Getting rid of some videos

One more selling tip for eBay...

I think it's a good idea to set your minimum bid very low, say, $1 or $2 max. This gives even your less popular videos a chance and once the bidding starts it just seems to have a life of its own!

I've had great luck both selling and buying items on eBay. Don't worry about setting your minimum bid too low, the bidders will set the market price and I have found that it's usually a fair one! Good Luck!!

Buffat33 and Kathryn

I know I've won bids from ya'll at eBay. While I can't remember what the videos were I know I appreciated getting them and they were PERFECT!

I've only had one disappointing purchase at eBay. The exercise video was in the wrong (and filthy) cover and the tape had a bizarre irreparable colour drag.

It became obvious that the seller(s) did not know one thing about fitness or exercise. It was just an effort to "get rich quick" by collecting stuff (like a really dowdy flea market) and going on an Ebay spree. It took 7 WEEKS to get this video. I contained my anger because I figured if I could just gloss over my frequent requests I had a better chance of eventually getting the tape. They said the "shipping department" lost it, "now they've found it", "they've lost it", "they've found it"...

I finally got pretty curt and received the video (in the condition previously stated) shortly after. It left a permanent and stabilizing impression.

Could this have been avoided? Yes. I glanced at the profile. I only read the first couple feedbacks. I DID NOT look at the graph that shows the negative/neutrals over the past months. If I would have been careful instead of hurried I would have seen and read about 9 out of 50 very unhappy and disgusted buyers. Go figure!

I am careful now. And I thrill when I do get something from a seller I've worked with before, like Buffat33 and Kathryn. There is also a Vanessa that frequents eBay and visits VF who I've bought from and had great rapport with.

Here's what I do....

I set the minimum bid price at the lowest price I would be satisfied getting. Then I charge 4.00 for priority mail and insurance. I learned about the insurance the hard way. Then I can just get a video priority box from the post office. I've had videos go for less than I was happy with and then noticed someone else got like twice as much as I did a week later. If it doesn't sell the first time you can relist it for free and try again. Amazingly, sometimes the second time a bidding war gets started and it goes for more than I had expected. It just takes patience. But I'd suggest that you don't make the minimum a price that you will not be happy selling it at. Just thought I'd share my experience with you and I've sold many many thing on ebay. The same holds true for buying things. If it gets too high I wait for another one to come along. Ebay is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I love it!! Good luck.

PS. I never do reserves, I think they scare the buyers away.

Thanks UpNOver

Thanks for the compliment. I try and ship my videos out the same day i get payment. I send them with great care because i treasure all of them and i know they are going to a good home, hopefully to someone who is as addicted as i am. The Ebay clientele is a very "educated crowd" they know videos, if a video is a good one it will generally sell for a very good price. I've only had a few disappointments. A little word of advice, if you are selling a video that is worth alot of money make your min. bid a high one, someone will bid for it and you will get what you want for it and not feel like you gave it away. And if perhaps it doesn't sell, just relist it for another week. Sooner or later it will sell.
Good luck to everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.