(((((GOT CHINUPS?)))))

Thanks! Apparently, I wasn't lifting 90% as I found out after reading a thread in the STS forum. Someone noted the numbers were off a little so I looked at my workout card, did a few calculations and found the numbers are off by 1-2 pounds. More like 88-89% of 1RM. No big deal...the numbers are just an estimate and I was really challenged on those last few reps:).

I agree, I wouldn't worry about it. You are doing great with STS!!

Judi - Nice Workout! Those are some really nice weights you are pushing around. I certainly wouldn't worry about the 1-2%.

I got on the scale this morning and my weight hasn't dropped anymore and I was mad. But that TOTM just started so now I feel better because I am blaming it all on that!:p:p:p:p:p

Today was Triceps and Biceps. Had a good workout compared to yesterday. I kept the weight the same again, but my reps went up so that's good, but only by 1 or 2.:p

4DS HIS through first blast as warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

Ran during two minute rest between each set.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
40# - 8 sets/12-9 reps

Lying DB Extensions:

15's - 8 sets/ 9-8 reps
***Left arm did much better today! Last week it wanted to quit long before the right. :D

Double Arm Kickbacks
8's - 8 sets/ 15-13 reps

BICEPS
Dumbbell Curls:
17's - 8 sets/9-7 reps
***Oh did go up 2# here and it just about killed me!:p

Reverse Up, Curl Downs:
12's - 8 sets/8 reps
***No elbow pain on this one this week.:D

Hammer Curls:
15's - 8 sets/11-9 reps

Then got back on the TM and ran for 4 minutes to complete 1 mile. Also did stretch from 4 DS HIS. Workout was 1:05 minutes and burned about 456 calories. Guessing because I forgot to turm HRM on until over halfway through.

Must I continue talking to myself?:( Doesn't anyone want to come play, I am lonely.:(

Today was Cardio & Abs and I did Amy's Kickbox Surge & Core Training. Oh my goodness, that workout is just so much FUN!:D:D:D:D I absolutely love it.:D:D:D:D My right hip was bugging me yesterday so I probably should not have chosen kickbox, because it aches a little now, but it was so worth it. :p Anyway, workout was 78 minutes and I burned 660 calories! WooHoo!

LOL Linda!! I was going to mention that I did Amy's In the Ring kickbox yesterday which wasn't a good choice either because my upper back/neck and shoulder seized up again. It hurts my neck to turn my head to the right because the muscles are so tight.:confused: How does her new KB W/O compare? I tried her extreme kickbox from Netflix and didn't like it but I love her ITR.

I did disc 32 plyo legs this morning and almost died doing the one legged squat thrust jumps. My legs were on fire and only got in 8 reps out of the ten. I just couldn't jump up anymore.

Catherine- How ya doing??

Judi - I think it is easier to learn the ITR, and I found KBX too hard to learn. Only ever did it once. Yes, there were a couple of difficult combos but they seem as though I could nail them the next time. Funny thing was even with the learning curve (me standing there going HUH?) my HR still got way up there and pretty much stayed there. Even hit Max HR on 180 at one point.:p

Okay Catherine, it's your turn to come out and play. Hope all is well!

Hey ladies!! I got out of the house today!!!!!! DH took me out to lunch. Foot's still a fair bit touchie with walking. I'm not fully bearing weight on it- you know doing that lopsided walking, but it seems to be doing ok. I go back to the doc tomorrow. Monday will be here before I know it :confused: Maybe we could win the lottery over the weekend and I wouldn't have to go back:cool:

Sorry to hear that you two are having issues with your hip and back :(

Last edited:
Catherine - Yea! On getting out!Hoping for good reports from the doctor tomorrow!:)

Judi - Forgot to ask, did you order Kickbox Surge? You should get it, it really is fun. BTW, I happen to know that Lora over on the Maniac thread is selling an extra copy cheap.;) If you want I can talk to her.

Judi - Forgot to ask, did you order Kickbox Surge? You should get it, it really is fun. BTW, I happen to know that Lora over on the Maniac thread is selling an extra copy cheap.;) If you want I can talk to her.

No, I didn't buy Kickbox Surge. I figured ITR would tide me over until STS cardio comes out plus I also have the newest Powerstrike dvd. Thanks for thinking of me though.:)

Today was Shoulders.

4 DS HIS through first blast as warmup.

Ran for 2 minutes during rest between each exercise.

SHOULDER
Dumbbell Upright Rows:
16's - 8 sets/12-10 reps
***Up 1# and I felt it.:confused:

Dumbbell Overhead Press:
10's - 8 sets/13-10 reps

Lateral Raise:
10's - 8 sets/12-10 reps
** Elbows were bending more & more as the sets went on.:p*

Bent Over Straight Arm Posterior Delt Raise:
(think Slow & Heavy)
10's - 8 sets/14-11 reps
Dumbbell Shrugs:
25's - 8 sets/16-14 reps
**Up 5#

Then finished with the Bonus Cardio from BM2 twice, think timesaver premix, and then the stretch from BM2 as well. Workout was 1:07 hour and burned 489 calories.

No workout for me today :( I had my appointment this morning and dressing changed. Man is my foot black and blue LOL!! Anyway I came home, ate, waited about an hour and then was getting things set up. Well before I could even start my w/o the foot was throbbing pretty bad. I thought to myself this is not worth it. So I took a pill and propped my foot up. I may try again tomorrow.

Linda, you ever think about doing KB swings as your active recovery??

Judi, how are things going with you and STS?

Linda, you ever think about doing KB swings as your active recovery??

Ummm, No. It never entered my mind. I guess after each exercise I am so wiped out that the last thing that comes to my mind is picking up another weight and swinging it around. Buuutttt...... on the other hand, tomorrow is leg day and I hate running during the rest because, well, my legs are tired. So the swings just might be the ticket for tomorrow. Thanks for the idea. May keep them light though.:p

Also, sorry your foot is throbbing. Tomorrow is another day.

Judi, how are things going with you and STS?

Hey Catherine- 4 more STS workouts and I will be done!! I have no idea what I'll be doing after. Sorry about your foot throbbing. Hope you can get in your w/o tomorrow. I saw the post from Cathe commenting on your great biceps. Very cool:D

Linda- Great job on your workout. Do you do the posterior delt raises in place of reverse flys? I have been doing those during STS since reverse flys really bother my shoulder.

My niece's is getting married this Saturday and both my kids are in the wedding. My SIL and nephew from TX just arrived today and my brother and other nephew come tomorrow. Everyone is staying with me so I may be MIA the rest of the weekend. Hope you guys have a good one:)

Hey Catherine- 4 more STS workouts and I will be done!! I have no idea what I'll be doing after.

Wow!! Hard to believe you are almost done!! Do you have 4ds or the gym styles? I think once I get around to completing STS I'll either do a 4ds rotation or GS rotation.

Have a good time this weekend!!

Judi - Can't believe your almost done STS, that time flew. Your neice picked a great day to get married as it is also my birthday!:p Hope you have a great time. Actually, I did rear flyes the first three weeks of this rotation then swithed out most all of the exercises, thats when I changed to the rear raise. I have to say I like it much better as I don't feel my shoulder is vunerable as it is in the rear flye (I have injured myself with rear flyes before so they make me leary)

I need a lighter KB!:p:eek::p:eek:

WOW! WOW! All I can say is WOW! Never before have my legs felt like such jelly and lead after a workout, as they do today. Thanks Catherine! I did the KB swings during my active rest between exercises today. I only used a 20#KB but by the third set I was thinking .... I NEED A LIGHTER KB!

Today was Legs.

4DS HIS through first Blast as warmup .

20# KB Swings during 2 minute rest between each exercise. This was about 75 swings each time, and I threw some one hand swings in there for variety.

LEGS
Front Squats w/DBs (heels raised):
20's# - 8 sets/11-9 reps
** loved this with the heels rasied.

Alternate Front Lunges:
15's - 8 sets/10 reps
***HR up high here. Really feel this in the hamstrings and glutes

Leg Extensions:
23.5# - 8 sets/11-7 reps
**This exercise was near impossible this morning after the swings!:confused: I hate this one!

Hamstring Press on HS w/4 Risers:
15# - 8 sets/15-13 reps
***I think I passed out here.:p

Firewalkers:
Purple Band - 8 sets/16 reps
**There was a whole lotta fire going on this morning!:eek:

DB Calf Raises:
25's - 8 sets/17-15 reps
***Up 5 #. Toes forward, in and out alternating. Toes in is my favorite.

Finished with Combo/Blast 2 from 4DS HIS. Which was near impossible to do on leaded jelly legs.:confused::confused::confused: Legs did not want to propel me anywhere.:p:p Then did both stretches from 4DS HIS and even added a few extra leg ones on my own. Workout was 1:14 and burned 543 calories.

DD just woke up crying with a sore throat.....just may be a long day. And FIL is in from out of town for a visit.:confused: Looks like I may be heading to the pediatrician.:(

Nice job Linda!! Those swings really do add a bit of intensity, don't they?

I actually did disc 13 today!!! :D Foot did nicely. It's swollen and sore, but not too bad. I think my tolerance was just low yesterday :eek: This was Chest,shoulders and tricpes at 70% of 1 RM:

Flat Bench:
65#-12/10/8
(I feel like I should have been able to go heavier, but I just couldnt')

Chest Flys Flat Bench:
26.25# 12/10/8

Incline BB Press:
65# 10 reps-was supposed to be 12 :confused:
55# 10/8

Incline Flys:
25# 12/10/8

Seated Front Press(alt arms):
17.5# 10 reps-was supposed to be 12
15# 10/8

Seat Front Press To Failure:
15# 9 reps

Alt Lat Raise:
10# 12/10/8

Both arms to failure:
10# 7 reps

Seated Rear Delts:
11# 12/10/8

Shoulders are not my strong point, but STS is helping make improvements

Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extensions:
37# 12/10/8
To failure reps 37# 5 reps :eek:

X-Body Extensions: (subbed for side lying on SB):
12# 12/10/8

One Armed Kickbacks:
17.5 #12/10/8

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.