Gliding Discs

kerribilliot1

Cathlete
Anybody else having trouble doing jumping jacks with these discs? I did regular jumping jacks today because my inner thighs were hurting, and not in a good way!

I noticed that another poster mentioned this, so I did not go out wide at all for the jumping jacks. I didn't have any trouble doing it that way.

kerribilliot1 said:
Anybody else having trouble doing jumping jacks with these discs? I did regular jumping jacks today because my inner thighs were hurting, and not in a good way!

I think you need to focus on using your heel as a break. I was treating these like a fast, shallow plyo-Jack (with gliding instead of jumping). Also, try not going as wide at first until you get the technique.

I mentioned this in another post, but I placed an old mirror where I could watch my feet. The mirror is really helping me get the hang of the discs.

It helped me to keep a very slight bend in my knees. Then I was feeling it in the right places and not in the wrong ones.

Same here...I had success by keeping a slight knee bend, not going out as wide with my legs, and most importantly -- using my heels as a braking system. As someone else said, keep you movements shallow until you get the technique down. Don't give up because once you get used to how they work, the are so much fun! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.