Getting Our Licks In!

Happy New Year's Eve dear friends. The past 24 hours has been a time of mixed emotions. I ended up sobbing in my closet (it's the size of a small room) last night as I was looking at Joe's clothes. Took a while to go to sleep but eventually did. I did have a nice visit with sister and my parents earlier in the week. Sister posted some pictures on FB of her and Toby. Went in to work on Thursday and worked at home yesterday. This morning, Toby and I had obedience class and he got to play with his buddy Rex, the English Springer Spaniel, this afternoon--he is snoozing while I type. Been doing the Strong and Sweaty workouts this past week. I've done 2 bootcamp premixes, cardio slam, and PHA. Today I went with an ICE workout: low impact sweat. Tonight I will go to a neighbor's house for a New Year's get together. I doubt I will make it to midnight since I'm usually in bed by 9 pm.

Cindy: sounds like you had a very Merry Christmas. The kids must have loved the snow. I really like the ICE workouts; hope you enjoy them and hope that Lucas is feeling better.

Janie: wow--what a few days you had. I'm happy to hear that Joey is safe and sound and that you managed to have a good Christmas despite the weather and being separated from Joey. I did the S&S bootcamp workout twice this week--the first time I did the first 3 rounds, the second time the last 3 rounds. I think the last 3 rounds are easier, particularly the cardio segments.

Laura: WHAT, you didn't preorder Strong and Sweaty? Can't believe it. The workouts are intense but are easy to modify and have lots of timesaver premixes (which I love). I can see the PHA workout becoming a favorite. If you ordered it now, the workouts would definitely help you lose those 10 pounds. The sinus infection sounds awful. Is it painful? Is the malformation something you can get surgically fixed or is it just something you deal with? Ugh.

Waves to Shadowpup.
Michelle

Finally finishing up STS today. I did the last Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps today. Unfortunately this bilateral wrist pain prohibited me from lifting as heavy as I can and had to take it down a notch. I figure nothing is better than nothing .right?It has taken me close to a year to work through . I Am thinking of doing an ICE rotation...maybe the advanced rotation but if I were honest with myself I am more at the intermediate level right now. I am still struggling with this sinus infection. If it doesn't clear up by the beginning of next week I will have to get some antibiotics [emoji17]

Michelle lots of love. The first year is a doozy. So hard but the first Christmas is now behind you. I know it's hard to believe I didn't get PHA Series. I decided to order it as an award for losing those firs 10lbs. I really want to work on ICE, RWH, XTrain and LIS for now. I love all those and feel like I have not focused on them enough yet

Happy New Year every one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy New Year's! We had a fun weekend off to meet my new niece - she is precious - and then home New Year's Eve to have a quiet family night playing games and watching a movie. Sunday the kids did Zumba with me and we played tag as a family in our snow maze and went sledding. Dave and I wrapped up the night doing P90X Kenpo. Monday I had off from work so I did a 15 min 30-day challenge workout with Lily and finished my night with ICE Low Impact Sweat + Core #2. I even got up early this morning to do the second day of the 30-day challenge and plan to end my evening with LIHI Back/Biceps/Shoulders. We are all back to our normal routines today and it feels good :)

Laura - Something is always better than nothing :) Great job wrapping up STS and I'm sure you can find some great mixes for the ICE, RWH, Xtrain, and LIS workouts. After this week I think I'll follow Cathe's ICE/RWH rotation. Hope your sinuses clear up soon!

Michelle - You are such a strong woman! Tears are OK, I hope Toby helped wipe them off your face. Keep up the great work

Janie - Did you get on track yesterday?

Cindy

Not on track yet, but I'm trying. Yikes! Not eating as much but still...I'm struggling! Gosh Darn It!

You all look like you are doing such good work. Very proud of you.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Today I am doing a week of the advanced ICE rotation which was Rock'm Sock'm + blizzard blast + triceps meltdown. It was tough and I had to take it down a notch on a few of the higher impact. It was tough. And I did feel a sharp twinge in my right foot later on the plantar fasciitis. I also had my grief yoga group today which is more sharing, meditation, journaling than yoga, but it is very healing.

I am on day 4 of a 100 day alcohol and sugar free challenge. I have dropped 5 lbs of water weight so far ready to get down to shedding the adipose tissue!!

Last night I did my 30 challenge workout with Lily (she set a resolution at school to workout with me more this year so she can be stronger) and it was a tough one but we powered through. After the kids were in bed I did Chiseled Lower TS#1 and it about kicked my rear - I thought I was done but managed to find it in me to get the last move done! Tonight I'll do the 30 challenge with Lily again (yoga) and then a RWH Chest/Tricepts/Shoulders Timesaver. I've done great with keep sugar out of my diet and kept the carbs low yesterday, a constant work in progress!

My kids start ski lessons on Sunday and Dave signed me up for a lesson too - I haven't been on skis for 24 years! I'm nervous but I know I can do it and as fear/anxiety sets in I think of Shadowpup and her encouragement to try new/scary things and push ourselves :)

Laura - Great work with the RMSM - it's always nice to survive those hard workouts! It sounds like your yoga group is wonderful :) Woohoo on 5 lbs down and dropping the alcohol and sugar - not easy!

Janie - You'll get back on track :)

Michelle - Hope all is well with you and Toby!

Shadowpup - How are you doing?

Cindy

Looks like my last post didn't post[emoji35]. So I'm doing just one week of the advanced ICE rotation because it mostly repeats itself for all intensive purposes. I have done the Rock'm Sock'm with blizzard blasts and Shoulders. Yesterday I slogged through To The Mat and today is Metabolic Total Body (haven't done this one yet) with. Chest Blizzard blast and Icy Core 1. It's a long work out 87 minutes to be exact. The. Deep Clean Max of the middle level of my town house. I did bottom level on Thursday. Cooking a nice healthy dinner for Christopher and myself. And I'm thinking of skiing tomorrow since it's warmed up a bit.

Hope everyone enjoys there weekend. Looks like snow [emoji300]️ across the country so stay safe and warm

I bought Cathe's calendar and I put (but in different order) her Jan. rotation. I'll start it this Monday. I can't wait.

I see you all are doing great. Good for you!

See you all Monday.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Today was ICE Low Impact Sweat, Blizzard Blast, & Muscle Meltdown Back. I'm enjoying the series a little more as I get used to it, but not a huge fan of the lifting. Nits to fast and has no breakers even between the giant sets. After STS Meso Cycle 3 Hypertrophy it's hard to switch it up so fast.

Janie tomorrow is the day! You got this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm doing great with food (no sugar/low carb) and doing a workout every day :) Friday I did the 30 day challenge and sort of cleaned the house, Friday was the 30 day challenge plus ICE Bootcamp Blizzard Blast, Sunday we went skiing (I did well and I was really proud of myself, I also was thanking Cathe for my legs being as strong as they are because I was not complaining about sore legs like some of the others in my class) and then Lily and Dave both joined me for the 30 day challenge. Tonight is yoga for the 30 day challenge and then I'll do RWH PlyoHiit 1.

Janie - Have fun starting the calendar today :) I usually adjust days a bit depending on my busy days, etc.

Michelle - Hope you're doing well and are getting lots of kisses from Toby!

Laura - You are doing awesome with your workouts! Keep it up :) Did you not like To The Mat? I really enjoy that on for a more slower pace leg workout.

Cindy

Did Strong and Sweaty Rotation. I have it in places in different order. But on 2nd thought I will have it like Cathe's. I also have it on my Cathe's Calendar. YaHoo! Here I go.

Today was Boot Camp. I didn't use a premix to shorten the w/o I did all 45 min. of it. I did use Modifications that Cathe suggested. YaHoo! I'm so excited!

Laura, Great job on ICE Low Impact Sweat, Blizzard Blast and MM back. Yep! I got this. Thanks for the support.

Cindy, Nice you are doing well with your diet. Great job on Fri. 30 day challenge and cleaning house. And for doing ICE Botcamp Blizzard Blast, for Sun. skiing. What? Isn't it the wrong time of year?

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night was yoga for the 30 day challenge and I did RWH Plyo Hiit 1 - man I forgot how much of a butt kicking that is! I wasn't quite as fast as Cathe in the workouts but I'll get there :) Kept food and water on track for the day! Tonight will be abs for the 30 day challenge and RWH Lift it Hiit it Legs - not sure my calves are excited about it!

Janie - Great job starting the rotation! Are you liking Strong and Sweaty? I really want to get the PHA workout at some point :) It was downhill skiing - so definitely proper time of the year. We live about 30 minutes from a ski hill (well the more affordable one!).

Cindy

Today I did Ramped Up Upper Body. OML! I did the full 48 min, but did about half the weight of what Cathe did on most exercises. Wow! I'm shaking! LOL, Love it! Eating yogurt now to help with the torn muscles.

Cindy, Great job on RWH Plyo HiiT 1. I'm loving Strong and Sweaty. Oh yeah, for some reason I was thinking about boat skiing. I know, just wasn't thinking at all! LOL! First thing I think about is water skiing, hardly ever do I think about snow skiing. GOOD FOR YOU! And so close to a skiing area. Enjoy the Winter Sport!

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Yesterday was Rest Day today I did STS Step Moves and ICE Chiseled Upper Body. I wanted to go skiing but I couldn't find my free pass! [emoji47]. I'm also doing good on my nutrition low carbs sugar and no booze. I've lost 8 lbs!

Janie. Great job with the workouts! I love to hear about Strong & Sweaty since I don't have it!

Cindy: you are certainly motivating me to hit the slopes! What's this 30 day challenge you are doing? Good job on being active and on the diet!

Tonight was PHA Training 44 min. Of course I did half the weight Cathe did, some even lower. But I know that's OK. Wow! My heartbeat was up the whole time. Yikes! Loved it! Sweaty too.

Laura, Glad to see rest days. They are important as well. I love seeing you here.

Take care,

Janie

So my Right wrist has steadily gotten worse and worse because I have been burying my head in the sand and hoping it would just go away. I am finally icing it and splinting it. So I have to be flexible with my workout plan. I was going to do a round of RWH but the heavy lifting is out for now [emoji853][emoji17]and the higher impact has been bothering my right knee and feet so I'm going to do a week or two of cardio and lower body. Today was a gentle 2.5 mile walk and a premix of Party Rocking Step.

I won't be able to play with my TRX for awhile either and no push ups and only elbow planks.....so feeling a little frustrated ....[emoji58][emoji53][emoji81]

Today's w/o: Low Impact HiiT One. WOW!!!!! I LOVE this W/O!!!! I've never did this one before. At least I don't remember I did. Such a cool w/o. Length time28:05 min. Some of it wasn't pretty though. LOL!

Laura, Glad you are taking things seriously. I think you are right in doing cardio and lower body for a week or two. Great job on walking 2.5 miles. and a premix of Party Rocking Step. Hope your right wrist and right knee gets better soon. Ice both.

Take care,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.