Got biopsy results...

slnewmanpt

Cathlete
Well, I'm not feeling too great today. I went to my surgeon yesterday and found out that I have breast cancer. They weren't finished with testing, the pathologist sent the biopsy to the Mayo Clinic to do further testing. They don't think it has spread to the lymph nodes. On top of everything else, I have a severe kidney infection so I'm running a 102 degree fever, plus I have a terrible head cold.

Thank you all for caring and asking me to keep you updated. They say the Lord won't give you more than you can handle, but it sure seems like a lot to handle right now. Please keep me in your prayers.

Sherry

Oh Sherry I am so sorry to hear this news. And the infection I hope it clears up, there is a wonderful scripture in Isaiah that I always refer to in stressful times I will find it and send you the quote via email.

All my love and praying for you.

Babs

Sherry, I am so sorry for your news. I know that if the cancer hasn't spread to the nodes your chances of remission are higher & will pray to that end.

I feel like I should say something more but just can't find the words. My prayers are with you & your family.

Deborah

I'm sorry too. Now you should focus on taking care of yourself - you deserve all the pampering in the world until you get better again. Good luck and God bless. Laura

Hi Sherry,

I am sorry to hear your news, I will be thinking of you and your family at this difficult time, sending love and prayers to you. My MIL was diagnosed a year ago with breast cancer and has been in remission since the Spring - there is light at the end of the tunnel, as breast cancer treatment is one of the best now.
Look after yourself, Sherry, and Take Care, we are always here for you at the forum.

Anna

This is indeed a lot to handle. Please remember you've got friends all over the place, including us here. Please keep us posted on your condition, AND your upcoming treatment.

We're in 2002/3 here, when treatment for breast cancer is getting nothing but better. I'm thinking of you during these trying times, and grateful that science is what it is.

My best thoughts to you -

Annette

Sherry, I'm so sorry. I am happy to hear that they don't think it has gone to the lymph nodes. THAT is VERY important! Like the others have said, the technology today is superb. We TRULY do care about you and please come here to talk to us anytime. I will be praying for you & your family lots. Feel free to E-mail me anytime also. Sending you a big cyber hug. {{{SHERRY}}}

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Sherry, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. May God put his healing hand on you. Stay strong.

Sharon

I truly am sorry to hear this news. I hope and pray for a quick remission. I hope you know that we are here to lend an ear whenever you need it. Please stay strong and positive - take car, Susan

Sherry,
I am thinking about you with care right now. I know several people who are in remission after bouts of treatment. My patients! I'm a dental hygienist and i get to know some patients better than close friends!

It may not sound important compared to what you are facing now, but please ask your dental office to schedule a visit with the hygienist and get a fluoride treatment and a tube of fluoride gel (strong) or rinse to use every day until you finish with any treatment.

Your hygienist will tell you what a huge difference this can make in your life. The usual treatments have an unfortunate dental side effect that fluoride treatments can help you to sidestep.

My prayers to you! I think I know the verse in Isaiah- I will trust, and not be afraid, for the Lord is my strength... if not, this is a good verse too...

Hi Sherry,

I'm so sorry to hear this, and of course you and your family will be in my daily prayers.
There have been so many advancements in Cancer treatments that I hope you keep a positive thought about whatever treatment lies ahead. Please always feel like you can come here and share whatever you're feeling. Sometimes we feel the need to "be brave" for family and friends, but we all need to have a safe outlet somewhere so I hope we can be that for you. :)

Donna

Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

My prays and thoughts are with you Sherry.It seems like alot of women are getting breast cancer these days but they also seem to be fighting it and surving it very well.
I am sure you will get through this.They do say that about the Lord.It makes you wonder but I think it is true.Weather it be physically or emotionally.Me on the other hand.I don't think I would be able to handle diddly squat.So, maybe that is why in my lifetime thus far I haven't had to handle very much.But you don't know what tomorrow,today,an hour from now will bring you.
Best of luck to you and try to enjoy your holidays as much as possible...
Love,
Lori xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox:*

Sherry,

My heart aches for you. I've thought about you all morning, and I will be praying for you too. We are always here for you, even if you just want to rant and rave at the unfairness of it all, someone is here.
Dawn

I'd like to add my thoughts and prayers to the group, Sherry. I have a couple of friends who have just gone through the ordeal and are both doing very well. I hope things will go as smoothly as possible for you, too.

I think Mother Theresa was quoted as saying, "I know the Lord won't give me more than I can handle - I just wish he didn't trust me so much."

Angela

Sherry,

I believe that the love and prayers of your family and friends will sustain you during this trial. I am sorry this is happening to you. If you find yourself afraid and you need to to say so, please don't hesitate to come here. We care, we know and understand that this could be happening to any one of us, we will all be thinking and praying for you.

Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.