Going through a tough time (long)

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I know how hard it is to let go of the dreams we create for ourselves. Making a new plan can be very stressful and frightening.

I recommend that you make an appointment with your Doc and tell him what's been going on. Ending a relationship is sort of a death in the family. The grief is very real and the Doc may be able to help more than you know.

Doctor's appointment (update)

After two days of searching and making calls I found an office with a female psychiatrist and a female psychologist and I decided to call and make an appointment with the psychiatrist. The lady that took my call was very nice and answered all my questions and she said that I can switch to either whenever I want to and that a visit with the psychiatrist doesn't mean I'm going to be put on medication right away or if I choose against it. I haven't been to a therapist for so long I don't even know what to do or say anymore. The appointment however is on January 12th so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see her and I'll have to go through the holidays without treatment too. Ugh it just makes me nervous.

About the ex, well I have to say that the only day I cried for him and our situation was the day I posted this thread. I haven't had any time or energy to cry for him anymore. I think of him and he's pretty much one of the worst things that have ever happened to me and the best thing at the same time because I can see things so clearly now. I have a lot of things to worry about besides him and there are people around me (including a friend that has bone cancer) with problems I can't even begin to talk about. I think I had my grieving time and now I'm going to start a new chapter in my life. A year from now this will all be in the past and I'll be a different person and hopefully a much better person without him.

Again I want to thank all of you ladies that replied to my post. I can't even describe how much you helped me with your words. Thank you thank you thank you.

RE: Doctor's appointment (update)

Rose, thank you so much for keeping us posted. You sound like a very strong person, and I'm sure this will only make you stronger in the long run. I know this sounds trite, but I do believe it. Best wishes.

RE: Doctor's appointment (update)

Rose, you are an amazing woman and I wish you all the best as you find your way. I usually find the holidays so stressful it isn't funny. this year I am taking them in my stride as I have already emoted and stressed enought to last a lifetime since last July. :D Treat yourself with kindness and great care. You are a very special woman and you deserve the best. Blessings.
Bobbi
Elves rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

Rose...

I don't post here very often, but just wanted to say that you deserve better! I am glad to hear that you are doing better and before you know it you will be saying "Who?" He does not deserve you that's for sure, I say it's his loss! Glad to hear you are talking with someone about this, sometimes it helps to talk about it rather than bottling it up inside. Also keeping up with exercise should be a big help too, I know I am very glad I have my exercise to fall back on when I am down about something, sometimes being men related. Maybe it's a good time to take out Kick Punch and Crunch, eh?

What was that line from The Wedding Planner, "What I have in mind involves a machetti and a pair of pliers!" Thats how I feel about cheaters anyway. You hang in there, sending warm and sunny wishes your way.

Tara

>What was that line from The Wedding Planner, "What I have in
>mind involves a machetti and a pair of pliers!"

hahahaha ok that was funny. Thanks for your reply. It's day #11 and I feel okay, although he's starting to appear in my dreams (ugh I know my subconscious is something I cannot control), but when I wake up I don't feel anything for him; I don't feel sad or mad. I just think "whatever, he's the one that lost here and I'm the winner".

Now that my mind is a lot clearer and I fell out of love I can see a lot of things that I wasn't noticing before. I guess love was blinding me, but I'm thankful I saw the truth, he's not the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, or be the father of my children.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.