mention in your post. Would you mind posting them? You can email or PM me if you'd prefer.

Thanks in advance.

Alexandra (Alyluna)

RE: Bumping for Kit - Gym Style Series?

>Hello Kit,
>
>I'm interested in the three rotations you mention in your
>post. Would you mind posting them? You can email or PM me if
>you'd prefer.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Alexandra (Alyluna)

Thanks to all of you who replied!

I like several of your ideas! I am try to lose body fat and struggle with whether I should be doing more endurance or more strength workouts. It has been a long time since I did more of a strength based rotation, so maybe I will head that way. Ima, I like your idea of doing GS each 1x, then adding MM to it. I guess I just need to try things and see how it goes!

Thanks again, Thea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.